Pats waive Flecther!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Pats waive Flecther!!!!

This is bad.  No way he makes it thru waviers.  The Giants will take him for sure because of the TE we took from them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!!

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!!:
    Good thing you added 3 exclamation points for this predictable move by BB.  Good god. Our fans are so lame here. This team is loaded.  The key is to field the best team for 2012, not cater to back ups. Everyone likes Fletcher, but they also very capable reserves they like such as Carpenter and Tarpinian.    Hopefully, he does clear, but it;s not the end of the world and worthy of 3 exclamation points. He would have counted on the roster and spots are at a premium. 
    Posted by CliffordWasHere

First off dont say "our" fans.  I am a fan of the Pats, not you.  You have nothing to do with the Pats.

The team is loaded then you name Carpernter and Tarpinian.  One is a guy that can't stick on a team and the other is a career backup.  I wouldnt be to happy with either of them in for too long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's done for the season and they needed to put him on waivers before he can make it to the IR. I don't think any team will take him considering he tore his ACL, he's just a back up ILB, and we are already into preseason. 

The Giants big mistake is Ballard has starting cpability and they tried to sneak him through before preseason even started with rosters not completely full. Don't forget Ballard has to count against the 90man roster and I'm not sure but he might have to be on the 53man on day 1 before he can be moved to IR (don't quote me on that though because I'm not completely sure of the IR rules with the new CBA)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think he will be safe.  Timing is everything, while all teams are worrying about cutting down to the 53 man roster, nobody is going to look to add a BU LB with a torn ACL.

BB knows the risks here and I think he is comfortable with this move.  Time to roll the dice!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I think he will be safe.  Timing is everything, while all teams are worrying about cutting down to the 53 man roster, nobody is going to look to add a BU LB with a torn ACL. BB knows the risks here and I think he is comfortable with this move.  Time to roll the dice!!!
    Posted by TFB12

Agree but I think he would be a starter on alot of other teams not just a backup.  Is a guy you think can be a starter for you next year worth a spot this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

He's done for the season and they needed to put him on waivers before he can make it to the IR. I don't think any team will take him considering he tore his ACL, he's just a back up ILB, and we are already into preseason.  The Giants big mistake is Ballard has starting cpability and they tried to sneak him through before preseason even started with rosters not completely full. Don't forget Ballard has to count against the 90man roster and I'm not sure but he might have to be on the 53man on day 1 before he can be moved to IR (don't quote me on that though because I'm not completely sure of the IR rules with the new CBA)
    Posted by PatsEng

I think they have to be counted on the 90 man roster but after the 75 man roster cut, they can be IR'd and not count against the 53.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good thing you added 3 exclamation points for this predictable move by BB.  Good god. Our fans are so lame here. This team is loaded.  The key is to field the best team for 2012, not cater to back ups. Everyone likes Fletcher, but they also very capable reserves they like such as Carpenter and Tarpinian.    Hopefully, he does clear, but it;s not the end of the world and worthy of 3 exclamation points. He would have counted on the roster and spots are at a premium. 

What are you, the punctuation police now as well as the spelling and grammar police?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jets---Is the wildcat O going to be the next step leading to a Jets SB win?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Let me get this right.  They grab a 4th TE from the Giants to put on IR for the year, but dump one of their own that gets hurt during a patsie game?  Stay classy Foxboro!
    Posted by JetMangione

They didnt dump him.  As other posters have said you have to put the guy on waivers before you can but him on IR for the year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : They didnt dump him.  As other posters have said you have to put the guy on waivers before you can but him on IR for the year.
    Posted by Patsman3

Idiots don't understand this so don't bother trying to explain it to some jets fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets---Is the wildcat O going to be the next step leading to a Jets SB win?
    Posted by Rocky

LOL!! Rexxy resorting to this just shows his desperation in trying to make something work there.  What a joke!  Sanchez as well as Tebow both looked like jokes in their first preseason game, their O line looked horrible and they have no receivers or RB's.  Man, it would really suck being a jets fan. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tebow had 90 yards against one team last year. 
    Posted by JetMangione

Wow!!!

Hahahaha!  What a joke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : Maybe.  It's obviously effective and used in the right proportion will give some teams fits with the D's built for the extensive use of the spread offenses.  Tebow had 90 yards against one team last year. 
    Posted by JetMangione

Glad to hear that you think that the Jets will win the SB, because Tebow had a good game against the Patriots.......Wait!  What will happen with Sanchez when they play the Patriots twice?

In denial about the defensive improvements the Patriots have had since last season?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : Would you say that he's "resorting" more this year or in 2009 & 2010 when they ran the WC more than any NFL team.The absolute truth is, if Tebow was on the patsies, you would all be screaming like little school girls watching Justin Bieber and predicting how he would lead the NFL in rushing. BB loves versatile players. I'm shocked that McD didn't beg him enough to give up a second rounder for him. 
    Posted by JetMangione

I didn't watch the whole thing but the couple of times I did see Tebow, he was running the wrong way.
    Also, don't make me bring out my broom.  You know the Pats swept tebow and sanchez last year, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : Of course not.  I see the last ranked patsie D easily jumping up to a top 10 D.  I absolutely believe that McCourty, regressing in a huge way in his second year, to be all world this year.  I predict that BB's 2nd round pick that was not even expected to be drafted, to have a year as good as any rookie ever has while Rasi transforms himself from a player that has been hurt every year he's played football, including his NFL rookie year, to start 16 games and be a force to be reckoned with. Finally, I see no problem with a couple of rookies replacing the 20 sacks that are missing from Carter and Anderson. Just like teams going from bottom of the league to tops, 10 sack rookies happen all the time. Next.
    Posted by JetMangione

Glad you have such confidence in the Patriots D!   Finally decided you are tired of rooting for such a dissapointing franchise?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : Would you say that he's "resorting" more this year or in 2009 & 2010 when they ran the WC more than any NFL team.The absolute truth is, if Tebow was on the patsies, you would all be screaming like little school girls watching Justin Bieber and predicting how he would lead the NFL in rushing. BB loves versatile players. I'm shocked that McD didn't beg him enough to give up a second rounder for him. 
    Posted by JetMangione

Fact is Tebow beat the jets last year, hahaha nice defense!  Tebow couldn't beat the Patriots, Hahahahaha!  Hows our Defense!!

I like Tebow but it's silly to do what the Jets are doing.  Just admit that Sanchez sucks and put Tebow as the starting QB and run an offense around him like John Fox and the Bronco's did last year.  This whole Wild Cat, use Tebow as punt protector, blah, blah, blah is all a joke.  The Jets are the laughing stock of the NFL.  Turn on sports center, turn on NFL network, look at the football sites on the interents, they are all making fun of your team!!!  The Jets are a j-o-k-e-!

Rex has gone backwards, he is getting worse instead of getting better.  He isn't head coach capable, he is a definsive guy, let him stick to one aspect of the game not try and run a whole team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think he will be safe.  Timing is everything, while all teams are worrying about cutting down to the 53 man roster, nobody is going to look to add a BU LB with a torn ACL. BB knows the risks here and I think he is comfortable with this move.  Time to roll the dice!!!
    Posted by TFB12

it had been reported that if they waited till the 75 man cutdown, he would not have to clear waivers before being ired. therefore seems a surprising move

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Unless they have a pressing need to free the roster spot because of the three games in quick succession

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : it had been reported that if they waited till the 75 man cutdown, he would not have to clear waivers before being ired. therefore seems a surprising move
    Posted by bredbru

True and I'm a bit surprised by this - not shocked - just a tad bit surprised. I guess they think he's probably not going to get picked up, but man how do you feel if you're Fletcher right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : True and I'm a bit surprised by this - not shocked - just a tad bit surprised. I guess they think he's probably not going to get picked up, but man how do you feel if you're Fletcher right now.
    Posted by mthurl

thought of that too. could be sh@tting bricks. if claimed he could be heartbroken.

would love to see in th eknow analysis on why, since he he couldve been ired after the 75 man cutdown

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Pats waive Flecther!!!! : As a starter, yes. Carpenter was a bust pick. But as a back up with experience, he's a good depth move, obviously. You wouldn't know about depth, though. You would know about busts, however. lmao

i think the term bust is all relative.  A player can be considered a bust for one team meaning he was selected for a system which doesnt suit to his strengths and thus doesn't perform well.  In another system that same player can flourish.  see maybin, tate, welker, carter, anderson....

Sections
Shortcuts