Pats will load up for 2014...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ultpatfan. Show ultpatfan's posts

Pats will load up for 2014...

The pressures on the management to produce a giantic comeback after this weird and wacky season.  Out of all the sports teams I follow, the Patriots have to be the biggest enigma of them all.  They are good every year, get close every year...even get to the big game...but...for ten years they haven't been able to win it all again.  I believe we'll see some big makeovers in the offseason in areas of the team/coaching that need it.  Brady's window is closing but it is NOT closed as yet:

Build on the likes of Edelman, Vereen, Hightower, Collins, Logan R, Gronkowski, Mayo, Wilfork et all.  There's a huge upside to this team - just needs some tinkering.  They'll be there again next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Pats will load up for 2014...

Give Brady some help and get some help in the secondary. A lineman that can actually create pressure wouldnt hurt either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yes.  I fully expect BB to Trade back a few times and compile a bunch of future picks, he'll whiff on, while passing on a few future All Pro players to draft some midget DB no one ever heard of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IMHO, the difference is the Pats have lacked a "big play" player on the D side of the ball for years and have relied on Brady too much to make big plays on offense. 

Granted, in SBs 42 and 46, the big plays were essentially made by no name receivers and as I can recollect, no one on the D side of the ball made the "big play" to win a game.  ( I consider the throws by Eli Manning to be heave and pray considering the coverage on the receivers who made the plays to catch the ball versus Manning putting the ball in a perfect spot.  SB46 comes close though)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

As long as Brady is taking up so much cap space, the Pats will be hampered from signing top players.  BB is doing a fantastic job, but in the era of FA he can only do so much with an overpaid QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes.  I fully expect BB to Trade back a few times and compile a bunch of future picks, he'll whiff on, while passing on a few future All Pro players to draft some midget DB no one ever heard of.

[/QUOTE]

Nonesense.  While he was  keeping them on top for more than a decade he didn't get this team in cap difficulty. Now that he's got a few years of Bardy, and probably himself, it's time to open the purse strings.  He's not a dope like Ryan.  He won't moprtgage the future but they will spend more for the short-term. 

Manning has a far greater cap hit than Brady. They have the room. They will retain the good and bring in the parts similar to 2007.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Is JJ Watt a FA? Because if he is that's who they should target! Bring in a Dennis Pitta or Eric Decker and try and build a pass catching team again, please no Emannuel Sanders types. go for the gusto, sign real players. Bring back Edelman, Blount, and Talib. In the draft find a DB who stands at least 6'2" inches tall and can run like the wind, Pryor might do! If you can't sign a reliable pass catching FA TE, draft one of the WR/TE hybrids and getting to chucking it...We expect a lot from our team but we should. TB12 is one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think they will make significant moves - and I am thankful that BB is so furious about Welker; because that should drive him to want to crush everyone in the NFL again - like 2007

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Injuries were the problem, not the roster itself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poirierca. Show poirierca's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they will make significant moves - and I am thankful that BB is so furious about Welker; because that should drive him to want to crush everyone in the NFL again - like 2007

[/QUOTE]

Well stated

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, I want to reload.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Lets hope. We need a defense like the ones from 2001-2005. A defense that keep a lead and ice the game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Too bad the Patriots are tight up against the cap...will be tough to "load up" with limited cap space.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Is JJ Watt a FA? Because if he is that's who they should target! Bring in a Dennis Pitta or Eric Decker and try and build a pass catching team again, please no Emannuel Sanders types. go for the gusto, sign real players. Bring back Edelman, Blount, and Talib. In the draft find a DB who stands at least 6'2" inches tall and can run like the wind, Pryor might do! If you can't sign a reliable pass catching FA TE, draft one of the WR/TE hybrids and getting to chucking it...We expect a lot from our team but we should. TB12 is one of the greatest QB's ever to play the game.

That's great, but he hasn't strung together two good games in the postseason, back to back, since 2004. It's the truth.  You need 3 good or great games in a row from your QB in the postseason to win a SB. It's just a fact unless you get help from the refs a la Roethlisberger in 2005 and come up with a Passer Rating of 43 and somehow win.

I've said this before, and it would have happened again with a healthier D, but we're really waiting on Brady. No one else. No more preferred shotgun spread gameplans to start games, no more indecisions, no more missing wide open WRs over and over and acting like it doesn't matter.

This team is loaded with young talent at the base and just needs s few tweaks here or there.

And, health for once.  

Why does the greatest coach and GM of all time (as you've said hundreds of times)continue to hang onto this guy? You've been bashing Brady's play since the 2007 Super Bowl yet BB continues to put his trust in him.

And from what I'm reading in your post, you're presuming Brady devises the offensive game plan against the coaches wishes. That my friend is some really convoluted thinking!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It looks like we don't really have a lot of cap room to go shopping with.  About 6mil?  So a lot of this is going to have to come from the draft.  A lot of holes to fill in one year.  Spikes is probably gone.  Especially after the performance of Collins.  Talib can probably be resigned on the cheap.  Edelman may be gone as well.  Get the youngsters out there.  

Next is to list what you think the needs are for the team for the next season.  What?  TE,DT,S and depth for the OL?  What can the Pats get in FA with so little cash.  How do you think the draft will go for the Pats?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's great, but he hasn't strung together two good games in the postseason, back to back, since 2004. It's the truth.  You need 3 good or great games in a row from your QB in the postseason to win a SB. It's just a fact unless you get help from the refs a la Roethlisberger in 2005 and come up with a Passer Rating of 43 and somehow win.

I've said this before, and it would have happened again with a healthier D, but we're really waiting on Brady. No one else. No more preferred shotgun spread gameplans to start games, no more indecisions, no more missing wide open WRs over and over and acting like it doesn't matter.

This team is loaded with young talent at the base and just needs s few tweaks here or there.

And, health for once.  

[/QUOTE]

Do you consider a 94 QB rating good?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Imo, we do not, repeat do not have many holes to fill and this team is already loaded next year. This is a young football team on the whole, made up across the board with top draft picks and key FA's. We have Dmc, Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Jones, VW, Gronk, Dobson, Ridley, Vareen all very high picks.  Boyce, Ryan, and Harmon all drafted high as well, even our back up QB was 1st rd talent. These players are all athletic, talented, and young players who have another year of experience.  Half of the starting defense is 1st round picks, with Collins our 1st pick of this year. 

We need DT depth, another CB after Talib walks, as I think Dennard will be one of the better cbs in the league with Logan on track as well, and i would like to see an early round h back/TE. I like Dobson and KT with another year of experience and Amendola as well. If Amendola stays healthy next year he will be a huge part of the offense. Also iM

o Edelman will be back at a fair price. The Patriots and Edelman need each other. 

A couple of other things...

I believe Wendell will either be signed at a reasonable deal or we will draft a center early.

Id like to see Hooman come back and I think he will.

Blount might actually want to stay in N.E and take a fair deal......but I doubt it.

Sign another undrafted solid over acheiver like Bolden, Bjge and Woodhead for competition to push Ridley.

Also Spikes replacement was drafted a year early in Collins. Lber core looks dominate next year, but could use 2 more for depth. Over all this team is loaded, and has minimal glaring holes other then DT depth which should be our number 1 concern, well that and more coaching turnover. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Imo, we do not, repeat do not have many holes to fill and this team is already loaded next year. This is a young football team on the whole, made up across the board with top draft picks and key FA's. We have Dmc, Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Jones, VW, Gronk, Dobson, Ridley, Vareen all very high picks.  Boyce, Ryan, and Harmon all drafted high as well, even our back up QB was 1st rd talent. These players are all athletic, talented, and young players who have another year of experience.  Half of the starting defense is 1st round picks, with Collins our 1st pick of this year. 

We need DT depth, another CB after Talib walks, as I think Dennard will be one of the better cbs in the league with Logan on track as well, and i would like to see an early round h back/TE. I like Dobson and KT with another year of experience and Amendola as well. If Amendola stays healthy next year he will be a huge part of the offense. Also iM

o Edelman will be back at a fair price. The Patriots and Edelman need each other. 

I believe Wendell will either be signed at a reasonable deal or we will draft a center early.

Blount might actually want to stay in N.E and take a fair deal......but I doubt it.

Sign another undrafted solid over acheiver like Bolden, Bjge and Woodhead for competition to push Ridley.

Also Spikes replacement was drafted a year early in Collins. Lber core looks dominate next year, but could use 2 more for depth. Over all this team is loaded, and has minimal glaring holes other then DT depth which should be our number 1 concern, well that and more coaching turnover. 

[/QUOTE]

EDIT, I cant edit my sentence wth?? And also i can say hell and damn, but not s-h-o-r-t?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMHO, the difference is the Pats have lacked a "big play" player on the D side of the ball for years and have relied on Brady too much to make big plays on offense. 

Granted, in SBs 42 and 46, the big plays were essentially made by no name receivers and as I can recollect, no one on the D side of the ball made the "big play" to win a game.  ( I consider the throws by Eli Manning to be heave and pray considering the coverage on the receivers who made the plays to catch the ball versus Manning putting the ball in a perfect spot.  SB46 comes close though)

[/QUOTE]

the throw to Manningham in SB 46 was one of the most perfectly placed balls u will ever see and considering the time and place maybe the greatest single pass in Super Bowl history-not to mention an incredible catch...so stop the nonsense and give credit where its due

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

need of a strong safety. cut gregory. find a SS for DMC so he can play a better suited FS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[/QUOTE]

the throw to Manningham in SB 46 was one of the most perfectly placed balls u will ever see and considering the time and place maybe the greatest single pass in Super Bowl history-not to mention an incredible catch...so stop the nonsense and give credit where its due

[/QUOTE]

SB 46, pure skill and clutch no doubt.

SB 42 pure luck and bs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I also think the Pats will make a concerted effort like 2007. If it were me I would go BIG in FA and draft at:

1. C

2. DT/DE

3. TE

4. RG

5. DT/DE

6. SS

ANd sign Talib and Julian and BLount. I like Spikes but I expect he is gone.

I will add that IF BB is not comfortable with at least one of the rookies as a starting WR that adds some skills less seen in Danny and Julian then they need to add another WR who complements those two.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the main issue was with the pats striking out all those years on WR its too early to give up on those young guys but they need soneone who is established to help the transition,  Not worried about the D we held the  Offenise in the league to 26 points.

25. This post has been removed.