Pats wide receivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Pats wide receivers

According to NESN, the Pats did bring in 3 wide receivers to try out.  That is the good new at least.  Tom Brady just need the guys who have a good hands in the short yardage to move the chain. 1st down!!

Go Pats!.

Pats 20 Bucs 16

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Pats wide receivers

Still probably more about keeping their emergency lists up to date, with Amendola out, they are one injury away from needing somebody able to step in...Slater will also miss some games and he would be an emergency option at WR. Unless I am miscounting they have 4 WRs healthy right now, Edelman and the three rooks. Pretty thin, so it would not be a huge surpirse to see them sign someone, just don't expect someone to step right into the starting lineup, more of a depth signing. Not sure who the 3 guys they brought in were? There are guys out there with knowledge of the system, Branch, Gaffney, Jankins, and Stallworth are all available at my last check, I would assume they would turn to one of these guys if they needed somebody able to step in a start a few games. But barring another injury, I think they stick with the guys they have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I also wonder if this might be one of BB's ways of motivating his rookie receivers.  While I totally support the idea that they all need to be given time to adjust to the NFL, I don't think it hurts to remind them that there are plenty of other players out there who could be brought in to take their places, if they don't get their acts together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

They should bring in a RB who can pick up 1 yard when we absolutely need it as opposed to having one who averages it on 1st down (just made that stat up not really sure what Ridley is averaging on first down when he's not fumbling).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Or OLmen who can actually block to open up running lanes

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

No wonder why Bustchise has never gotten laid.  Not only can't he get one home into mommy's basement without mommy getting upset, finding "it" will be more difficult than stumbling over the Holy Grail.

LMFAO!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

No wonder why Bustchise has never gotten laid.  Not only can't he get one home into mommy's basement without mommy getting upset, finding "it" will be more difficult than stumbling over the Holy Grail.

It explains alot, doesn't it?...LMFAO!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is the week for these receivers.  No excuses for first game jitters.  No excuses for rain.

Maybe they put on a show.

Boy, that would be great.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This is the week for these receivers.  No excuses for first game jitters.  No excuses for rain.

I think there is rain in the forcast Sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

They should bring in a RB who can pick up 1 yard when we absolutely need it as opposed to having one who averages it on 1st down (just made that stat up not really sure what Ridley is averaging on first down when he's not fumbling).

Here you go. Ridley's stats in 2012. Clearly a bum. Wink

BY DOWN

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

DOWN = 1 OVERALL 162 670 4.1 30 7

DOWN = 2 OVERALL 105 496 4.7 41 3

DOWN = 3 OVERALL 22 96 4.4 17 1

DOWN = 4 OVERALL 1 1 1 1 1

First down plays with 10 yards to go 142 647 4.6 30 0            

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

Here you go. Ridley's stats in 2012. Clearly a bum. Wink 

BY DOWN

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

DOWN = 1 OVERALL 162 670 4.1 30 7

DOWN = 2 OVERALL 105 496 4.7 41 3

DOWN = 3 OVERALL 22 96 4.4 17 1

DOWN = 4 OVERALL 1 1 1 1 1

First down plays with 10 yards to go 142 647 4.6 30 0            

I think most Pats fans would agree that with the possible exception of ball security, Ridley is a pretty good back.  If he can learn to secure the football he appears to have the potential to be more than pretty good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll be interested to see what the rookie wideouts can/will do when the Pats can get both Gronk and Amendola on the field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think the improvement will be marginal rather than an explosion, Thompkins was better in his 2nd start than his first, he'll be even better in his third.  Dobson if he has any professional pride at all will be embarrassed by all the missed opportunities last game (he could have walked away with 3 TDs and over 150 yards) and will be much improved.  

I may be wrong, I'd prefer they totally blow us all away with an dramatic passing attack as well and they very well might, but even if they show marked progress I will be satisfied.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think the improvement will be marginal rather than an explosion, Thompkins was better in his 2nd start than his first, he'll be even better in his third.  Dobson if he has any professional pride at all will be embarrassed by all the missed opportunities last game (he could have walked away with 3 TDs and over 150 yards) and will be much improved.  

I may be wrong, I'd prefer they totally blow us all away with an dramatic passing attack as well and they very well might, but even if they show marked progress I will be satisfied.

I agree. I thought the first 9 games would be a learning experience for these guys and now it's magnified with Amendola going down - I think they'll be fine, but it's going to take time. Honestly I've been imprssed that they're getting open - catching the ball is something that can be corrected - but having the actual physical abilty to get open against NFL corners is something that is very encouraging. I'm not saying receivers can't learn the nuisances of getting open, but that takes years of practice (if you're lucky) if you don't have the physical skill...these guys at least have the skill.

I think a guy like Thompkins does need to add some strength though, and when he does he will be even better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Getting a yard when the defense expects you to be running for that yard  is as much (or more) on the offensive line as it is on the RB.

The first yard is (typically) the amount of space the OL gains when they fire off the line. If they are losing that battle, it is hard for the RB to climb a giant pile of defenders and OL and clear the yardage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't expect a big game, but I think it will be better than week two and also week one. They kind of took a step back in week 2.

I look for them to make less mistakes. 

At the end of the day, they are getting open (even if it's on the wrong route or they are dropping their pass afterward). 

That is one step better than Jackson, Bethel, and Price (who couldn't even get on the field) and host of other WRs NE's brought in. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'll be interested to see what the rookie wideouts can/will do when the Pats can get both Gronk and Amendola on the field. 

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Chance of rain ending as the afternoon wears on.  I suspect that the groundskeepers will keep the field dry under a tarp tonight so that quick receivers will have an advantage on the turf tomorrow.  Tom Brady is a famous quarterback with quick guys that get open, and Tampa Bay's QB is famous for his really low QB rating. 

I expect to see at least 20% fewer mistakes from the rookies compared to the first two games, maybe better because the rooks were plumb stupid.  Also, Suds should be back.  With Gronk, I can't tell.  I expect better passing, which is good.

Sections
Shortcuts