PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?

sorry fellow pats fans but there will be no ring this year. even if we somehow get to the SB, i can think of 3 NFC teams that can have their way with us. we just have too many holes and question marks. b it with health or recovery to health, a total lack of impact superstars outside of brady, moss, welker and mayo (when healthy),and so on. i do like our defense. the defense is solid but not great or special. they consistently put no pressure on anyone. most QBs can pick u apart with that much time. we have a very small window for error. we are clearly a team in transition. hopefully, the experience guyton is getting right now as the leader will will make the D even better when mayo is ready and a seau comes in later. 

i also like the fact edelman is now poised to be the third receiver (in the slot) going forward. would be awesome watching him in there with welker and moss, or galloway as the fourth guy out wide.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?

Ravens as of now look like the better team than the pats. if all things stay equal and we meet them in baltimore in the afc finals, we will LOSE! ravens are now the class and standard of the afc! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to Re: PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?:
    Ravens as of now look like a better team than the pats. if all things stay equal and we meet them in baltimore in the afc finals, we will LOSE! ravens are now the class of the afc!
    Posted by bubbakilla

No love for the team leading the AFC East and is responsible for smacking down the Patriots this weekend?  Let's not get crazy about the Ravens.  The class of the AFC North is still the Steelers who by the way beat the Ravens 3 times with Rex Ryan as the defensive coordinator last year.  The Steelers might have lost to the Bears but they don't have nearly the problems the Patriots have.  I see the Steelers/Ravens or Steelers/Jets playing for all the marbles in January. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Ravens?  Was that a typo?  I'm not worried about the Pats under normal circumstances.  I am a bit worried about how the Pats measure up when faced with a very good defense.  There are few of those teams around, but one looks like its in our division.  We are also apt to meet some of those teams in the playoffs or SB.  We can win all we want against regular teams, but unless we find an answer to the good defenses we will not bring home the Lombardi.  

This is not a knee jerk reaction to the Jets game.  We've had a tough time against the better defenses since the Eagles game of 2007.  It's not a coincidence that the team that came the closest to beating us in the regular season of 2007 was the Ravens; the same type of defense the Jets now have.  As I've said on other threads, few teams have the defensive talent to control our offense.  The problem is that you probably have to go through one or more of those teams to get the Lombardi.  We will adjust, and we will have a good shot at the Lombardi.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

In Response to Re: PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?:
    Unless we find an answer to the good defenses we will not bring home the Lombardi.   This is not a knee jerk reaction to the Jets game.  We've had a tough time against the better defenses since the Eagles game of 2007.  It's not a coincidence that the team that came the closest to beating us in the regular season of 2007 was the Ravens; the same type of defense the Jets now have.  As I've said on other threads, few teams have the defensive talent to control our offense. The problem is that you probably have to go through one or more of those teams to get the Lombardi.  We will adjust, and we will have a good shot at the Lombardi.
    Posted by carawaydj

Amazing!! Look at Carawaydj talking like a spoilt rotten fan! This is EXACTLY what happens when you get used to blowing teams out! Are you serious? This is the NFL for crying out loud!! What the Pats did 2 years ago, is UNREAL!! You seriously cannot expect them to put on the same show every year!

Hey, there's a reason a good defese is CALLED a good defense - THEY'RE TOUGH TO PLAY AGAINST!! Saying "they've had a tough time with good defense", makes u look foolish and whiny! Of course, they'll have a tough time to play against a good defense!! A good defense would have to seriously BLOW IT for the Pats to have an "easy time" beating them! duh!!

The bottom line is you have put up more points than the team that has a good defense (typically those teams are defensive teams and hang their hats on holding the opponents to very little points so their pissed-poor offense can win it with a field-goal - that's generally their approach, ya know?)

What is it with all this negativity? If Mayo was in the game, we stop AT LEAST ONE of those field goals (remember the play where LEON W drags #59 for 8 yards to convert a 2rd & 8??). If Brady converts even ONE of those red zone posessions (like that throw that whizzed by within 6 inches of Eleman's hand at the goal line), we WIN the damm game!!! CUMMON GUYS!!

Seriously, stop reading more into it than their is, sure the Jets are an elite defense but if you as a PATRIOTS fan start thinking the Pats aren't good enough to beat them in a re-match, you're just a TOOOOTAL bandwagoner!! Pats will be back - that's something all you "they have a tough time with good defense" analysts can count on! hurrrumph!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR? : Amazing!! Look at Carawaydj talking like a spoilt rotten fan! 
    Posted by dash4pats

Are you for real dude?  Have you read my post history?  I'm hardly a spoiled fan.  I'll be the first to tell you that 2007 was an anomaly.  Is there something ominous about saying we need to find an answer to the dominant D's in order to take home the Lombardi?  Isn't that kind of a given?  There are a few teams with pretty good D's that we are likely going to have to go through to get to the Lombardi.  Those defenses have given us fits.  I don't believe I said anywhere that we will get beat the second time around.

Calling me a bandwagon fan for mentioning anything critical whatsoever I find ridiculous.  I haven't given up on the team in the least.  I've been a fan through the lean years, and the good years.  I guess it's your right to define bandwagon fan however you want though.  I find being a thoughtless cheerleader jumping up and down yelling "GO PATS!" without an ounce of concern or critical thought fairly ridiculous too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ragingsea. Show ragingsea's posts

"PATS WILL BE FINE BUT IS IT LOGICAL TO STILL EXPECT A RING THIS YEAR?"

No.  Their glory days are behind them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Ravens?  Was that a typo?  I'm not worried about the Pats under normal circumstances.  I am a bit worried about how the Pats measure up when faced with a very good defense.  There are few of those teams around, but one looks like its in our division.  We are also apt to meet some of those teams in the playoffs or SB.  We can win all we want against regular teams, but unless we find an answer to the good defenses we will not bring home the Lombardi.   This is not a knee jerk reaction to the Jets game.  We've had a tough time against the better defenses since the Eagles game of 2007.  It's not a coincidence that the team that came the closest to beating us in the regular season of 2007 was the Ravens; the same type of defense the Jets now have.  As I've said on other threads, few teams have the defensive talent to control our offense.  The problem is that you probably have to go through one or more of those teams to get the Lombardi.  We will adjust, and we will have a good shot at the Lombardi.
    Posted by carawaydj

it is a 16 game season however and belichick's teams have been known to get better in the winter months as the season grinds down. who knows, in the future we may and should be much better. as of now, RAVENS are the best and the standard. we must be objective even as we keep hope alive as fans! our division is tough. miami should win tonite. but again, by the end of it all, miami should be toast as will the colts. the jets will be there and will make the playoffs. buffalo will b a close third. all 4 teams play emphasize great defense and mistake free offense with good special teams. pats still have the best upside potential. but again its POTENTIAL... 

Sections
Shortcuts