Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012

I hope not!!!!  I was planning on driving to St. Louis from Denver!

Pats vs. Rams in London in 12

Citing sources, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Rams will play a regular-season game in London in the 2012 season and that the game will be against an AFC foe. The Patriots, according to the report, are "believed" to be that team . 

The Patriots are scheduled to visit the Rams in 2012 -- they are one of two AFC teams to be hosted by St. Louis (the Jets are the other) -- so a game in London would be a Rams "home" game. That means Patriots fans would not lose a regular-season home game at Gillette Stadium. 

The Patriots played the Buccaneers in London during the 2009 season. 

A look at the Patriots' 2012 opponents: 

Home: 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, Colts, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Broncos 

Away: Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars, Jets, Rams, Seahawks, Titans, Ravens

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Pats vs. Rams in London in '12?

@#$%^&*()_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The National Football League announced today that the St. Louis Rams will face the New England Patriots in London, England’s Wembley Stadium this season. The game, which is part of the NFL’s International Series, will take place on Oct. 28 at Noon CST (6 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the contest. The Rams will serve as the home team for this year’s contest, and the team has reached an agreement to play a home game at Wembley Stadium in 2013 and 2014 as well.

OK, so the Rams have announced through their Facebook page that they'll play New England in England on Oct. 28. Got it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Pats vs. Rams in London in '12?

Rams announce this morning that they will play in London, as home team, in each of next 3 seasons. First opponent is Pats, Oct. 28, 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012

Will season ticket holders have tickets for this game?  I'm in the military serving in Italy for the next 4 years and I plan on going to this game!  Cool
    Anybody want to sell some tickets so my family and I can go?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Right around my B-Day. Maybe I should start dropping hints to all my friends and family and esp my GF that a vacation to London on my B-Day would be a nice present. Maybe a couple of tickets to the game would be nice too, lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012:
    [QUOTE]Will season ticket holders have tickets for this game?  I'm in the military serving in Italy for the next 4 years and I plan on going to this game!  Anybody want to sell some tickets so my family and I can go?
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

It is a home game for St. Louis so you would have to contact a Rams fan...  : (

They may sell special tickets.....Is there a ticket broker like in London?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kraft....(ESPN Boston)

“We are honored to be selected for this year’s game and eager to return,” Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in an NFL press release. “We had such a great experience during our last visit to London. We are proud to have great support from our fans when we are on the road. The United Kingdom is home to some of our most passionate Patriots fans, including the UKPatriots, who are among our most active fan clubs overall, not just overseas. We look forward to another memorable experience.”

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

As long as it's not in the regular season, I don't have much heartache with it.  Maybe I'll actually get to see a Pats game again!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Making these teams fly long hours to play a regular season game is just redonkulous. Certainly worse for the Rams than it is for us, but it's still just a waste of everyone's time. Those folks over there like soccer....what is so tough to understand about that?

I fully understand that is a $$ driven decision, but it just seems so wasteful. Like the NFL doesn't have a great following here in the US? What a joke!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Lame. Again. FInd someone else Goodell. Jesus. The guy can't wait to use NE twice in the last 4 seasons to showcase the Pats brand in Europe to sell the NFL over there, so he's got them back over there yet again. This should be a rotating thing just like members on the Competition Committee.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Rusty,

The Pats draw the biggest crowd over there (go figure given the revolution thing). Their ratings and excitement drop when bad teams are over there. I mean you already have the Rams going, they need a big draw from another team. I'm just happy that it's an away game for the Pats. It only adds an extra couple hours flight time for the Pats, but more importantly it's a longer trip for StL lol. Only the Pats could have an away game and the travel be more advantageous to them then the home team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Making these teams fly long hours to play a regular season game is just redonkulous. Certainly worse for the Rams than it is for us, but it's still just a waste of everyone's time. Those folks over there like soccer....what is so tough to understand about that? I fully understand that is a $$ driven decision, but it just seems so wasteful. Like the NFL doesn't have a great following here in the US? What a joke!!
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

Truthfully the flight time is no different then the Pats flying to Den and it's actually shorter then to fly out to Oak, SF, or SD so I don't see the issue from the Pats perspective. Now StL has a case to be upset

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hear you Rusty, but by far and away the favorite team over there is the Pats. My dad goes there every year for work and he says that in London they have NE sports bars set up all over the place. Kind of like parts of Cali actually. But, there aren't a lot of NY bars around London. NE sports are actually a big draw over there. Much more so then the Jets or Giants. It might be because of the winning or because a lot of the international companies and businesses in London are based out of NE but they are full of Pats fans, who many hate the Jets. Although a Giants/Pats game in London would do wonders over there. It's not a big imposition to the Pats considering they are only making 1 west coast trip this year (maybe they did that on purpose?) so why not. Heck they can play in London every year if it means we only have to make 1 west coast trip a year and it's considered an away game for all I'm concerned

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]Lame. Again. FInd someone else Goodell. Jesus. The guy can't wait to use NE twice in the last 4 seasons to showcase the Pats brand in Europe to sell the NFL over there, so he's got them back over there yet again. This should be a rotating thing just like members on the Competition Committee.

Calm down king. a.) its vs the rams so its basically like a preseason game and b.)they want to show off the best offense in the league. 

were not losing a home game so i love that the UK gets another chance to see the greatness that is the best QB of all time. Tom Brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012 : Believe me, I get it, bro. That's why I said use someone else.  GB, Pitt or Dallas can't draw? Giants? I mean, what's the issue here? Goodell moron thinks he can eventually get a buyer there or have the new Jax owner move a team to London. Then what? Team are going to commute through mulitple time zones?  The west coast and Midwest teams won't be playing the London team because it's too far. There's really no way to sell or expand the NFL into Europe.  I get it from a business standoint, absolutely. But, it's a pipedream on logistics alone. He's better off doing some things in Canada or maybe addding a team into Puerto Rico or something. Maybe Mexico later.  I don't think it's a lot to ask another team to go.  The Jets and their trendy team can go. 

I love it.  It means that I will be guaranteed of seeing a Patriot game on network TV in HD that I might not otherwise see except on my slingbox.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]I hear you Rusty, but by far and away the favorite team over there is the Pats. Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Could it be because they are the New ENGLAND Patriots?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012 : Rusty, The Pats draw the biggest crowd over there (go figure given the revolution thing). Their ratings and excitement drop when bad teams are over there. I mean you already have the Rams going, they need a big draw from another team. I'm just happy that it's an away game for the Pats. It only adds an extra couple hours flight time for the Pats, but more importantly it's a longer trip for StL lol. Only the Pats could have an away game and the travel be more advantageous to them then the home team
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Imagine the buzz when the Pats go over the big pond as the reigning SB champs???!!!  That would be unprecedented.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Here we go now, Goodell is one step from trying to get a Team to play their home games in London. Next will be the Super Bowl. Rams signed on for 2012,2013,2014.I thought this JACK@FF was all about the fans. I am certain I heard this during the lockout.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Rams in London October 28th, 2012 : I love it.  It means that I will be guaranteed of seeing a Patriot game on network TV in HD that I might not otherwise see except on my slingbox.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought last time they played in London but the Panthers (I live in NC) were on the same time on the same network so the London game wasn't on.  I was kind of pissed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Will season ticket holders have tickets for this game?  I'm in the military serving in Italy for the next 4 years and I plan on going to this game!  Anybody want to sell some tickets so my family and I can go?

I'm in Germany, I'd love to go too.

Anyone know where I can buy tickets?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

This is good news as this is a Rams home game and the Pats still have all thier home games at the Razor. Also the pats have a huge fan base in England so it will be like an extra home game!!!!!