Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?

Detroit's Offence is as one dementional as it gets...Megatron.  The Saints are built to win in the Superdome and will not even make it to the Super Bowl.  You can bet on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

A good close football game is as much about the "momentum"
    or ebb and tide as much as anyhnting else.

What the zebras did last night was essentially take that factor outta the game
    with abssurd spots and blatant non-calls....

Not saying Brees wasn't brilliant either  because he was and then some.

Before any coronation though I'd like to see him at Lambeau in real January weather.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?:
    [QUOTE]SF's O is ordinary?  I think what you may mean is, not explosive, but quietly the kind of offense than slowly kill a GB or a NOs type of team. They'll milk the clock, play field position and contain NOs offense. SF's ball control style is the remedy in taking down what NOs does.  NOs can GB cannot stop that run. I am telling ya. Detroit literally has no RBs left, so it was very easy for NOs to gameplan.  SF has solid WRs, a very good TE and a good run game. Smith doesn't turn it over which is all SF needs next week. SF's stout D will make it tough on that NOs offense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Ordinary in the sense that they won't be able to keep up with the NO offense, IF the NO offense is clicking.

SF's offense is very, very efficient. In fact, it was the most efficient offense in the NFL by certain statistical metrics. They certainly can play the ball-control game as well as anyone.

The problem as I see it is that there really is no defense in the NFL today that can keep up with these rules-inspired offensive juggernauts over four full quarters. I mean, could the gameplan the Patriots had against the Rams in Super Bowl 36 work today? No, it couldn't, because thanks to Bill Polian, illegal contact flags would have been littering the Superdome floor all night long if that game were played in 2011.

SF certainly can beat NO next week, but I still think the Saints will get 24 to 30 points--that means Alex Smith and Co. will have to put up more than that.

Not sure they can do it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of Chicken Little's out there!  How the hell are the Saints going to stop YAC man Hernandez, GRONK, Wes and Ridley on a NEUTRAL indoor surface??? Detroit had plenty of opportunity to end that game yesterday even with the bulls**t officiating.  They converted 2 turnovers into ZERO points and whiffed on 2 easy INT's that ended up leading to 14 Saint points. The Patriots will smoke whoever comes out of the NFC.  Our Offence will destroy The GB or Saints Defense and if it's the 49'er we will expose and steam roll them. God I hope I never end up in a Fox hole fighting a charging enemy with any of the gutless wonders on this board.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....who will stop Colston? Henderson? Meachem? Ivory? Sproles? Graham?

Arguably, the Saints offensive talent is better than the Pat's offensive talent at nearly EVERY position. Saints WR's v Pat's? Not even close. Running backs? You're kidding me. Brees is every bit as good as Brady, if not better. Gronkowski? Maybe a slight nod over Graham, but that nod is very, very slight. And the game would be inside, where any weather issues would be mitigated.

Jump in your own foxhole with that one.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score?": [QUOTE]A lot of Chicken Little's out there!  How the hell are the Saints going to stop YAC man Hernandez, GRONK, Wes and Ridley on a NEUTRAL indoor surface??? Detroit had plenty of opportunity to end that game yesterday even with the bulls**t officiating.  They converted 2 turnovers into ZERO points and whiffed on 2 easy INT's that ended up leading to 14 Saint points. The Patriots will smoke whoever comes out of the NFC.  Our Offence will destroy The GB or Saints Defense and if it's the 49'er we will expose and steam roll them. God I hope I never end up in a Fox hole fighting a charging enemy with any of the gutless wonders on this board. Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE] Yeah, I can't believe people are saying the Pats couldn't beat the Saints. Just another unstoppable dome team like the greatest show on turf and the the Colts. What's the Saints record in the playoffs outside of their Dome? 0-4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats vs. Saints SB, What's the Score? : Hmmmm....who will stop Colston? Henderson? Meachem? Ivory? Sproles? Graham? Arguably, the Saints offensive talent is better than the Pat's offensive talent at nearly EVERY position. Saints WR's v Pat's? Not even close. Running backs? You're kidding me. Brees is every bit as good as Brady, if not better. Gronkowski? Maybe a slight nod over Graham, but that nod is very, very slight. And the game would be inside, where any weather issues would be mitigated. Jump in your own foxhole with that one.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Were you even alive back in 2001?  If I remember THEY and THEIRbelievers didn't think anyone could possible beat the greatest show on turf....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]They actually run the ball, unlike us. And Det doesn't have a good Run D.  NOs is in trouble. No way they get that kind of officiating in back to back weeks because it will be too obvious.  SF is waiting for them, outdoors, with a good run D, good pash rush, and they can run the ball with Gore, Hunter, etc. If Detroit had a run game, we're looking at a closer game. That simple, assuming the refs don't step over themselves to hand NOs the game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You are right, they won't get that type of officiating because the NFL knows it credibility is slipping when the same team gets the benifit over and over but they still will hedge towards their favorites in economic potential.

Detroit has maxed out in economic terms in NFL ticket and merchandise spending regardless of whether the team went any farther so did not expect them to get good calls.

N.O. has already revived their interest and spending due to the recent success of their team. There is a slight benefit of wining another superbowl to transistion bandwagon fans to more loyal fans, enough to give it call over Detroit but not SF.

SF probably still has many loyal fans from the 90's success but has a new generation the NFL wants on board. Think there is some money there so they will get the path to the NFC title game paved well, it is theirs to lose.

I am guessing SF will actually get a few holding calls on NO OL and a little more leway with spots than Detroit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from odDboB. Show odDboB's posts

Very tough call, many similarities in the teams...I'm gonna say NE because I feel that the good guys will actually be underdogs and that will pump them up.

In order to win, the Pats will need to create at least 3 turnovers. And score or come close to scoring on one. And have a monster day RUNNING and passing. If the can get a good lead in the 3rd quarter, run it more to keep Brees off the field. And great days by Ben, Danny and Stephen will take some heat off Tom.

I know the Pats D seems schiz in its performance, but I like that they are young and hungry. And they DO make big plays when they need to. They are unorthodox---but not on the field so much that they are often fresh in the 4th.
    It will also help if they hit extra hard and often. Ring the Brees bell and pop Sprowles real good every time they can.  

And something tells me Tom wants this one extra bad.  

Pats 23-20

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SysRq. Show SysRq's posts

I don't believe either team will make the Superbowl but if they did (with same palyers as now) the Saints would roll.  Two very good offenses...but that's where the competition ends.  That Pats defense is simply too poor to give the ball to Brady often enough to hang with NO.  Would guess something like 48-20 Saints.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe either team will make the Superbowl but if they did (with same palyers as now) the Saints would roll.  Two very good offenses...but that's where the competition ends.  That Pats defense is simply too poor to give the ball to Brady often enough to hang with NO.  Would guess something like 48-20 Saints.
    Posted by SysRq[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input troll, now go away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would love to play them in Gilette. I think in that scenario, Brady makes Brees look like a little boy in daddy's shoes, especially in winter.

One thing I learned last night....Megatron is the best WR in football right now. He reminds me of Randy Moss in 2007. Too bad they probably wouldn't give him up for a 4th round pick ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah, why are we writing in the Saints for a Super Bowl berth? There are a number of quality teams in the NFC. I'm going to be very interested to see how the 49ers do, and the Giants/Falcons playing now also bring the D. This playoffs will be an interesting gut check on how much the offensive rules will negate the traditional need for a more balanced D, and to what extent it truly is a quarterback's league now. Gonna be interesting...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

2-0. Nink gets the safety on Chris Ivory in the endzone 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

well even if it is a GB/Pats game I am sticking with Pats to knock off GB. These stupid tv analyst all thinking GB is it. well I am sick of all their down comments about Tom and NE.

I so bad want NE to beat GB (if they play) and shove it down ESPNs throat.

GO NE

Brady on fire and moreso now with Josh back.

Sections
Shortcuts