PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat:
    [QUOTE]I tell you, that Seymour trade is looking better and better with every Patriot defensive performance....and with every Raider loss.  They are the worst NFL team of the last 5-6 years and next year they will be starting from scratch -- again.  Easy top-5 pick.
    Posted by Jaxxon[/QUOTE]

Not so fast... I'd wait to see if Wright can hold up better against the run.  Today we dodged a bullet because Ray Rice was averaging 10yds/carry, but they only gave him the ball 7-8 times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

To all those that abandoned ship after the Jets game - WELCOME BACK!!!  Although based on the posts I read after that game, there were only a few of you...snicker snicker...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : If "sundry," and "vermiform," constitute jackassery, then count me a jacka$$. It is more a product of reading 17th century literature daily, and correcting a host of college lit papers weekly. But then I was hoping the gangsta style "b!tch" would balance that out.  
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Don't change, Z.

Don't you ever change.

Lord knows, if you didn't remind us how much smarter you are than all of we mere plebes, we might forget,

And then how would you feed your ego?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : You could answer my questions. Terrell Suggs took a dive at Brady's knee without being pushed two seconds after the ball was thrown.  That's not just the correct call, it's one of the dirtiest plays a player could make.  Just TRY to complain about that call as if it was wrong. Moss plowed Fabian Washington because Washington is almost purely a cover corner (weak).  Mason ran into Bodden the same way, but Bodden is 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, so Bodden didn't fall over.  Both receivers were called for the same thing (offensive pass interference).  Is it the call on Mason that you're complaining about?? Sure, the Ravens were called for a ticky tacky personal foul on Brady (hitting his helmet), BUT Flacco was also gifted a freebie when unecessary roughness was called just for sacking him and trying to strip the ball.  Is the unecessary roughness call on the sack of Flacco the call that you were complaining about before??? Or how about the illegal motion call on the Patriots field goal fake.  Illegal motion implies that the receiver wasn't eligible to move because he was set, but at no point before Baker started moving was anyone on the Patriots line set.  When Baker got to the far left sideline, he stood still for a second, then the ball was snapped.  Read the rulebook, then tell me, is THAT the call that upset you so much?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick he already explained the Roughing call on Flacco. It didn't affect the outcome of the game! 

See, the refs are getting very sneaky. Now, instead of just making calls against one team, they are making the same call at some point during the game on both teams. This way, no one can say that they are favoring one particular team.

But, here is the catch - they call the penalty against the team they want to win when they somehow know that the outcome won't be affected. The call for the team they want to win happens at a critical time. 

We've all apparently fallen for the third classic blunder - believing the refs are being fair. Thanks for "PurpleKoolaidDB" for opening our eyes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Just saw Marvin Lewis giving his "congratulations" to his locker room for getting out of Cleveland with a win... it was the opposite of inspiring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : So the refs said, "Let's call a roughing the passer penalty against the Patriots to make it look like we are being even handed, but we'll do it at a time when we know the Ravens won't be able to capitalize on it"?  I work in Maryland.  Am I going to have to listen to all this immature whining all week? 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

If you read my posts above, you will see that I gave your team credit for capitalizing on the zebras calls. I'm not taking that away from them. They were three questionable calls that lead to a field goal and two touchdowns for NE and one questionable call that went Ravens way at their own 40 yard line. That's the difference in the game. Again, the Ravens know that they should have been prepared for that. I don't need to tell you or them. Nevertheless, they had a chance to win, and they come up short. Overall a good game. Congrats to you and your team, as I said it earlier. Fans on both sides look at the game completely different. That's understandable. NE deserved the win, because they made the most of their opportunities when given to them, whether they came from the Ravens or the zebras. Does this sound likes someone making excuses? Also I know that posting on a NE fan blog will have many irritating bunch of lowlives that can't separate fanaticism from reasoning, but that's what makes this fun. I'm sure Maryland is not all too bad for you considering you're making a living there. Good luck to you and your team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

I would never ever abandon the pats if they loose they loose, i dont jump ship, the patriots never lose back to back games so im pretty confident after a lose that the pats will come back and come back stronger than the week b4... PATS FAN until i die.. to all those band wagoners shame on you..  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Are there any intelligent people I can exchange posts with, because you're a complete moron. Why don't you go and s|_|ck a golf ball through a garden hose, you peter puffer.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to "exchange" posts with a loser like yourself...go away with your tail between your legs !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Koolaid-

weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/10/
    have_to_play_better_to_beat_new_england.html

Ken Murray

2) Roughing the passer penalties on Haloti Ngata and Terrell Suggs. The Ravens should have no complaint with the penalties. They were valid by the rules: no hitting a quarterback's head, no hitting his knees. Ngata's left hand struck Tom Brady's helmet; whether through force or good acting, Brady went to the ground and had to adjust his helmet. Suggs hit Brady's knee on a pass in the second quarter and that's a no-no this year. Both penalties helped set up Patriots' touchdowns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : If you read my posts above, you will see that I gave your team credit for capitalizing on the zebras calls. I'm not taking that away from them. They were three questionable calls that lead to a field goal and two touchdowns for NE and one questionable call that went Ravens way at their own 40 yard line. That's the difference in the game. Again, the Ravens know that they should have been prepared for that. I don't need to tell you or them. Nevertheless, they had a chance to win, and they come up short. Overall a good game. Congrats to you and your team, as I said it earlier. Fans on both sides look at the game completely different. That's understandable. NE deserved the win, because they made the most of their opportunities when given to them, whether they came from the Ravens or the zebras. Does this sound likes someone making excuses? Also I know that posting on a NE fan blog will have many irritating bunch of lowlives that can't separate fanaticism from reasoning, but that's what makes this fun. I'm sure Maryland is not all too bad for you considering you're making a living there. Good luck to you and your team.

I always thought that somehow, stupid people knew deep down that they were stupid. You have disabused me of that notion. You are stupid all the way through. It strikes me sad that you are even trying to explain it and rationalize it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Are there any intelligent people I can exchange posts with, because you're a complete moron. Why don't you go and s|_|ck a golf ball through a garden hose, you peter puffer.

Sure, champ. One of my mantras is "only losers complain about the refs or whine about injuries." What's yours? The game was called relatively tight by the refs, but to pin the outcome on them is incredibly pathetic. Why don't you call Harbaugh and suggest that he doesn't launch an expletive-laden tirade at the refs on national TV? A penalty on the bench? Inexcusable, undisciplined and I am sure he can expect to be fined. Am I the only one who finds the bias calls incredibly ironic? Fans of 31 teams think the refs coddle the Pats and many Pats fans think the team is the target of a biased commish and officiating body. Truly hilarious. 

I like Flacco. He has a great arm and commendable poise. The Ravens clearly have ample talent, but when your coach takes on the undisciplined mentality of the players, well, you can expect an unfortunate outcome. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Where'd you go, PurpleKoolAid?  Was it Jim-Jones-the-Ravens-just-got-manhandled-Kool-Aid?

Make some more excuses for me.  I have some legitimate questions for you.

Terrell Suggs took a dive at Brady's knee without being pushed two seconds after the ball was thrown.  That's not just the correct call, it's one of the dirtiest plays a player could make.  Just TRY to complain about that call as if it was wrong.

Moss plowed Fabian Washington because Washington is almost purely a cover corner (weak).  Mason ran into Bodden the same way, but Bodden is 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, so Bodden didn't fall over.  Both receivers were called for the same thing (offensive pass interference).  Is it the call on Mason that you're complaining about??

Sure, the Ravens were called for a ticky tacky personal foul on Brady (hitting his helmet), BUT Flacco was also gifted a freebie when unecessary roughness was called just for sacking him and trying to strip the ball.  Is the unecessary roughness call on the sack of Flacco the call that you were complaining about before???  Remember: the call on the sack of Flacco didn't affect the outcome of the game because the Patriots defense stuffed them

Or how about the illegal motion call on the Patriots field goal fake.  Illegal motion implies that the receiver wasn't eligible to move because he was set, but at no point before Baker started moving was anyone on the Patriots line set.  When Baker got to the far left sideline, he stood still for a second, then the ball was snapped.  Read the rulebook, then tell me, is THAT the call that upset you so much?

I KNOW!  It's because the Ravens had a running back in Ray Rice who was averaging 10 yards per carry for most of the game, but they only handed him the ball 11 times.  He ran for 103 yards.  I bet the refs decided to pass the ball and let the Patriots beat up on Flacco instead of feeding Ray Rice the rock 20+ times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : If "sundry," and "vermiform," constitute jackassery, then count me a jacka$$. It is more a product of reading 17th century literature daily, and correcting a host of college lit papers weekly. But then I was hoping the gangsta style "b!tch" would balance that out.  

As deadly as a well-timed screen...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : If you read my posts above, you will see that I gave your team credit for capitalizing on the zebras calls. I'm not taking that away from them. They were three questionable calls that lead to a field goal and two touchdowns for NE and one questionable call that went Ravens way at their own 40 yard line. That's the difference in the game. Again, the Ravens know that they should have been prepared for that. I don't need to tell you or them. Nevertheless, they had a chance to win, and they come up short. Overall a good game. Congrats to you and your team, as I said it earlier. Fans on both sides look at the game completely different. That's understandable. NE deserved the win, because they made the most of their opportunities when given to them, whether they came from the Ravens or the zebras. Does this sound likes someone making excuses? Also I know that posting on a NE fan blog will have many irritating bunch of lowlives that can't separate fanaticism from reasoning, but that's what makes this fun. I'm sure Maryland is not all too bad for you considering you're making a living there. Good luck to you and your team.

And we are the ones who make excuses.You're a chump. Mike Wright got a roughing the passer call after his hand slipped off Flacco's shoulder and contacted his face and Moss got an offensive pass interference.We had our share of calls against us too.Don't even try to blame the Refs on this one fool.We beat your team's azz.Plain and simple.Now admit we are the better team and after 5 tries you still can't beat NE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey Koolaid....  explain how these calls affected the outcome of the game?  In the end, the Ravens O only scored 14 points on the Pats D and your D got the other 7.  That's TWENTY SEVEN points the Pats put on the board against the vaunted Ravens D, with 2 being rushing TDs, the first given up by the Ravens this year.  The game was cleanly played and I think everyone here will agree the two personal fouls called for roughing the QB in which the defender brushed the head were rather BS.  Suggs, that call is the intent of the rule not to go at or below the knees.  If you are so focused on the zebra calls and not how the game was played, leads me to believe all you were looking for is excuses when the Ravens lost. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

PurpleKoolAid has no excuses for me.  I'm not letting it go - you're just an idiot and a troll who can't come up with anything except excuses, so you instigate.

Meanwhile, there's a good chance that Baltimore will lose the division to Cincinatti, who's now tied with Baltimore for first place.  The Steelers are still much more talented, and Polamalu will be back by the time they play you in late October/early November

So let's hear it:

Terrell Suggs took a dive at Brady's knee without being pushed two seconds after the ball was thrown.  That's not just the correct call, it's one of the dirtiest plays a player could make.  Just TRY to complain about that call as if it was wrong.

Moss plowed Fabian Washington because Washington is almost purely a cover corner (weak).  Mason ran into Bodden the same way, but Bodden is 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier, so Bodden didn't fall over.  Both receivers were called for the same thing (offensive pass interference).  Is it the call on Mason that you're complaining about??

Sure, the Ravens were called for a ticky tacky personal foul on Brady (hitting his helmet), BUT Flacco was also gifted a freebie when unecessary roughness was called just for sacking him and trying to strip the ball.  Is the unecessary roughness call on the sack of Flacco the call that you were complaining about before???

Or how about the illegal motion call on the Patriots field goal fake.  Illegal motion implies that the receiver wasn't eligible to move because he was set, but at no point before Baker started moving was anyone on the Patriots line set.  When Baker got to the far left sideline, he stood still for a second, then the ball was snapped.  Read the rulebook, then tell me, is THAT the call that upset you so much?

I KNOW!  It's because the Ravens had a running back in Ray Rice who was averaging 10 yards per carry for most of the game, but they only handed him the ball 11 times.  He ran for 103 yards.  I bet the refs decided to pass the ball and let the Patriots beat up on Flacco instead of feeding Ray Rice the rock 20+ times.

And it's because the refs intimidated Mark Clayton into dropping the ball on fourth and four because he was wide open.  It wasn't the Patriots hitting everything in sight and Clayton hearing footsteps...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The refs did not cost your team a win.  Be a man and admit that the Patriots beat your team fair and square.  The Ravens have beaten the dregs of the NFL.  They are not coming into the house of one of the NFL's elite teams and getting the same results.  What should scare you is that the Patriots are only going to get better.  They are a team reloading with a lot of new talent on the defense.  Once the offense finds its way, they are going to leave the Ravens far behind. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]PurpleKoolAid has no excuses for me.  I'm not letting it go - you're just an idiot and a troll who can't come up with anything except excuses, so you instigate.

You can't let it go because you're jack@ss! Let it go moron. Let it go. Your team just won. Be happy about that. Let's agree to disagree. That's why we're fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : I watched the game on CBS and Simms who has played as a QB in the NFL who watched the replay several times, maintained that this could have been ruled a pass and legal shift on the offense. What I thought was also lame was the main zebra saying the receiver got the first down (but it came back because of penalty). This was also questioned by Simms. The receiver 's foot was out of bounce has he reached over the first down marker, which makes him down 1 yard shy of the first down. However, I don't think it mattered at that point. The Ravens needed to get a touchdown and they didn't.

My biggest beef: Ray Rice had 103 yards on ELEVEN CARRIES.  Feed him the rock!  My second biggest beef: Mark Clayton having both of the final two passes hit him in the hands.  At the end of the day, Jim Harbaugh and Mark Clayton have nobody to blame but themselves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : You can't let it go because you're jack@ss! Let it go moron. Let it go. Your team just won. Be happy about that. Let's agree to disagree. That's why we're fans.

Funny how you managed to ignore the rest of the post.

Sad, actually.  

You claim you wanted intelligent discourse.  I gave it to you.  Three times.  And on the third time, when I realized you weren't going to respond, you choose that one small passage along with admitting that the illegal motion call was wrong to which to respond.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : My biggest beef: Ray Rice had 103 yards on ELEVEN CARRIES.  Feed him the rock!  My second biggest beef: Mark Clayton having both of the final two passes hit him in the hands.  At the end of the day, Jim Harbaugh and Mark Clayton have nobody to blame but themselves.

Nice you know the name of the coach; it is John Harbaugh, you fool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Don't change, Z. Don't you ever change. Lord knows, if you didn't remind us how much smarter you are than all of we mere plebes, we might forget, And then how would you feed your ego?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Maybe by taking daily smug cheapshots at random posters for no reason like you do? I am sure that leaves you plenty fullfilled in the ego department. No?

;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Nice you know the name of the coach; it is John Harbaugh, you fool
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction.  It really contributed to my point, which was the fact that the runningback was running for 9+ yards per carry.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Maybe by taking daily smug cheapshots at random posters for no reason like you do? I am sure that leaves you plenty fullfilled in the ego department. No? ;-)

Smug?

ouch.

And there I was thinking that pointing out that you like to talk above people and continually remind us that you are and ed-u-kay-toor was merely me being observant.

Oh well.

Live and learn.

Okay -- that's over . . .

Now say something esoteric . . .

like . . .

I dunno . . .

"esoteric."

(or maybe just revisit the meaning of the word "smug.")

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : I already said that. The Ravens had their chances and they lost. They knew what to expect from the Zebras, they should have taken it into account and should have won the game anyway. They didn't, and that's OK too. Life goes on, you don't dwell on it. That's for us fans.

My mistake.  I undersold you, and I owe you for responding.

I saw your SpyGate thing, responded in kind, and was ignored.  When people mention SpyGate, they're usually just trying to start something and get passionate football fans like me riled up.

I still wouldn't blame the refs, and I already detailed why.  It fell on Harbaugh for not handing Rice the ball more often.  As a Patriots fan, I'll take the win, but the run defense needs work, as does the red zone defense.  I think Mark Clayton was intimidated by the sight of McGowan about to hit him at the end, and I don't think the refs or anybody except Mark Clayton had anything to do with that.