Pats VS Ravens game 9/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-md. Show pats-fan-in-md's posts

Pats VS Ravens game 9/23

Hi Everybody, good times are coming! Looking forward to a great season.

I will be behind enemy lines for week 3's showdown with the much improved

Ravens. Great test for our all 3 phases of our game. Was wondering if any

body reading will be at the game? I will be in Section 139, Row 40, Seat 22.

Down near the end zone. Not sure which end of the stadium. 1st time I will

get to see Tom Terrific play live. Feels like I'm walking into the lions den. Hope

Ray Lewis leaves his guns and knives home that day!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Pats VS Ravens game 9/23

If you ever get a chance to read Alex Karras' Even Big Guys Cry he writes about going into Unitas era Colts games and Colts fans throwing everything, but the kitchen sink (bottles, rocks and a car battery). Enemy territory. Went to Bills/Pats game and kept my emotions and comments under wraps. Balt. could be a little worse than Buffalo. Just precautionary.....either way you won't get any free brauts by indicating your fan alligence. I could be wrong, but I generally temper my comments when on enemy turf.

'Course the story is different if you're in a luxury box with Kraft. No one will touch you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Wouldn't want to look past the Cards if I had any effect on the result tomorrow..luckily I don't and can look ahead.

Sounds like a lot of fun unless the Patriots don't do well. Remember the last game there..Pats were lucky to win. 

I am very interested to see this new no-huddle Ravens offense. Now that the Pats are much young and versitile on defense don't know how much it will hurt them to be against the no-huddle as far as a fatique issue or mismatches on 3rd down.

Now as far as the Ravens being really improved..that is still to be seen. They were quite good last year but even though they looked even better the first game this year I see them being slightly worse on the season due to the loss of Suggs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No huddle could pose problems, but its not like a belichick defense hasn`t beaten it before (Giants 91 Super Bowl). Will be a great test....let;s watch them beat the Cards in home opener first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Never been to a Ravens game but Ive been to Sox at Orioles games and the crowd is pretty even tempered ( though to be fair - it seemed like at least half those in attendance were Sox fans )

Also I was in a bar in Balt a few years back and watched the Ravens lose to the Colts in a playoff game & I felt like I showed as much / more emotion than the 100's of fellow patrons in the place - but then again I probably hated the Colts as much /more than they loved their Ravens.

( for what thats worth )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you ever get a chance to read Alex Karras' Even Big Guys Cry he writes about going into Unitas era Colts games and Colts fans throwing everything, but the kitchen sink (bottles, rocks and a car battery). Enemy territory. Went to Bills/Pats game and kept my emotions and comments under wraps. Balt. could be a little worse than Buffalo. Just precautionary.....either way you won't get any free brauts by indicating your fan alligence. I could be wrong, but I generally temper my comments when on enemy turf.

'Course the story is different if you're in a luxury box with Kraft. No one will touch you.

[/QUOTE]

" I generally temper my comments when on enemy turf."

good advice esp if you find yoruself at an oakland raider or l.a. dodger game

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

that should be another great game to watch. Seems like the Ravens do something really dumb in the last few minutes of the game to lose.....lol.

That being said, if they start lighting up the scoreboard offensively....the Patriots will have their hands full.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Realistically, this is the team you're going to have to beat in January, so it will be interesting to see what the Pats can or cannot do. Of course, it's very early and you can bet your boots and mittens that attrition will radically alter the rosters between now and then (it always does), but smacking your rival in the mouth at your earliest convenience is typically a good idea, if you can manage it.

Then again, it's generally not advisable to count your eggs before they get laid, but I'm having a little trouble gettting up for St. Louis . . .    errrrrrrr . . .  Arizona . . .    you know . . .   the Cardinals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pats-fan..   I am down here on Kent Island.  From the trash talking I am getting from my sons (both grew up in Maryland) and their friends, they are making this game out to be a "revenge" game. It is only game #3 in the regular season and it appears it will be a super bowl atmosphere coming from the Ravens' fans.  What is lost on many is the Pats D is better than last year and the offense will be more unpredictable, they'll run more, plus with Lloyd at WR, they can't pack the line like before.  The game will be a good barometer.  Add another fact.. if the Ravens lose to the Eagles today, that team will be out for bear!  

Sections
Shortcuts