PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat

OMG this is amazing ppl koolaid hasnt posted on this forum in almost half and hour maybe he finally got the point we dont want his winey self loathing a55 here anymore. but knowing him once he see's this he'll probably make a post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsPunter. Show PatsPunter's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat:
    Taylor and Maroney....day and night!
    Posted by HOTBLITZ

Maroney is finished as a running back for the Patriots. He has absolutely no instincts behind the line of scrimmage. For the remainder of the season, I'd use him only as a slot receiver. If he catches the ball in the open, he's an elusive runner who can gain some serious yardage. But he's a joke lining up behind the quarterback

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : But, of course, when roughing was called on the Pats -- and an illegal motion penalty that was a perfectly legal shift -- those were good calls, Yes?
    Posted by prairiemike

Yes, I am sure her beer went down smoothly at that point. Smile

And for the last damn time:

Rule 7, Section 2, Article 6:

A single man in motion is not a shift, but if he is moving directly forward at the snap it is illegal motion.

The refs got that call exactly right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

relax,  we may get a shot at the patsys' again in foxboro as a result of this game.  don't think for a minute the ravens will forget this fix...er I mean game result.  Yes a win is a win, but the ravens left knowing they are the better team.  do you think the pats did?  god help you squirrels if you have to come to balto in the postseason.  god help you if we have to come to ne in the post season (just ask tenn )
    Posted by baltimoreon

Your name says it all. Baltimoron. 

The Ravens left making excuses for screwing up again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Nice you know the name of the coach; it is John Harbaugh, you fool
    Posted by provpats

And there's a really easy way to remember that:

Jim Harbough actually had talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chesterr. Show chesterr's posts

we shouldve won, refs gave brady 2 roughing penalties...of course we wont mention the one on flacco that kept a drive alive...i am ray lewis, 6-2 255 and i like to whine and make excuses, me and my buddy ed reed as well....ed said refs were slanted towards NE just like in 07 when our fat coach buddy ryan jr called a timeout before play started ( caught on tape) to save game for NE...and then the  o lineman moved early and play was blown dead, caught on tape again ( both legit calls) but i will ignore that and  eds moronic fumble in 07 that cost us 3..i am 0-5 vs NE over years but should be 5-0 of course...i love it when they hand to moroney, he just sprints towards sideline so no one will hit him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chesterr. Show chesterr's posts

i will start a poll...who are  we more worried about?  indy or the overrayted rayvens?...i say the colts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chesterr. Show chesterr's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : All THREE of the final three passes hit Clayton in the hands.  Regardless of whether he was intimidated or not, it was a poor showing by an inferior player.  I'm not talking s***, but I think it's time for you to admit that Clayton is subpar. Let's go penalty by penalty. 1Q, 13:20.  Encroachment, Tully Banta-Cain (NE).  Straight forward. 1Q, 11:59.  False Start, Jared Gaither (BAL).  Straight forward.  I hope you're not arguing these. 1Q, 10:12.  Encroachment, Adalius Thomas (NE).  Straight forward. 1Q, 07:28.  Delay of Game, Flacco (BAL).  Don't even try it.  No excuses for QB's to take delay of game penalties.  Besides, by your theory, this penalty didn't matter because Mason caught a touchdown immediately herafter. 1Q, 03:35.  Roughing the Passer, Haloti Ngata (BAL).  Yes, this was absurd to the casual fan.  Yes, even as a Patriots fan I didn't like it.  BUT the league has been consistent on this call for the past two years, if not more. 2Q, 15:00.  False Start, Dan Koppen (NE). 2Q, 7:11.  Intentional Grounding, Joe Flacco (BAL).  Yes, he was outside the pocket, but the ball never came close to the line of scrimmage.  This is his own fault - he threw it left handed.  This is besides the point, though, because the Ravens' o-line got beat bad today. 2Q, 5:16.  Roughing the Passer, Terrelle Suggs (BAL).  This was the dirtiest play of the day.  Suggs was NOT touched by a blocker.  He took three steps and then fell shoulder first right into Brady's knee.  You just don't fall into guys' knees.  Regardless, this was undoubtedly the correct call.  The ball was away for a good second and a half, and Suggs had three steps and two seconds to go elsewhere (somewhere other than Brady's knee).  I hope Suggs is fined to send a message, but I don't expect or want a suspension. 2Q, 2:49.  Unnecessary Roughness, Mike Wright (NE).  I had a HUGE beef with this one.  It wasn't the hitting the quarterback in the head thing (that's roughing).  It's beyond me how he got a penalty.  The only thing I saw that was even remotely unnecessary was trying to strip the ball.  The PATRIOTS have a right to be upset about this one.  NOT the Ravens. 3Q, 13:38.  Illegal Contact, C. Carr (BAL).  It was 3rd and 10, but there was no debate as to whether Welker was 5 yards downfield (he was running a 8-10 yard out), and no doubt whether Carr touched him (he pushed).  You may not LIKE THE RULE, but it's still the rule, and the call was correct.  By your theory, this call doesn't matter anyway - the Patriots ended up punting. 3Q, 13:33.  Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Baltimore bench.  Again, by your theory, this penalty had no effect on the outcome because the Pats ended up punting.  This was, though, undoubtedly stupid.  There's no excuse for a coach costing a team 15 yards - coaches should know how not to hurt their team's efforts. 3Q, 13:07.  Holding, Matt Light (NE).  No argument here, it was the right call because Light was beat. 3Q, 2:31.  Encroachment during the extra point kick. 3Q, 1:52.  Offensive pass interference, Derrick Mason (BAL).  Mason ran into Bodden.  If I were a Ravens fan, this would be the call to debate, because it was debatable. 4Q, 7:18.  Illegal motion, Chris Baker (NE).  I had a huge beef with this one because it was a beautifully drawn play that was executed correctly within the rules, and was penalized anyway.  By the way, the Ravens didn't challenge whether Baker got the first down - they challenged whether or not it was a catch.  This cost the Pats a red zone first down. Out of the 9 penalties called on the Ravens, only two were questionable (roughing the passer on Ngata and offensive pass interference on Mason).  The other 7 were boneheaded plays.  One was just outright dirty (Suggs taking a dive at Brady's knee unprovoked).  The Ravens overcame their one questionable call by scoring on the McGahee pass over the middle. Out of the 5 penalties called on the Patriots, one was questionable (unnecessary roughness on Mike Wright) and three were boneheaded.  One might have saved Brady from another strip-sack (Light's hold). 7 boneheaded penalties on the Ravens.  The Patriots scored twice after being flagged, showing that they could overcome penalties.  The refs had no effect.  The Ravens lost.
    Posted by NickC1188

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chesterr. Show chesterr's posts

i thought that was a cheap play by smuggs on brady...we got called for roughing in buffalo game twice on qb, one time when wilfork tackled above the knees...i like the new rule, they are calling it fair...harbaugh said on tv it was a BS call in 3rd qtr to ref, what did he expect?...wah, you cost your team 15 yards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanrg. Show patsfanrg's posts

Just read the Baltimore Sun on-line - here's an excerpt of more sour grapes from Mike Preston  - (not sure if anyone's checked this out or not).............. 

"Except for middle linebacker Ray Lewis, most of the Ravens didn't want to criticize the officiating, so I will. I've been covering the NFL since 1987, and no one will ever accuse me of being a Ravens' homer, but this was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Yes, the Ravens got hosed, to make it plain and simple. They didn't get any good spots on short yardage situations either on offense or defense.

I guess in the Boston and Foxborough areas, it's illegal to get within the same zip code of New England quarterback Tom Brady without drawing a roughing the quarterback penalty. It's even worse when Brady is gesturing to the official to throw the flag and then the official throws it, which draws laughter from Brady.

That really looks bad, or as Lewis says, "it's embarrassing to the league."

Lewis went off in the locker room for about five minutes after the game about the officiating.

The segment will be played repeatedly for the next couple of days, and the Ravens and Lewis will be blamed for having sour grapes. But that's not the case. Lewis will also be fined but I suggest the NFL review the tapes, and then start handing out fines to some of the officials for missed calls. It was a bad day for the NFL."

The Ravens blew it - and our defense looks better and better every week - on to Denver...Enough said.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, purpleK.. IF you come back.. answer this:

Not a single penalty awarded the Patriots a touchdown, plus, the Patriots were called for some penalties on their scoring drives themselves, so, why were the Ravens unable to stop the Pats from scoring subsequently in their drives while the Pats were able to overcome their penalties to score?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplemusicmama. Show purplemusicmama's posts

Just read the Baltimore Sun on-line - here's an excerpt of more sour grapes from Mike Preston  - (not sure if anyone's checked this out or not)..............  "Except for middle linebacker Ray Lewis, most of the Ravens didn't want to criticize the officiating, so I will. I've been covering the NFL since 1987, and no one will ever accuse me of being a Ravens' homer, but this was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Yes, the Ravens got hosed, to make it plain and simple. They didn't get any good spots on short yardage situations either on offense or defense. I guess in the Boston and Foxborough areas, it's illegal to get within the same zip code of New England quarterback Tom Brady without drawing a roughing the quarterback penalty. It's even worse when Brady is gesturing to the official to throw the flag and then the official throws it, which draws laughter from Brady. That really looks bad, or as Lewis says, "it's embarrassing to the league." Lewis went off in the locker room for about five minutes after the game about the officiating. The segment will be played repeatedly for the next couple of days, and the Ravens and Lewis will be blamed for having sour grapes. But that's not the case. Lewis will also be fined but I suggest the NFL review the tapes, and then start handing out fines to some of the officials for missed calls. It was a bad day for the NFL."  The Ravens blew it - and our defense looks better and better every week - on to Denver...Enough said.       
    Posted by patsfanrg

new england won't get far, because they won't have the same refs in every game. yes, mc blew it at the end, but unless you're blind AND looking the other way, how can you not see the bulls!t officiating? as i said before, tb should stick with golf if he doesn't want to get hit. what a baby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplemusicmama. Show purplemusicmama's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : But, of course, when roughing was called on the Pats -- and an illegal motion penalty that was a perfectly legal shift -- those were good calls, Yes?
    Posted by prairiemike

i didn't see those, but since they were called, yes, they were good calls, because the refs had to do some damage control. see rodney harrison's comment to tom brady. if he doesn't want to get hit, he doesn't need to play football. outch, he almost touched me!! puhleeze.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplemusicmama. Show purplemusicmama's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Ravens can beat the NFL dregs easily enough but they can't beat the elite teams.  Did the refs cost the Ravens all three games against the Steelers last year?  I never thought I would be siding with the Steelers and their fans, but Ravens fans are such whiners that I have to go with them.  I actually used to root for the Ravens (when the Patriots were not involved), but not any longer.     
    Posted by newenglanderinexile

i'm living in the present, and now it's already the past. a bad call is a bad call. how do you not talk about it? believe me, when someone knocks the cahonas off of tb, then all of you pat lovers will be on here to whine and scream about it. i'm not making excuses, i'm talking about what i saw. bad calls happen all the time, not just in this game. and when they're blatantly bad, it warrants discussion. you don't have to root for the ravens, they have plenty of fans. i didn't blame the refs when the ravens lost in the afc game, that was a hard fought slug fest. that was last season. i'm sure there will be more stupid calls to b!tch about. and they won't just happen when bmore plays. i hope next you'll see what i'm talking about when ur team plays the broncos. i'll be watching too, and i'll be happy to see all the bogus calls go their way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplemusicmama. Show purplemusicmama's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : You are becoming unhinged.  Maybe seventy-two straight hours of posting here has finally fried your brains, such as they were. Maybe it's time for you to realize the Ravens are not a 19-0 team worthy of your fulltime attention and go get a job. The NFL has decided that people who watch the games would rather see elite quarterbacks play instead of fourth stringers.  Professional football is the most popular sport in America.  Maybe it knows what it is doing in making the rules it does. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile

speaking of elite quarterbacks, "elite" does not mean "he who cannot be tackled". these elite qb's are paid millions of dollars TO GET HIT. tb, stop being a crybaby qb. did you see how fast he threw up his hands when he was barely touched by ngata? i thought he was going to cry. grow a pair, tom.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplemusicmama. Show purplemusicmama's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : Yeah,sure it was the refs fault.And whose fault was it was it when you lost 3 times in the same season to Pitt last year? Whose fault was it when we beat you the other 4 times? Whose fault was it in 2008 and 2007 when the Colts beat you for a combined 75 pts to 23?LMFAO.Yeah its always some excuse.The usual BS from chumps like you.For 4 days you were on our board saying how we were going to whine and make excuses for our loss.You've b!tched about spygate as a response to everything we posted and now,you blame the refs.Typical BS from a trailer park trash MF'r fan of a second level team.Your team just went from contender to pretender and that 1 in the loss column just came from NE.Come back when you can run with the big dogs.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

and when you lost to the jets, what did you become?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

We became 11-5 against the divisional opponent Jets since 2001.That's what we became,while you became 0-5 against NE all time.OUCH!!! Here's something REALLY funny.The last time your organisation beat NE was when you were in Cleveland,and guess who the coach was.Yup,your favorite,Bill Belichick.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Pmama, I give you credit for coming back after the loss. It tells me your way better than the rest of the trolls from Baltimore that were talking smack all week.
    The rule is the rule and the refs made it not TB. Don't even tell me you haven't seen Ray-Ray screaming at the refs for a call and got it a hundred times.
    This games a lot better with starting QB's in than sitting out for a year. 
    All week I called this as a breakout game for the Pats with a 38-21 final. They had their chances to put the Ravens away and didn't and that's what I'm sure they'll be working on this week. The Ravens are a good team but they won't have success until they can beat the true elite teams in the league.

If you run into Ravenmad tell him I was there and I didn't see Leonitas and his 10,000 keeping the rest of us in line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: PATS vs RAVENS - Game Chat : speaking of elite quarterbacks, "elite" does not mean "he who cannot be tackled". these elite qb's are paid millions of dollars TO GET HIT. tb, stop being a crybaby qb. did you see how fast he threw up his hands when he was barely touched by ngata? i thought he was going to cry. grow a pair, tom.
    Posted by purplemusicmama

So if Joe Flacco's knee is destroyed by an ILLEGAL hit and the Ravens' season goes down the drain, you'll just shrug and say, "My team needs to man up"? 

Oh, and by the way, Brady is a thousand times the man you'll ever be.  If you ever faced an NFL pass rush, you'd soil your drawers and scream for your momma. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoRoCo. Show MoRoCo's posts

I was not thrilled with with the officiating either, but I thought it stunk both ways.  If anything, I think the roughing call on Suggs was the most blatant of the afternoon.  He lunged at Brady's knees, no ifs, ands, or butts about it.  He was still on two feet when he passed his blocker so there is no question about intent.  As far as calling for the flag, only a moron wouldn't try to get those 15 yards.  Calling for a flag happens all the time in games, I would say that Brady was not doing everything he can to will if he did not. 
    The roughing call on Thomas was the least deserved.  Thomas' hand slipped off of Flacco's shoulder and brushed by the facemask.  I don't even think it moved the helmet at all and they call it a blow to the head?  Come on Ravens fans - give it a rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Donna-. Show Donna-'s posts

Bill, where was your pink?? Come on, show a little "Support" for a good cause.

Sections
Shortcuts