Pats vs Phins - Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Re: Pats vs Phins - Game Thread

10 unanswered points - hmmm - not the best quarter for us !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs Phins - Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]THis isnt exactly New Orleans they're playing today! This D should be ashamed to wear the uniform!
    Posted by kbev87[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why they're wearing those throwback uniforms . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I wonder who was responsible for the decision to play soft (rush 3) and allow a 90 yard drive for points?  Is Pees or BB the ret@rd?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This falls on the defense for not being able to defend a 94 yard field.

No wonder Belichick went for it against the Colts.

This defense can't even stop Ted Ginn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I'm not typically negative, but Henne is 19/26 for 205 in the 1st half. MIA is doing the Pats a favor by running it--ever. This D cannot stop the pass. It's exactly the same problem as last year, albeit with different faces.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

My God, they just can't do anything right.

I tell you there is a fine edge to being a really good football team and being just average -- and the Pats have clearly fallen off that edge.

Yards Passing (1st half):  Brady - 196.  Chad Hennie (?) - 208.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]They shoulda/coulda done 100 things other then give it to a cold back who just came off the sideline! Give it to Maroney, sneak Brady throw a short screen to WW! Anything but that predictable trash! This team NEEDS A NEW OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE CO. THE D IS SWISS CHEESE FOR CHRIST SAKE! LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Posted by kbev87[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I scratched my head - going for it on 4th and one, yet Moss and Welker were on the sidelines - nothing screams "HEY WE'RE RUNNING THE BALL" like having your two best receivers on the sideline - oh well, least we held them to a FG - but I have a strange feeling that they'll take the lead right out of the half.  How about this - I think TB's only missed on pass, Maroney is running half decent, we're winning the time of possession, and we had a turnover - yet we're only up by four.  This D is absolutely killing us, particularly on third down.  We better be drafting on that side of the ball this off season, or it's gonna be just as ugly next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

This D is S-O-F-T, they get ZERO pressure on the QB and can't intimidate a flea.  THAT'S WHY THEY GO FOR IT ON 4th DOWN!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

The D is below average, the Offense is overrated, the coach is even more overrated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

BB always says that pressure on the QB is a combo of good coverage and good pressure on the QB.  What does it mean when you stink at both?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

"mighty" is that Willie McGinest in your profile pic? Those were the days hugh? Bend but dont break! Gr8 teams! Gr8 D's! This D is anything but! More like bend and then break.

Im a HUGE Pats fan too! Hate to see the D play so badly! I know the players accept maybe the DBacks are good enough. I dont understand why they play so badly? Its gotta be the D play calling , maybe lack of adjustments? Maybe not adjusting properly to what opposing Offenses adjust to? I don't knw? Really but it sure is frustrating as hell to watch!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder who was responsible for the decision to play soft (rush 3) and allow a 90 yard drive for points?  Is Pees or BB the ret@rd?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

You saw what happened when they blitzed on the prior drive, didn't you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]with 2 quarters left, why the heck would we not take 3 points... this 4th down divisions are just crazy... WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG... 
    Posted by smartacer[/QUOTE]

A Brady sneak would of worked.  I fault play calling, again.  Maybe spread the field a little? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

D is about players but more so about attitude - when was that Giants-Bills superbowl where the contain D was en vogue, wasn't that like 20 years ago now?  Hasn't the game evolved some since then?  I think this team has athletes but the scheme and the calls just aren't working, time for an overhaul.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]The D is below average, the Offense is overrated, the coach is even more overrated.
    Posted by Marcus1973[/QUOTE]

Yes the D is horrible. The offense is not overrated, They have all the parts. I would say the coaching hasnt been great. I havent noticed any games where after halftime significant adjustments were made for the positive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

[QUOTE]BB always says that pressure on the QB is a combo of good coverage and good pressure on the QB.  What does it mean when you stink at both?
    Posted by gmoney[/QUOTE]

I think it means that your team flat out stinks on defense!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

Redskins are beating New Orleans 17-10 at half

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

hmmm - what adjustments would you make at halftime?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

[QUOTE]F the Moss Haters
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Can you name ONE big game Moss has had when it counts?? Just name ONE.  This guy is a sulking joke when things get tough.  You can see it in his body language, and you all try to compare him to Rice, Irvin, etc, WR's that actually helped win championchips.  Want proof?

99 NFC Championchip game against Giants - Moss is dissappears.  98' NFC Championchip game against Falcons - Moss dissappears after balooning numbers in regular season.  2007 SB - Moss dissappears until late in 4th when he makes a 7 yd td reception.

Face it.  This guy doesn't have it when it counts.  He's great at running deep out routes, but how many of his QB's have EVER gone to him for a clutch 4th and 10? etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I think Belicheck deserves the criticism he is getting - the Patriots defensive scheme is poor and clearly not fooling anybody........yet do you see any big changes at all?

It gets tiring watching the Patriots get gashed by the pass week after week - they generate no pass rush at all, blitz rarely, and their cover guys are average at best - they simply have to try something different

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Got a bad feeling about this game. 2nd half seems like more times than not we don't show up. D is going to have to start stopping this Dolphin offense. Pats need to put up points. Tired of always seeing points left on the field by the Offense all season long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Redskins are beating New Orleans 17-10 at half
    Posted by kbev87[/QUOTE]

lol - they have been beaten by too many teams in the first half - come roaring back in the 2nd.. too many weopens

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEP6877. Show SEP6877's posts

I find it interesting that Pees gets no bad press really....I know that the Defensive players seem to be laying down, but come on!  BB should be ashamed that his best past rusher is Banta-Cain who was a cast-off a couple years ago.

I see a team getting into the playoffs at 10-6 and getting stomped in round 1...no doubt!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

What defense? Wow, this is really bad, the word hopeless comes to mind. Pat's defense is horrible, this team, with this defense does not belong in the NFL playoffs.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]hmmm - what adjustments would you make at halftime?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

If you have any please email to BB@patriots.com.   

Sections
Shortcuts