Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?

Did you  see the Saints last night? Phenomenal Brees., thomas, sproiles, colsten, graham.   very powerful offense and good defense

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?

In Response to Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?:
    [QUOTE]Didtyou see Saints last night? Phenomenal Brees. What's your guess at a score? OUCH!!!!!!!!! Go Pats
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing...

63-48 Saints, with Brees passing for over 500 yards. He will pick apart the Patriots secondary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Unfortunately I am not sure the Pats can beat them this year. The big difference is the pass rush, the Saints is far superior to the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately I am not sure the Pats can beat them this year. The big difference is the pass rush, the Saints is far superior to the Pats.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]
    NO ONE can beat the saints if they allow that OL to hold like they did on almost every play last night.  IF they take what the league has bestowed upon them we may as well cancel the rest of the playoffs and call them CHamps right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Saints are good but flawed like all the rest. Here's proof,

New Orleans Saints 21 at St. Louis Rams 31
    Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Orleans Saints 20 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 26
    Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm not saying it would be easy but they can be had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I don't think that they are unbeatable. Yeah last night they looked good but the Lions were playing good for the first 2 quarters, Bree's showed to me things that would make good tactics on beating him. I am still not a 100% sure that they will make it to the SB!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Wondering how the Rams beat them.  Hey.....let's ask the coach.  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

They're somewhat ordinary outside. Throw in the Green Bay cold, maybe a little snow, and no Super Bowl for them. Unless someone takes out Green Bay next week, I don't see them making it to Indy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Depends, if the refs help out NO like last night, the Patriots lose no matter what.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Patriots win easy, Brees will throw a couple interceptions. I can't see NO winning the turnover battle they are careless with the ball and NE, like GB and unlike DET will turn those into TD's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?:
    [QUOTE]Didtyou see Saints last night? Phenomenal Brees. What's your guess at a score? OUCH!!!!!!!!! Go Pats
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

I hope someone knocks them off before the SB becasue I think they will one of the toughest matchups in a dome. At Gillette PAts 35 - 28, in Indy / SB? Pats 42-28 due to 2 saint turnovers.

I wasn't thinking so much phenominal Brees as how many weapons the Saints have even without Moore.

That game was wideout heaven on both sides of the ball. The Patriots need one Justin Blackmon will do.

The Saints vulnerable part last night was taking care of the ball. The Lions should have had a TD on a fumble and two ints. As maligned as the PAts Defense is they would most likely held on to those ints AND the Patrioits tackling is MUCH better than the Lions. Really the Lions came 6 bad/non tackles from forcing the Saints to punt 3-4 times. On the other hand the bad throws were forced by the lions pressure...which the Pats would not do as well.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score? : NO ONE can beat the saints if they allow that OL to hold like they did on almost every play last night.  IF they take what the league has bestowed upon them we may as well cancel the rest of the playoffs and call them CHamps right now.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]
    Spot on! The NFL in their zeal to protect the QB, has perptuated a farce in rampant OL holding non-calls. D players are playing soft for fear of being called for PI, holding, helmet-to-helmet etc.....I counted 5 OL holding calls on Eli's desperation scamper v the Pat in the SB. Goodell needs to get tough on serial OL holding offenders.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?": [QUOTE]Unfortunately I am not sure the Pats can beat them this year. The big difference is the pass rush, the Saints is far superior to the Pats. Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE] I think it's not the pass rush that is the difference it is the pass protection that's Bree's has. He had all night to wait until his guys got open. Of course, the refs ignoring all the holding helped a lot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score? : NO ONE can beat the saints if they allow that OL to hold like they did on almost every play last night.  IF they take what the league has bestowed upon them we may as well cancel the rest of the playoffs and call them CHamps right now. Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE] Agree. They let the Giants hold and they beat the Pats on that miraculous helmet catch play

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Another thing that helped Bree's was his running game. The 3 backs all can run and got good yardage. The Pats have good backs but the running game isn't as good as what Brees has. The great running game last night allowed him to kill them on the pass. The Lions linebackers were confused on fake runs. He had all day to pick the safeties apart. Also, OL holding aside, his line gives him so much time. Brady always seems to be running for his life, or rushing his throws. Last week he had Ocho wide open down field and overthrew him. He was either rushed or made a poor pass. I didn't see that from Bree's. Don't they have 3 or 4 Pro Bowlers on the OL?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In response to "Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score? : NO ONE can beat the saints if they allow that OL to hold like they did on almost every play last night.  IF they take what the league has bestowed upon them we may as well cancel the rest of the playoffs and call them CHamps right now. Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE] Agree. They let the Giants hold and they beat the Pats on that miraculous helmet catch play

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately I am not sure the Pats can beat them this year. The big difference is the pass rush, the Saints is far superior to the Pats.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure the Saints will make it to the SB.  At some point, unless they get an unbelievable amount of breaks, they'll have to go on the road, probably in Green Bay.  Brees is having a terrific year by any measure, but how's he going to do outside the dome - I'm not saying he'll pull a Peyton, but if the weather gets crappy, he'll have some issues.  Also, a ground-control offense may give the Saints problems as well, look at their three losses - against teams that run better than pass.  Can't throw for 400-500 yards if you ain't on the field.  Are the Saints great?  Yessiree bob!  But they can be had outside of the superdome.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A lot of Chicken Little's out there!  How the hell are the Saints going to stop YAC man Hernandez, GRONK, Wes and Ridley on a NEUTRAL indoor surface???

Detroit had plenty of opportunity to end that game yesterday even with the bulls**t officiating.  They converted 2 turnovers into ZERO points and whiffed on 2 easy INT's that ended up leading to 14 Saint points.

The Patriots will smoke whoever comes out of the NFC.  Our Offence will destroy The GB or Saints Defense and if it's the 49'er we will expose and steam roll them.

God I hope I never end up in a Fox hole fighting a charging enemy with any of the gutless wonders on this board.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In that dome, they're a great team and nearly unbeatable.

Outside, not so much.

I think they'll beat SF because even "great" defenses are unable, under the current NFL rules, to completely stop or shutdown great offenses. The rules are simply too stacked in favor of the offense these days. And given the fact that SF's offense is ordinary (not terrible, just ordinary), keeping up with Brees and Co. will be very, very hard for them.

But put them outside, at Green Bay, in January?

Nope...that ain't happening. The Saints will lose in the NFC title game.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts