PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday

pats got their mojo back. everthing is deep secret, media pulling out the genius tag, creativity is roaming again, all the players on board in withholding exclusive information... i just read where the media was asking around about the name of the defense pats were playing on sunday. no one would reveal it. belichick suggested some one do a poll or something so the fans can come up with something. we are fans, so y not US.... adelius came up with organized chaos, walking around, and so forth. but those are more descriptive than an actual football name like the 46 defense. i am leaning towards 11 hell raiser, terror 11, confu-sius, or NONE DMC (for none d-line, management, or coordination), and org-y party. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday

"Patriot Militia" defense...marching around like the minutemen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday

Jokers Wild

joker being the position where a player roves around a defense so they don't know which gap he's shooting, namely in pass rushing situations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Don't think it's a great name, but during the game I kept thinking beehive.  A bunch of bees just hovering around the nest until you disturb it.  Maybe I just need to get out more...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogi3333. Show yogi3333's posts

I think it's been aptly named by their opponents as the 'W T F defense'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The game was not shown in Atlanta, not many are so I watch red zone (savior for Pats fan away from NE).
    When I first saw that D it reminded me of Willie TB RH MV and how they did some dancing around on the line specially against Indy.  Manning was confused, didn't know what was happening and Pats won during SB years. 
    Without a good pass rush and all those injuries in the d line BB does it again.
    I think he has been watching his players most new players on D and has been in his lab creating a playoff D.  we just saw a sample of it, I can't wait to see how these guys play against teams in the playoff. 
    Burgess and banta will be the difference in the playoff.

GO PATS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

the eleven horseman of the apocalypse

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How about savior of the inconsistant offense...

Or Bill O'Briens saving grace...

We've run this D since Bill arrived in 94 and we're just now getting around to naming it..? 

We've been running a 2/4/5 defense on 60% or more of the snaps this season and that has been more of change than season's past rather than the no down linemen 3rd down pass rush which we've always run. 

This is the first time this season where our D has progressed to the point of pushing opposing offenses into 3rd and long and not giving up easy first downs... we should be thankful for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Patriot Plunderers - they come from all angles!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The "why the hell haven't we been doing this all season" defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

They used to use this several years ago....unveiled it against Buffalo in Buffalo a number of years back and I haven't seen it since.  Back then they used 2 down linemen and 4-5 LB/DB milling around in a similar fashion. 

I guess it's too gimicky to use all the time. I'm no expert, so I wonder if there are any football guru/coaches out there that can explain as to why this can't be used on a conisitent basis....Anyone????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I can hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikman right now;

"The Patriots are set in their Militia Defense and it's confusing Peyton Manning and the Colt offense. Just like the original Minutemen they look somewhat unorganized and don't form a skirmish line very well but when the ball is snapped they come out fighting."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

THAT'S IT SAM!
           THE SKIRMISH LINE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Nice, teamwork's alive and well here at BDC.

I like it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday:
    I think it's been aptly named by their opponents as the 'W T F defense'.
    Posted by yogi3333

I stopped reading when I got to this one.

This is obviously the correct answer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday:
    I can hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikman right now; "The Patriots are set in their Militia Defense and it's confusing Peyton Manning and the Colt offense. Just like the original Minutemen they look somewhat unorganized and don't form a skirmish line very well but when the ball is snapped they come out fighting."
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I'm more concerned about what Phil Simms and Jim Nantz will say!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

RECKLESS ABANDON !

Hopefully the KEEP up the CREATIVITY! Offense & Defense!  Need it for 60 minutes ! Coaching & Players need to be Focused and KICK IT !!

GO PATS GO PATS!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxinBoston. Show SoxinBoston's posts

The "why the hell haven't we been doing this all season" defense.
    Posted by shenanigan

Because they haven't been playing against an offensive line composed mostly of players signed off the street that week.  If that defense works against someone good, I'll believe it...until then, I am pretty confident they would have got to the Bills QB with any type of defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

In Response to Re: PATS want you to name the no D-line walking around 3RD down defense from sunday : I'm more concerned about what Phil Simms and Jim Nantz will say!
    Posted by apdynasty23
    no one else like PARTY ORGYY? as in, it looks like the pats defense are planning on an orgyy on peyton manning! imagine simms saying that with a straight face?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

They used to use this several years ago....unveiled it against Buffalo in Buffalo a number of years back and I haven't seen it since.  Back then they used 2 down linemen and 4-5 LB/DB milling around in a similar fashion.  I guess it's too gimicky to use all the time. I'm no expert, so I wonder if there are any football guru/coaches out there that can explain as to why this can't be used on a conisitent basis....Anyone????
    Posted by schwank
    adelius thomas of all people said it best "we on defense found it so confusing, we just assumed that it would even more confusing with those on offense". its something best used when the other team has no preparation for it. kind of like a fake FG or the bel variation of the WILDCAT. ah... call it the defensive wildcat!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

The NICKEL and DIME DEFENCE

5 LB & 6 DB's

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

just read that romeo in cleveland called it the UFO defense, so i reckon that its the same thing as in new england. someone in the article suggested RADAR defense. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

In reality it is a dime defense no? I mean 6 DBs on the field means dime to me. So I don't really care about the name. It is a 0-5-6 Dime. Just a variation of a 4-1-6 Dime or a 3-2-6 Dime. I know my answer is kind of lame, but why not call it what it is and that is a 56 Dime.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I like smokinjoe's "nickel and dime" defense. 

Ofcourse if they come out with this defense next week and get walked all over than we might have to call it the "crappy fancy pants defense."

Sections
Shortcuts