PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

I've been to N'awlins many times Z (although not since the drowning), took my honeymoon there many years ago, as a matter of fact, and have always found it to be a unique place among American cities.

It surprises me not at all that you call such a place home (even if it is only while you matriculate your phd).

I appreciate the latitude. One of the things I've learned about people over the years (especially about myself, and most particularly in anonymous forums -- oaky, fora -- like this one) is that you just never know where sense of humor ends and insensitivity begins.

This kind of thing is much more fun when the people who run their mouths all week come back in after the game to take their lumps after the Pats kick their @sses.

Well, in any case, slainte'!

We must endeavor to persevere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat:
    OMG Nick C if the pats have to come to crabtown for the playoffs, you get free tailgate and perhaps lapdance on the block for that apologist spin by the nfl.  you are the man/woman the nfl is looking for
    Posted by baltimoreon

Instigating, making excuses for their team, not able to come up with intelligent responses to intelligent posts...

Ladies & Gentlemen - YOUR BALTIMORE RAVENS FANS!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

OMG Nick C if the pats have to come to crabtown for the playoffs, you get free tailgate and perhaps lapdance on the block for that apologist spin by the nfl.  you are the man/woman the nfl is looking for
    Posted by baltimoreon

He is the apologist, and you are talking about how NE was lucky when they outscored them 27-14 less the TD fumble?

Ouch.

And for the life of me, I can't understand what Ravens fans think will be different about the game the next time they play? Baltimore has never beaten NE. Not in NE, not in Baltimore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Hey, who knows?

Maybe if they get another stiff like Miami in the wild card round, we might see this team again.

I sure hope so.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26point2. Show 26point2's posts

i'm long joe flacco and the ravens.
    the pats are great now, the ravens are going to be great for many years to come.
    flacco is the real deal. he picked apart the pats defense with ease.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Baltimoreon--- "Your team is aging"

Wrong!  Actually, the Patriots are getting younger!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chluke. Show chluke's posts

Your team is aging our o is emerging.  we will see you soon. classless as you  think we may be the town that should've spent it's money on a museum rather than a stadium (paul tags in awarding the franchise to jacksonville stadium half full 1998)   but this team won't forget this game and your team won't either.  ask your team who they don't want to see again? spin it for weeks on end, we are winning the rematch if you are lucky enough to have one.
    Posted by baltimoreon

I think I speak for everyone when I say, ummm, what?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Sore loser? Far from it. I told you I'd be here after the game and I'm here. I'm telling you how I saw it, don't expect you to agree with me. I also gave your team credit regardless. I'm not making excuses. I believe the Ravens should have been prepared for the poor game calling by the zebras. That's how it is when you play the Golden Boy of the NFL. Perhaps when Flacco gets to that point, he will get those calls as well.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

"I believe the Ravens should have been prepared for the poor game calling by the zebras."  Oh, and you're not a sore loser?  Points for coming back as you said you would, I just would have hope you came back with something substantial.  Here's the difference between us - you get beat, and the plethora of excuses flow.  Pats get beat (by Jets), and most on this board tipped their hats to the Jets playing a better game.  No zebras, no excuses, no conspiracy theories - we whined a bit that our team squandered red zone opportunities, then admitted that, on that particular day, the better team won.  See Purp - you can learn alot from Pats fans - keep hangin' around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

your a complete idiot baltimoreon.. first off ,how exactly do the ravens come away from this game knowing there the better team when there not ,good elite nfl teams dont have phyco head coaches on the sidelines. second good nfl teams dont commit boneheaded plays like your mighty ravens did and third good elite nfl teams dont drop 3 passes that were right on the money in crucial situations.. so explain to me how do they come out the better team.. you know nothing about football so just go back to being a person who thinks they knows something about football.. OK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

the ravens hurt themselves with penalties (with a lot of help from the refs) and then the dropped pass at the end of the game. the game would have been decided pretty much had mark clayton caught that pass. other than that, the defense gave up way too many plays, and the refs helped with their bullsh!t calls. roughing the passer on haloti ngata and terrell suggs almost made me spit up my beer. tom brady is a punk of a quarterback and i don't understand why he just doesn't play golf instead. i'm annoyed right now. i give it to the patriots for good defense for this game, and b-more's defense didn't step up, but the blatant bogus calls were what did me in. this will be a wake up call for bmore, because now they should know what's needed to beat a team that always has the refs in their back pocket. i hope they enjoy their free champagne or whatever the hell belichick promised them. they will get theirs in the end. just like with the superbowl, they didn't win, because they didn't deserve to win. they are cheaters and nothing anyone will say will change my mind.
    Posted by purplemusicmama

Ravens can beat the NFL dregs easily enough but they can't beat the elite teams.  Did the refs cost the Ravens all three games against the Steelers last year?  I never thought I would be siding with the Steelers and their fans, but Ravens fans are such whiners that I have to go with them.  I actually used to root for the Ravens (when the Patriots were not involved), but not any longer.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Baltimoreon "Your team is aging" Wrong!  Actually, the Patriots are getting younger!
    Posted by Rocky

Scary, isn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It surprises me not at all that you call such a place home (even if it is only while you matriculate your phd).

That is because I am a hard-drinking, hard-eating, (always chivalrous) woman loving, pseudo-intellectual.

In honesty, I love culture, and at the risk of drawing the evil-eye, it is hard to find in the States without going to wacky places. So much culture has been drummed out of us and at best replaced by cosmopolitan (cultural supermakets) culture like L.A. and New York, or worse elided entirely in favor of stripmalls and corporate anti-culture.

Neither of the latter two are my cup of tea, so for me it is small/medium cities like NOLA, Seattle, Boston, Austin, Frisco, where people get excited over a high-falutin bottle of wine, a film-festival, or music for the sake thereof.

Wait, Philadelphia's board of tourism just reminded me that among other things (the liberty bell and cheese-steaks) they 'gotta a lotta cultcha.'

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : At least we don't have a QB that is such a prima-donna that they have to make rules for, you f|_|cking @ss wipe, doucheb@g, sh1t for brains.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Man you are really taking this whole losing to the pats thing really tough huh? just by saying something like that is just an admission to how stupid your ravens played today koolaid..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Ravens can beat the NFL dregs easily enough but they can't beat the elite teams.  Did the refs cost the Ravens all three games against the Steelers last year?  I never thought I would be siding with the Steelers and their fans, but Ravens fans are such whiners that I have to go with them.  I actually used to root for the Ravens (when the Patriots were not involved), but not any longer.     
    Posted by newenglanderinexile

You will find no Ravens fans that will tell you that we lost three games vs Steelers because of the  officiating. NE has the zebras and the NFL in their back pocket. Isn't it true that there are at least 2-3 Brady rules resulting from injuries to your glass-made QB?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : At least we don't have a QB that is such a prima-donna that they have to make rules for, you f|_|cking @ss wipe, doucheb@g, sh1t for brains.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

You are becoming unhinged.  Maybe seventy-two straight hours of posting here has finally fried your brains, such as they were.

Maybe it's time for you to realize the Ravens are not a 19-0 team worthy of your fulltime attention and go get a job.

The NFL has decided that people who watch the games would rather see elite quarterbacks play instead of fourth stringers.  Professional football is the most popular sport in America.  Maybe it knows what it is doing in making the rules it does. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Man you are really taking this whole losing to the pats thing really tough huh? just by saying something like that is just an admission to how stupid your ravens played today koolaid..
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Just responding to fire with fire my friend. Keep it up. I've got time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : You are becoming unhinged.  Maybe seventy-two straight hours of posting here has finally fried your brains, such as they were. Maybe it's time for you to realize the Ravens are not a 19-0 team worthy of your fulltime attention and go get a job. The NFL has decided that people who watch the games would rather see elite quarterbacks play instead of fourth stringers.  Professional football is the most popular sport in America.  Maybe it knows what it is doing in making the rules it does. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile

LOL. I'm not going to order my 19-0 T-shirt just yet. Don't want to end up like you guys in 2007 wearing those 18-1s

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

lol... i know you probably have all the time in the world koolaid.. with nothing better to do than go on a PATRIOTS chat board and complain about how the referrees were giving all the calls to the patriots.. expecting to get some one to agree with you.. YEA i would say your a loser with no life.. thats pretty obvious wouldnt you say..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Just responding to fire with fire my friend. Keep it up. I've got time.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Purp:  "fire with fire?"  You're being called out for carrying on about the zebras and NFL conspiracies.  Nobody is saying we weren't fortunate that whatshisname hacked up a lung and dropped a ball right in his chest.  It happens - it's even happened to us over the past few years - and we get PO'd when it does.  What we don't do is whine about zebras, conspiracies, or anything else.  Oh, we dog our team when they lose as we expect to win - because we have so often for so long.  Your team will be there to the end, if they can just beat another quality team they'll be fine.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll see you in the playoffs.  Hopefully by then, you'll have put the zebra conspiracy behind you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSRVT. Show TSRVT's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Just responding to fire with fire my friend. Keep it up. I've got time.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Stupid play by the players, and pretty dumb challenges by the head coach.  The officiating was very fair.  If the Pats had the refs in their pocket, do you think they would have called the penalty on the fake field goal?

Purple, you and the so aptly-names baltimoreon need to get the heck off this board, go lick your wounds and hope your team improves a little.  They can only beat the dregs of the league, they fold like lawnchairs when confronted with a real team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

The even more funny part is he tries to make it ok by making fun of us for losing in the final game of our what should have been 19-0 season.. by making fun of the fact that his ravens lost today isnt that great .. so who exactly is the one fighting fire with fire here...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Suggs' cheap shot on Brady's knee unprovoked
    Wright's BS unnecessary roughness penalty
    Ray Lewis diving into Brady well after he slid
    that horrible call on the field goal fake for illegal motion
    The Ravens didn't hand the ball to Ray Rice more despite his 9.1 yards per carry (50 on one carry, 53 on the other 10 which still equals 5.3 ypc)
    The last three passes of the game hit Mark Clayton right in the hands
    Their coach was dumb enough to get called for unsportsmanlike conduct
    Joe Flacco was dumb enough to get called for delay of game

They have nobody to blame but themselves.