PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

OMG!!!!! what a super nail bitter that was... good game for sure... terrel suggs is a cheap shot artist, what a low attempt by suggs to try and take brady out of the game...  funny thing was brady just side stepped the hit by suggs, but even still for suggs to do something like that ive lost respect for him, great player but that was a really cheap attempt by him to take out brady.. this is good now we dont have to hear from koolaid for a little while ,definitly a good thing.. great game glad the pats pulled it off.. NEVERMORE!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Huge win for the Pats! Three and One and now time to focus on Denver. Should be a interesting game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Hey Pats fans,

Congrats on a well fought battle. I can't say it was a well deserved, because the zebras felt they needed to be on the spotlight today. Both roughing the passer penalties on Ngata and Suggs were complete BULLSH*T and directly affected the outcome of the game. The fourth down "botched" trick play attempt was also a gift by the refs. That should have been ruled an offensive shift, which is legal, and the ball back to the Ravens on downs. That said, I think the Ravens had their chances; however it is hard to overcome 3 horrible Zebra calls on the road that all lead to scores. The NFL should be named PLB (Protect Brady League). Shameful!!!! Perhaps will face in the playoffs if the refs carry you there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That dropped pass wasn't luck at all. Not by a long shot. It was the dividends of safety play.

That player had his back turned, and took a peek before the ball got there. Meriweather controlled that game, end to end, with hard hits. He even showed up Sanders, who got burned, to break up a surefire completion in the second.

The story is the same. If you hit hard, all the time, you might not always get the fumble, but you will get in the WR's head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3166046. Show user_3166046's posts

Great win! Made me sweat. Flacco showed good poise-looked like a young Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

I have to admit that I thought the Pats would lose!  Now, I'm a believer. This is a good Pats team.  Theyr'e gonna be fun to watch this year. If they continue to improve and dont get hit with important injuries, they're gonna be a team to be dealt with come January!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat:
    who else was is screaming at their tv because they just don't get what exactly the Pats are trying to do?
    Posted by freediro

Guily as charged.  Horse from screaming, too many cigarettes, and now that we got the win, too many brewskis.   I'm grateful for the win, dodged a bullet if you ask me, but I'll take it.  That said, we need to take a long look at another punter - twice he couldn't get one inside the 20 yard line.  The term "coffin corner" is obviously a foreign to his ears.  BB's probably gonna' give him a little somethin-somethin (by the earful) that hopefully will spell this man's demise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

They got so freakin lucky....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Ahh . . .   yes.

The ever-popular "the refs were in your pocket" defense.

Very predictable.

Tell ya what, PK -- when your team (and particularly your coach) learn the meaning of the word "discipline," perhaps we may have occasion to discuss this further.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Hey Pats fans, Congrats on a well fought battle. I can't say it was a well deserved, because the zebras felt they needed to be on the spotlight today. Both roughing the passer penalties on Ngata and Suggs were complete BULLSH*T and directly affected the outcome of the game. The fourth down "botched" trick play attempt was also a gift by the refs. That should have been ruled an offensive shift, which is legal, and the ball back to the Ravens on downs. That said, I think the Ravens had their chances; however it is hard to overcome 3 horrible Zebra calls on the road that all lead to scores. The NFL should be named PLB (Protect Brady League). Shameful!!!! Perhaps will face in the playoffs if the refs carry you there.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

You started out OK, but then you went into your "blame the refs" rant and went straight back to beeothchville.

Well, of course you did because that has been your theme all week. Zero accountability. Did you stop to think that if you don't hit the QB in the head, then you don't get flagged? They flagged the Pats for that too, BTW.

And guess what, the Ravens STILL have NEVER beaten the Pats. Sucka Foo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Jets are down 10-0... lets hope NO keeps it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hey Pats fans, Congrats on a well fought battle. I can't say it was a well deserved, because the zebras felt they needed to be on the spotlight today. Both roughing the passer penalties on Ngata and Suggs were complete BULLSH*T and directly affected the outcome of the game. The fourth down "botched" trick play attempt was also a gift by the refs. That should have been ruled an offensive shift, which is legal, and the ball back to the Ravens on downs. That said, I think the Ravens had their chances; however it is hard to overcome 3 horrible Zebra calls on the road that all lead to scores. The NFL should be named PLB (Protect Brady League). Shameful!!!! Perhaps will face in the playoffs if the refs carry you there.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

I thought you were a fanboy at first. But now I see you are just a b!tch. A total whiny little b!tch. First, Suggs' play was a cheapshot. Expect a fine.

Second, that penalty was a procedural penalty. Like a false start, etc, it happens BEFORE the play, which means the play didn't happen. If the play DID happen NE had the first down.

Third, here is the bottom line. Your defense gave up 27 points. And NE's defense allowed 14. Aside from the Suggs play, the game wasn't that close.

How much you wanna bet next time they play, IF the Ravens have as cakewalk a schedule as they had the first three games, that Suggs won't get a 6 point fumble, and NE wins in a romp.

BTW, Baltimore has never beaten NE, so I wouldn't get your hopes up any time soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

OMG!!!!! what a super nail bitter that was... good game for sure... terrel suggs is a cheap shot artist, what a low attempt by suggs to try and take brady out of the game...  funny thing was brady just side stepped the hit by suggs, but even still for suggs to do something like that ive lost respect for him, great player but that was a really cheap attempt by him to take out brady.. this is good now we dont have to hear from koolaid for a little while ,definitly a good thing.. great game glad the pats pulled it off.. NEVERMORE!!!!
    Posted by R3S1N20

Stop being such a homer. If you look at it without your Tom Brady glasses on, he was stumbling while falling forward. He was tucked his hands in order to avoid hitting Brady. Suggs is not a dirty player. He plays hard, but he is not known for being a dirty player at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Posted by PurpleKoolaid

This was so predictable.  Classless fans always blame the refs.  Your team got beaten by a better team today.  You think that just because the Ravens can beat the dregs of the NFL, they can just come into Foxborough and beat a team that has been at the top of the NFL for eight years and is now reloading.  The Ravens are second tier until they show they can beat the Steelers, the Patriots, and the Colts.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That dropped pass wasn't luck at all. Not by a long shot. It was the dividends of safety play. That player had his back turned, and took a peek before the ball got there. Meriweather controlled that game, end to end, with hard hits. He even showed up Sanders, who got burned, to break up a surefire completion in the second. The story is the same. If you hit hard, all the time, you might not always get the fumble, but you will get in the WR's head.
    Posted by zbellino

For further proof of this axiom, please refer to highlights of Super Bowl XXXVI.

Meriweather was all over the place today, it was nice to see the defense step up and preserve a win when it looked for all the world as if the Pats were about to manage to p*ss this one away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : I thought you were a fanboy at first. But now I see you are just a b!tch. A total whiny little b!tch. First, Suggs' play was a cheapshot. Expect a fine. Second, that penalty was a procedural penalty. Like a false start, etc, it happens BEFORE the play, which means the play didn't happen. If the play DID happen NE had the first down. Third, here is the bottom line. Your defense gave up 27 points. And NE's defense allowed 14. Aside from the Suggs play, the game wasn't that close. How much you wanna bet next time they play, IF the Ravens have as cakewalk a schedule as they had the first three games, that Suggs won't get a 6 point fumble, and NE wins in a romp. BTW, Baltimore has never beaten NE, so I wouldn't get your hopes up any time soon.
    Posted by zbellino

Very big of you to start name calling. That's the beauty of the internet. Even worms like you have a chance to act tough behind the keyboard. The game wasn't close? If the Ravens score a touch down in the end, this will be a totally different conversation. The refs carried you all the way. I'll give your team credit that they capitolized on those zebra calls, but they were crucial nevertheless. This was a home game for NE, but if they keep playing like that on the road they will have issue. As witnessed by others in this blog, it was a close game that could have gone either way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Kool Aide-  It is time for your to go to the Cincinnati web site and do some of the same! 

I am sure you will be crying and whining again next week!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : You started out OK, but then you went into your "blame the refs" rant and went straight back to beeothchville. Well, of course you did because that has been your theme all week. Zero accountability. Did you stop to think that if you don't hit the QB in the head, then you don't get flagged? They flagged the Pats for that too, BTW. And guess what, the Ravens STILL have NEVER beaten the Pats. Sucka Foo.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Ngata did not hit him the head. He barily swiped him. How many Brady rules will the NFL come up with? It's shameful. Put a QB who can take a hit, like Joe Flacco or Ben Rothlisburger. Your QB is made of porcelain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : I thought you were a fanboy at first. But now I see you are just a b!tch. A total whiny little b!tch. First, Suggs' play was a cheapshot. Expect a fine. Second, that penalty was a procedural penalty. Like a false start, etc, it happens BEFORE the play, which means the play didn't happen. If the play DID happen NE had the first down. Third, here is the bottom line. Your defense gave up 27 points. And NE's defense allowed 14. Aside from the Suggs play, the game wasn't that close. How much you wanna bet next time they play, IF the Ravens have as cakewalk a schedule as they had the first three games, that Suggs won't get a 6 point fumble, and NE wins in a romp. BTW, Baltimore has never beaten NE, so I wouldn't get your hopes up any time soon.
    Posted by zbellino

A single man in motion is not a shift. 

Agree about Suggs, he will not be able to feed his family next weekend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Stop being such a homer.

This? From a guy who calls himself 'Purplekoolaid?'

And is in here now trying to defend a loss where his team was gashed for 27 points, and couldn't muster more than 14?

For real?

The refs?

You are kidding right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Koolaid you can just never ever give the patiots the full credit they deserve first off.. if i saw correctly with the first roughing the passer against ngata he hit him in the head... If i saw right, the zebras called the same exact penalty on mike wright when he hit flacco In the head.. On the second penalty it was a no brainer suggs obviously went for bradys knee's after he got rid of the ball.. If you call that having the zebras in your back pocket then you obviously dont know anything about refereeing... just stop it you have no valid arguement about anythiong your"Here comes the pain" ravens got beat by the pats no doubt about it..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Did you ever see a BB Defense just destroy opponents?  Remember the SB years of Pitt, Dallas inthe 70's, the '85 Bears, they woudl crush offenses. I have NEVER seen a Pats D just destroy an opponent. Even in Super Bowl years.  They always allow the other team to stayin the game.  Always.  As they are now.  Win or lose, they always allow another team to stay in the game.  I got sick of the BB is a genius D-man.
    Posted by jgc2

I think you're forgetting about his time as a D-Coord. for the Giants, under Parcells.  They did a number one year on the vaulted 49ner offense/Montana and they basically one two SB's with a defensive-oriented team. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Very big of you to start name calling. That's the beauty of the internet. Even worms like you have a chance to act tough behind the keyboard. The game wasn't close? If the Ravens score a touch down in the end, this will be a totally different conversation. The refs carried you all the way. I'll give your team credit that they capitolized on those zebra calls, but they were crucial nevertheless. This was a home game for NE, but if they keep playing like that on the road they will have issue. As witnessed by others in this blog, it was a close game that could have gone either way.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Well, no, it couldn't have gone either way because it is over. The Pats won.

Don't worry. At the end of the season, the NFL heads will get together to look at the close games and then hand out some awards to those teams. Don't look for it though because the awards are invisible and the meetings are very very secret.

It seems that you have fully glommed onto the beauty of the Internet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Stop being such a homer. If you look at it without your Tom Brady glasses on, he was stumbling while falling forward. He was tucked his hands in order to avoid hitting Brady. Suggs is not a dirty player. He plays hard, but he is not known for being a dirty player at all.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

What did you expect?  All week long you and other Ravens' "fans" have been talking smack.  And the best you can do is offer a sarcastic congratulations?

Please.  If you want to know why the Ravens lost, you only need look at the Pats' D.  Did you think your team would roll them today?  And for the record, the Pats also got called for a hit to the face and no one here whined about it. 

You had your chance.  Was it also the Pats' fault that your boy dropped the ball at the end? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Very big of you to start name calling. That's the beauty of the internet. Even worms like you have a chance to act tough behind the keyboard. The game wasn't close? If the Ravens score a touch down in the end, this will be a totally different conversation. The refs carried you all the way. I'll give your team credit that they capitolized on those zebra calls, but they were crucial nevertheless. This was a home game for NE, but if they keep playing like that on the road they will have issue. As witnessed by others in this blog, it was a close game that could have gone either way.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

First -- nice job dropping "worm" on Z -- he'll love that.

Secondly, it was a cloe game, and there were some questionable calls that hurt and benefited both sides, but I think the Ravens lost this game on the sidelines. Harbaugh does not have the cred in this league to be trying to steer the officials the way he was, and I am still scratching my head as to why he wasted two challenges on replays that were only questionable in the minds of -- well . . .   guys like you, PK. I liked the way the Pats controlled most of the action, but anyone who is dismissing the turnover for six as the only thing that kept the game close is deluding themselves. That was a stellar play by Suggs and an earned score. The Pats flashed some of their well-documented red zone problems and I would love for someone to explain to me how the best-coached team in the NFL (if you buy into the Belichick mystique -- and I do) has to call time out coming out of the two-minute warning. I don't remember ever having seen that before.

When all was said and done, Flacco impressed me. But the Ravens aren't ready, and the biggest reason is their coach.

Sections
Shortcuts