Pats will load up for 2014...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Pats will load up for 2014...

ignore is a valuable thing!

here is a question: if a jerk yells and nobody listens does anybody care? (hint: this is not a trick question)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Injuries were the problem, not the roster itself.

Bingo. I'd add prison (Hernandez) to injuries - Gronk, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Spikes, Talib: two starters on offense and five starters on defense missing in the AFC game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

more good defensive players.

couple  of  large  receivers.

one more  offensive  lineman.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to poirierca's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

I think they will make significant moves - and I am thankful that BB is so furious about Welker; because that should drive him to want to crush everyone in the NFL again - like 2007

Well stated

I hope that you are right about this.  Even with significant moves we could also be very unlucky again and have many injuries to key players.  I really want to see Brady win another SuperBowl but I am not sure that it will happen.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

SB 46, pure skill and clutch no doubt.

SB 42 pure luck and bs

Exactly what was BS?

Hey, hotshot, you've touted yourself as a big time football fan who is just brimming with knowledge about the game.  I posted the following in a previous thread where you were beating your chest and you haven't answered.  How about now?

OK, hotshot, what are your street creds?  Don't dodge; don't deflect; don't talk about anyone else.  What makes you the cat's a_ss of football fans?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

I think they will make significant moves - and I am thankful that BB is so furious about Welker; because that should drive him to want to crush everyone in the NFL again - like 2007

Well stated

I hope that you are right about this.  Even with significant moves we could also be very unlucky again and have many injuries to key players.  I really want to see Brady win another SuperBowl but I am not sure that it will happen.  

Won't happen with BB as GM. Guaranteed. Too bad.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

All the Patriots need is a real QB, one that don't throw ducks. 

Don't you mean dics like the one Peyton throws you?

In response to susan250's comment:

Well stated

So what's the plan for that? This is why BB pays more attention to the bottom half of the roster than any other NFL coach. That was the ONLY reason we got as far as we did despite all the lost starters.

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

ignore is a valuable thing!

here is a question: if a jerk yells and nobody listens does anybody care? (hint: this is not a trick question)

It always amazes me how weak some people are that they can't handle posts from an anonymous poster in an internet chat room.

Makes me wonder what they do in real life where there is no ignore button.

Are you equally amazed at how pathetic the lives of internet trolls must be that they have to troll websites where they can parade virtual machismo while hiding safely behind a keyboard?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Yes.  I fully expect BB to Trade back a few times and compile a bunch of future picks, he'll whiff on, while passing on a few future All Pro players to draft some midget DB no one ever heard of.

LOL well said.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

IMHO, the difference is the Pats have lacked a "big play" player on the D side of the ball for years and have relied on Brady too much to make big plays on offense. 

Granted, in SBs 42 and 46, the big plays were essentially made by no name receivers and as I can recollect, no one on the D side of the ball made the "big play" to win a game.  ( I consider the throws by Eli Manning to be heave and pray considering the coverage on the receivers who made the plays to catch the ball versus Manning putting the ball in a perfect spot.  SB46 comes close though)

the throw to Manningham in SB 46 was one of the most perfectly placed balls u will ever see and considering the time and place maybe the greatest single pass in Super Bowl history-not to mention an incredible catch...so stop the nonsense and give credit where its due

I made such a statement about the SB46 pass... maybe I did not connect the fact it was a throw put into a good spot by Manning.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

We better hope .....  Thought this for the last several years after LOSING in the big games! I wud think that should do it! instead of getting angry over a 5 foot WR / Slot guy!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Would you have confidence in a team that has not:

Drafted a Pro-bowl Wide Receiver since Brady arrived

Has not drafted an elite safety in 10 years

Has not drafted an elite cornerback since Asante Samuel in 2003.

Has not drafted an elite pass rusher who can consistently create pressure. 

This is embarassing. Clearly there are some big problems, because the team seems to be undermanned and overmatched every year.  The defense cannot come up big in the playoffs. The offense constantly underpeforms.

The past 2 years, the Patriots defense has impoded after losing Talib in the playoffs. The Broncos also lost their best CB and played their best game of the year.  The Giants a few years ago lost their top 5-6 CB's and still won the Super Bowl. Pats lose 1 CB and they go down in flames in humiliating fashion.

Embarassing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to wolfwood's comment:

the main issue was with the pats striking out all those years on WR its too early to give up on those young guys but they need soneone who is established to help the transition,  Not worried about the D we held the  Offenise in the league to 26 points.

That is misleading.  You can give up 26 points and play terrible defense. That is what the Pats did.  How about surrendering 8 straight scoring drives to Broncos!  How many 3rd down conversions did Manning get in crucial moments. They had a chance to make a play and get a stop on numerous drives, but Manning just laughed at them and converted 3rd downs at ease...

What team can win if you give up 8 staight scoring drives!

• Sections
    Shortcuts