Pats vs Bucs Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread

Why do I get the sneaky feeling this team is going to pull a 2011 Red Sox/lots of hype questionable performance act?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread:
    [QUOTE]Why do I get the sneaky feeling this team is going to pull a 2011 Red Sox/lots of hype questionable performance act?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I don't see that at all and the Patriots are NOT  anything like the red sox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

what a nice play by Mallet, IMO he's # 2 on the depth chart. He looks better every time that he's out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

Mallet looked good tonight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Didn't I just say to cut Hoyer and use his roster spot on someone else?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't I just say to cut Hoyer and use his roster spot on someone else?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Yes you did and I agree with you there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Wow, that was a great throw 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Mallett is the future

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Think a team would give up a 5th or 6th for Hoyer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Think a team would give up a 5th or 6th for Hoyer?
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

BB would probably just cut him so he could sign with a QB needy team... like the Jest's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I wouldn't cut any of the qb's until the O line gets squared away.

I guess they could cut Hoyer and make Edelman the third/emergency qb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread : BB would probably just cut him so he could sign with a QB needy team... like the Jest's.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll see...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread : I don't know. I don't see that at all and the Patriots are NOT  anything like the red sox Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE] I certainly hope not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Despite the poor performance of the starting offense there were some real positives that came out of this game. 

1, Other than the opening drive the starting defense looked very good.
    2, Chandler Jones looked good again.
    3. Demps showed that he's going to be a game changer.
    4. Mallet continues to improve, looks like the #2 QB.
    5. Ridley continues to impress, 89 yards rushing, 5.4 per carry.
    6. Soldier improves over Monday nights game.

The one major negative that decided the game was the lack of protection by the offensive line. It's a problem that will derail the season if not fixed but given coach Scar's history he will fix that problem. They seemed to improve some after making adjustments in the 2nd half. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Mallett is the future
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Mallett is the future
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]
    If they got 3 Super Bowls out of a lowly 6th round pick like Brady, how many can Mallett deliver?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread : If they got 3 Super Bowls out of a lowly 6th round pick like Brady, how many can Mallett deliver?
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

If they ride their horses (Ridely, Bolden) and use their third down backs (Woody, Demps) with this young improved defense they will be contenders for another decade at least.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Despite the poor performance of the starting offense there were some real positives that came out of this game.  1, Other than the opening drive the starting defense looked very good. 2, Chandler Jones looked good again. 3. Demps showed that he's going to be a game changer. 4. Mallet continues to improve, looks like the #2 QB. 5. Ridley continues to impress, 89 yards rushing, 5.4 per carry. 6. Soldier improves over Monday nights game. The one major negative that decided the game was the lack of protection by the offensive line. It's a problem that will derail the season if not fixed but given coach Scar's history he will fix that problem. They seemed to improve some after making adjustments in the 2nd half. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

The defense has to play more 3/4, they look weak with the two DL front.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Despite the poor performance of the starting offense there were some real positives that came out of this game.  1, Other than the opening drive the starting defense looked very good. 2, Chandler Jones looked good again. 3. Demps showed that he's going to be a game changer. 4. Mallet continues to improve, looks like the #2 QB. 5. Ridley continues to impress, 89 yards rushing, 5.4 per carry. 6. Soldier improves over Monday nights game. The one major negative that decided the game was the lack of protection by the offensive line. It's a problem that will derail the season if not fixed but given coach Scar's history he will fix that problem. They seemed to improve some after making adjustments in the 2nd half. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

No major injuries...Brady and the offense gets a few more reps to work out the kinks...some good performances (Ridley, C. Jones), improved performance by Solder, and a glimpse of the explosive potential of Demps. Other than Vereen limping off the field early and the continuing struggles of RT Cannon, an okay night for the Pats...despite the early struggles of the vanilla offense, and the final score.

No worries, except at RT. The Pats will be ready to roll in September.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread : The defense has to play more 3/4, they look weak with the two DL front.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

yeah they do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread :      No major injuries...Brady and the offense gets a few more reps to work out the kinks...some good performances (Ridley, C. Jones), improved performance by Solder, and a glimpse of the explosive potential of Demps. Other than Vereen limping off the field early and the continuing struggles of RT Cannon, an okay night for the Pats...despite the early struggles of the vanilla offense, and the final score.      No worries, except at RT. The Pats will be ready to roll in September.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point about no major injuries, that should have been number 1 on my list. I agree, they will be ready to roll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs Bucs Game thread :      No major injuries...Brady and the offense gets a few more reps to work out the kinks...some good performances (Ridley, C. Jones), improved performance by Solder, and a glimpse of the explosive potential of Demps. Other than Vereen limping off the field early and the continuing struggles of RT Cannon, an okay night for the Pats...despite the early struggles of the vanilla offense, and the final score.      No worries, except at RT. The Pats will be ready to roll in September.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Arrington and Larsen also injured. 
    Ridley ran well but missed blitz assignment put TB on his back.
    Way too much of that!
    Demps is fun to watch.
    Mallett # 2 looked much improved but wasn't subject to the same abuse TB was.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well a few things. The Defense looked good again. Even the best QB ever isn't going to get it done without proper protection. Mallet has earned the backup role. Demps is for real.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]It being the third game of preseason, I predict that the same bad plays as last year will be replicated.  Bad plays lower the opponents' expectations of your team, at least in theory.  Lots of teams have bad plays now.  It's the mode.
    1.  Tom Brady will toss a pass directly to a cornerback on an out pattern for a pick-six, just like last year's third game.  The difference this year is that the turkey will actually catch that ball. 
    2.  We need either Mallett or Hoyer to toss a second int just like last year.  I'd give Mallett the honors.  He's an established guy now. 
    2.  We need a running back to fumble the ball where it might possibly be picked up and returned for a touchdown, just like last year.  The other team fumbled that opportunity too.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I thought Tom Brady's performance in this game was satisfactory but a bit short of an Emmy nomination.  When he threw his first bad pass it practically clanged off of a defensive lineman's shoulder.  The guy didn't have to jump 10 feet in the air to bat the ball down.  An Emmy-winning performance would have had the ball bounce off the hapless guy's fingertips with full extension. 

Same acting problems as last year, third game.  I don't believe the performance.

This is what I expect of a 14-2 team.

Sections
Shortcuts