PATS VS PACK IS LIKE FEDERER VS DJOKOVIC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PATS VS PACK IS LIKE FEDERER VS DJOKOVIC?

just saw my boy federer choke away another loss in a major, and got me thinking to what has happened to the pats in their last 3 playoff appearances. all the high pedigree demeanor and constant flatline highs vs teams that simply bring more passion with their talents to the fore will not cut it in the playoffs. when things get tight, the denoument if you will, federer like the pats keep their cool and the same flatline intensity. against MOST opponents that is good enough to win, but increasingly against teams that are both focused and passioned like the giants were, the ravens in 09 and definitely the jets last year, its just not good enough. passion helps one find and stay at that next gear for just a second longer than your robotic dispassionate more privileged opponent. all things being close to equal, passioned execution of talent beats robotic execution of talent!

all that said, i like what the pats have done thus far and i see some tweaks in the belichick armor in this area. if ocho gets going with 8 catches and a 110 yards and 2 TDs in a victory and haynesworth is a beast with 3 sacks and a forced fumble or recovery, the personality of this team could change just like that for the better going forward. frankly, i would like to see those guys while producing become more of the public character of the team. albert is funny as heck in his interviews and very real and relatable, likewise with chad. tommy brady is the ultimate federer right now as aaron rodgers is the ultimate djokovic. watch the replay of this champion later on today if you get the chance from this match today, he so reminds me of mr. rodgers. 

the guy kept pumping himself even with a mostly hostile NY crowd all around him during key moments of his match as federer stayed stoic and never raised his game to match novak's intensity. he got some love in the last 3 games as the pro-federer crowd increasingly rallied to his passion over fed's dispassioned shtik. after the match, he did a dance and got everyone involved, turning the once-hostile crowd fully to his side in the process. for monday's finals, they will be there for him when things get intense simply due to his PASSION! 

we need to bring our talents and preparation to the fore per usual but winning the passion game is just as important as we go forward. Just bringing belichick and brady with our championship pedigree as with federer and his 16 grand slams is simply not good enough anymore, no one is intimidated. the more passion-talented have now won the present war of evolution! amen if albert and ocho can both play at a high enough level to help fix our PASSION-DEFICIT as well!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: PATS VS PACK IS LIKE FEDERER VS DJOKOVIC?

Difference is people give a rat's behind about football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

LOL @ CC

Pats, should be okay.  I'm not a fan of them, but they made some good pick ups during the off season.  I say no less than 10 wins....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LMF AO @ your threads. No serious person would actually read all that nonsense you wrote. So far this summer you have compared Lebron to Jordan , Brady to Loouuuuu and had Bard going to the HOF after the first 4 months LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I have no idea who Djokodjovovvidick is.  I have heard of Federer, and know he's a tennis player but I don't know much about his past or present accomplishments.

However, I'm sure that your comparison is wrong because everything you say is wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

as morons go, you INCREDIBLY stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

not exactly, the Patriots "choke" because they are the better team being beaten; Djokovic is the better player and therefore should win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PATS VS PACK IS LIKE FEDERER VS DJOKOVIC?:
    [QUOTE]not exactly, the Patriots "choke" because they are the better team being beaten;  Djokovic is the better player and therefore should win.
    Posted by Haxker[/QUOTE]great point.. but fed has lost to guys like tsonga and some mediocre guys as of late when he was the fave. he's still ranked third in the world. once u can step up ur passion, you can count on fed flatlining and you have a chance of upsetting him as his error rate starts going up dramatically in the midst of the stepped up intensity! djokovic on the other hand is NEVER outpassioned except perhaps to nadal who plays with a similar approach and game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

did anyone watch djoko take out the great nadal in straight sets for his 3rd major and 62-4 record for the year? the guy is a machine, very brady like but all the passion of the jets and the pack...again, for us its all about the majors of the playoffs. tommy and the pats had the federer-like precision needed to dominate the regular season.. let's see if we can build the passion to keep it up in playoffs. like the fact though that brady and welk overruled belichick on that 99y play. bel according to brady had slammed that play over and over when they tried running it on practice. as a matter of fact, bel banned them from running it in practice, so yest it took some guts and passion to go for it in that situtaion for there could have been some private floggings had it not worked out. hopefully, bb can loosen up a bit as the season moves on and let tb and esp welk be more of their spontaneous and real selves!

Sections
Shortcuts