Pats will not make any moves..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Pats will not make any moves..

I fully expect the Patriots to address some of their needs through Free Agency,but for the most part the draft and undrafted free agent college players are the only way to build for the long term. Get the coachable players and let BB and Dante,Pepper and Scott O'Brien do their jobs,which is to indoctrinate the players into their system of playing football. Players from other teams though they have experience in the NFL it doesn't necessarilly equate to playing Patriot style NFL,so like I said they will sign some free agents but they will be limited moves...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Also for the life of me I don't know what the general fandom of the Patriots expects from this team,they have been in the playoffs all but one year in the last 8,let BB do his thing he'll get the players to perform to their absolute maximum ability if they have any talent at all..Ron Brace has to play better if the Patriots decide to tag Wilfork because he will then become a central figure in this teams defense for the coming years..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves..:
    In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : Ignored Key positions?  since when is the 3rd WR a key position?  And how is signing Galloway, Stallworth or Gaff-me ignoring the position?  D-back?  Like getting Bodden and Springs?  That ignoring? Linebackers?  LOL! Keep throwing the arrogance flag when you know nothing about the inner workings of Building an NFL team.
    Posted by m1021us

You're a GM I guess..sorry. If you call shipping Gaffney out to bring in Joey Galloway or Greg Lewis..neither of who played a down adressing the issue then your a fool! Then there's Shawn Springs. How much contribution did he make this past season??? Are you for real? Linebackers? They bring back Junior Seau for cryin out loud! Get a clue man. There's "addressing" and issue and actually really doing something about it to solve a problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It's not nice to pick on the elderly...so leave Seau out of thisCool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : What was Gaff-me before he came to NE?  Yes, he was a nobody, who did nothing!  God forbid NE would think that Gallaway, one who has had multiple 1000 yard seasons, could come in and be better than the once nobody Gaff-me.  It must be great to have hindsite on your side.... Was Springs successfull elsewhere?  Yes.  so he was injury prone....we get that, also because there was no passrush, it is more difficult to defend the pass.....get it? Why did they bring JR back?  Think about it..... As far as your pink hat spoiledass is concerned, I am not a GM....but a well educated fan..... I am guessing that you want probowl players at every position.....
    Posted by m1021us

This only goes to show everyone how much of a stooge you are m102us!
    So they brought Jr back to be the pass rush LMFAO! OH MY GOD you are such a TOOL! And you say your very well educated? in what, please Mr Genius tell us, we all need a good laugh here.
    You insult everyone that you post to, why is that?
    Please go back to yoru coloring books and let the real men talk here ok sunshine

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : Ignored Key positions?  since when is the 3rd WR a key position?  And how is signing Galloway, Stallworth or Gaff-me ignoring the position?  D-back?  Like getting Bodden and Springs?  That ignoring? Linebackers?  LOL! Keep throwing the arrogance flag when you know nothing about the inner workings of Building an NFL team.
    Posted by m1021us

OH please MR. Genius,
    tell us all hwo you built your NFl team!
    Which owner are you, awwwww I knew it, your AL DAVIS
    Hey everyone, m1021us is really AL DAVIS!
    Hey Al, what trades you gonna make with BB this spring?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : LOL!  You don't need to take a class on NFL economics....try doing some reading....there is plenty of it out there.  Common sense will tell you that you can't sign every great Free Agent out there.  You do realize that the Pats play to the cap every year, they even have to restructure Brady's contract every year to make the numbers work. It is funny that people like you cry because we didn't win the Superbowl in a couple of years.....you pink hats don't renenber how we used to come in 3rd, and 4th in the AFC East....we have a highly competitive team year in and year out....Your crying makes you sound spoiled. Try picking up a book.....
    Posted by m1021us

When you have Brady and Belicheck you should be a little more than "competitive" every year. Just because they spend to the cap, doesn't mean they are tops in actual money signed out in bonuses etc. Besides I'm talking about Letting a Seymour go without it helping us at all this year. Letting a Branch go without it helping at all that season. We would have beat the Colts that year and then Chicago if we had Branch. I don't like them wasting Brady's prime. And he doesn't restructure every year. Now I must go my mom is going to read me one of those Dr. Suess novels, I here they're fascinating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. :  When you have Brady and Belicheck you should be a little more than "competitive" every year. Just because they spend to the cap, doesn't mean they are tops in actual money signed out in bonuses etc. Besides I'm talking about Letting a Seymour go without it helping us at all this year. Letting a Branch go without it helping at all that season. We would have beat the Colts that year and then Chicago if we had Branch. I don't like them wasting Brady's prime. And he doesn't restructure every year. Now I must go my mom is going to read me one of those Dr. Suess novels, I here they're fascinating.
    Posted by mthurl

Your wasing your time, m102.nothing has never heard about great american authors, he's only read how to build an NFL Team his whole life. You did know he's Al Davis in real life?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. :  When you have Brady and Belicheck you should be a little more than "competitive" every year. Just because they spend to the cap, doesn't mean they are tops in actual money signed out in bonuses etc. Besides I'm talking about Letting a Seymour go without it helping us at all this year. Letting a Branch go without it helping at all that season. We would have beat the Colts that year and then Chicago if we had Branch. I don't like them wasting Brady's prime. And he doesn't restructure every year. Now I must go my mom is going to read me one of those Dr. Suess novels, I here they're fascinating.
    Posted by mthurl

NE got a great deal that they couldn't turn down for Seymour.....they have 2 first round picks for next year's draft....I suppose you would rather have kept Seymour and lost him to free agency this year.  he is on the down side of his career and still wants a big payday.

You wanted to Over pay for Branch?  Didn't we get a 1st round pick for him?  Again, he would have been another player that would have walked and we wold have gotten nothing for him.

let me refresh your memory:

2006 contract issues

In May 2006, the Patriots attempted to spark negotiations by offering Branch a contract extension through 2009. The offer had a $4 million signing bonus and $4 million option bonus payable in 2007. His base salary for 2006 would have been $1.045 million. In 2007, he would get $1.4 million, $4.3 million in 2008, and $4.75 million in 2009. There were also workout bonuses for an extra $300,000. Although those were only base salaries, he would have been expected to make roughly $6.25 million.

Branch wanted a deal that a player would receive in unrestricted free agency. An example of a deal Branch pointed to is the six year, $40 million deal that Reggie Wayne got. An example of a lower class team signing a high profile contract was the $24 million, 5 year deal his former teammate David Givens got with the Tennessee Titans.

On June 14, 2006, Branch began his holdout with the Patriots. It continued into August, and through the first three preseason games. The Patriots fined him $600,000 ($14,000 a day) due to his holdout.

On August 25, 2006, the New England Patriots issued this statement, "The New England Patriots had given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission was extend until September 1, 2006." This gave Branch six days to seek a trade with another team.

No trade was made, and Branch filed a grievance claiming that the Patriots violated an agreement by not completing a fair trade between them and a team willing to give Branch a contract extension.

Branch also had a non-injury grievance pending that the Patriots failed to negotiate in good faith; that grievance was to be heard first, though the NFL argued that both grievances are basically the same.

On September 11, 2006, Branch was traded to the Seattle Seahawks. The Patriots received a first round #24 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft from the trade which was used on University of Miami Safety, Brandon Meriweather.

You do understand that you have to look to the future as well as today to make decisions....this is what made the Pats one of the best teams of the decade.  Do you want to change that?

You do realize that there was no Brady in 2008? and NE was still competitive......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : What was Gaff-me before he came to NE?  Yes, he was a nobody, who did nothing!  God forbid NE would think that Gallaway, one who has had multiple 1000 yard seasons, could come in and be better than the once nobody Gaff-me.  It must be great to have hindsite on your side.... Was Springs successfull elsewhere?  Yes.  so he was injury prone....we get that, also because there was no passrush, it is more difficult to defend the pass.....get it? Why did they bring JR back?  Think about it..... As far as your pink hat spoiledass is concerned, I am not a GM....but a well educated fan..... I am guessing that you want probowl players at every position.....
    Posted by m1021us

I'm an educated fan as well and have been following this team for 30 years. I calls 'em as I sees 'em and what I see right now is a whole lot of personel mistakes. Don't care about what they did 3-4 years ago. last year was a downright disaster in terms of free agency..and while we're on the Gaffney subject, was he too rich for their blood to keep him??? The jokes that are/were Galloway, Lewis, Stanbach or whatever the he** his name is to replace a relatively cheap and productive player like Gaffney are just ridiculous. the drafy moves also need to come under the microscope. When is this Brandon Tate ever going to play? That's what you get I suppose when you draft a player with a broken leg!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : LOL!  You don't need to take a class on NFL economics....try doing some reading....there is plenty of it out there.  Common sense will tell you that you can't sign every great Free Agent out there.  You do realize that the Pats play to the cap every year, they even have to restructure Brady's contract every year to make the numbers work. It is funny that people like you cry because we didn't win the Superbowl in a couple of years.....you pink hats don't renenber how we used to come in 3rd, and 4th in the AFC East....we have a highly competitive team year in and year out....Your crying makes you sound spoiled. Try picking up a book.....
    Posted by m1021us

Or even 5th in the division.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : NE got a great deal that they couldn't turn down for Seymour.....they have 2 first round picks for next year's draft....I suppose you would rather have kept Seymour and lost him to free agency this year.  he is on the down side of his career and still wants a big payday. You wanted to Over pay for Branch?  Didn't we get a 1st round pick for him?  Again, he would have been another player that would have walked and we wold have gotten nothing for him. let me refresh your memory: 2006 contract issues In May 2006, the Patriots attempted to spark negotiations by offering Branch a contract extension through 2009. The offer had a $4 million signing bonus and $4 million option bonus payable in 2007. His base salary for 2006 would have been $1.045 million. In 2007, he would get $1.4 million, $4.3 million in 2008, and $4.75 million in 2009. There were also workout bonuses for an extra $300,000. Although those were only base salaries, he would have been expected to make roughly $6.25 million. Branch wanted a deal that a player would receive in unrestricted free agency. An example of a deal Branch pointed to is the six year, $40 million deal that Reggie Wayne got. An example of a lower class team signing a high profile contract was the $24 million, 5 year deal his former teammate David Givens got with the Tennessee Titans . On June 14, 2006, Branch began his holdout with the Patriots. It continued into August, and through the first three preseason games. The Patriots fined him $600,000 ($14,000 a day) due to his holdout. On August 25, 2006, the New England Patriots issued this statement, "The New England Patriots had given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission was extend until September 1, 2006." This gave Branch six days to seek a trade with another team. No trade was made, and Branch filed a grievance claiming that the Patriots violated an agreement by not completing a fair trade between them and a team willing to give Branch a contract extension. Branch also had a non-injury grievance pending that the Patriots failed to negotiate in good faith; that grievance was to be heard first, though the NFL argued that both grievances are basically the same. On September 11, 2006, Branch was traded to the Seattle Seahawks . The Patriots received a first round #24 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft from the trade which was used on University of Miami Safety, Brandon Meriweather . You do understand that you have to look to the future as well as today to make decisions....this is what made the Pats one of the best teams of the decade.  Do you want to change that? You do realize that there was no Brady in 2008? and NE was still competitive......
    Posted by m1021us

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Do you enjoy seasons like the one we just had or last year. Getting bounced in the first round by 30 points at home and not making the playoffs at all the year before when you have the best coach in the league, is not my idea of good football. The two picks we got for Seymour are just great 2 years after the trade was made. What do you think the Pats are going to do if they both are in the top ten, take them both? You'll see a trade down for value for sure. I'm sure you would love that, after all the first round is for all those less arrogant teams that are foolish enough to think that's were the talent is. You think life after Brady will be just swell? Try watching this team for the previous thirty years or so. Players like him come along once in a lifetime, best to take advantage of it while you can. The window is closing, the value drafts of the past 4 years have left this team bare. The free agent replacements have been a disaster. Was Seymour gone? Probrably. Could we have used a guy like him in his contract year? Ask anyone on that defense or any of the teams QB's we played against this year. Why is a lazy guy like Moss making 11 million this season? Because the year before we signed him, we let Givens and Brach go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

FRONT LOADED IN AN UNCAPPED YEAR MAKES GOOD SENSE IN SIGNING FREE AGENTS IN TERMS OF BOTH THE TEAM AND THE PLAYER.THE TEAM GETS THE GUY LOCKED UP FOR MULTIPLE YEARS WITHOUT HAVING SEVERE CAP PROBLEMS IN SUBSEQUENT CAPPED YEARS(AND IS ANYONE OUT THERE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE OWNERS WILL EVER SIGN A CONTRACT THAT DOES INCLUDE A SALARY CAP?EVEN THE NFLPA KNOWS THAT AND THE ONLY BATTLE RAGING RIGHT NOW IS OVER THE PERCENTAGE OF THE GROSS TAKE THAT WILL GO TO THE PLAYERS AND WHAT TEAM INCOME WILL BE INCLUDED IN FIGURING THE GROSS).THE PLAYER GETS THE BULK OF THEIR GARAUNTEED MONEY UP FRONT IN TODAYS DOLLARS RATHER THAN RELATIVELY EQUAL AMOUNTS THROUGH THE ENTIRE TERM OF THE DEAL WHERE SOME OF THE GARAUNTEED MONEY COULD BE EATEN UP BY INFLATION AND/OR TAX RATE INCREASES.THE OWNER JUST HAS TO BE WILLING TO FRONT BIG BUCKS.WOULD BE WILLING TO DO SO?I'M NOT SURE. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Pats were still the division champions last year. There have been a lot of elite teams over the past decade that couldn't keep competitive year over year and the Pats have by and large. Every year these guys play I feel very good about their playoff chances. Does anyone remember the change from 2002 to 2003 with this team? Let's see what happens this offseason and my guess is they're still a playoff team next year. The number one killer of this team since 2004 is the injury bug. If you wanted to make a statement that the Pats can't find healthy players I'd agree with you and not playing in a dome probably has something to do with that. Let's be honest though, if the starters could stay healthy a whole season they would be consistently great.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

Maybe the starters would stay healthy if the Pats didn't go after guys named "Fragile Fred", 37 years old WR's off major surgery, or guys named Seau.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

FRONT LOADED IN AN UNCAPPED YEAR MAKES GOOD SENSE IN SIGNING FREE AGENTS IN TERMS OF BOTH THE TEAM AND THE PLAYER.THE TEAM GETS THE GUY LOCKED UP FOR MULTIPLE YEARS WITHOUT HAVING SEVERE CAP PROBLEMS IN SUBSEQUENT CAPPED YEARS(AND IS ANYONE OUT THERE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THE OWNERS WILL EVER SIGN A CONTRACT THAT DOES INCLUDE A SALARY CAP?EVEN THE NFLPA KNOWS THAT AND THE ONLY BATTLE RAGING RIGHT NOW IS OVER THE PERCENTAGE OF THE GROSS TAKE THAT WILL GO TO THE PLAYERS AND WHAT TEAM INCOME WILL BE INCLUDED IN FIGURING THE GROSS).THE PLAYER GETS THE BULK OF THEIR GARAUNTEED MONEY UP FRONT IN TODAYS DOLLARS RATHER THAN RELATIVELY EQUAL AMOUNTS THROUGH THE ENTIRE TERM OF THE DEAL WHERE SOME OF THE GARAUNTEED MONEY COULD BE EATEN UP BY INFLATION AND/OR TAX RATE INCREASES.THE OWNER JUST HAS TO BE WILLING TO FRONT BIG BUCKS.WOULD BE WILLING TO DO SO?I'M NOT SURE. 
    Posted by kebbe

There is a problem with front-loading contracts.....the rules prevent it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing about this season that was so dissapointing to me was that they were relatively healthy compared to previous years. I remember them losing their entire defensive backfield to injury and still winning the Super Bowl. At one point during the year they lost to Denver in the playoffs, they were down to their third left tackle. This used to overcome these things, this current team is lacking all over the place. The past 4 drafts haven't helped the situation, although the last one under Floyd Reese was promising. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The thing about this season that was so dissapointing to me was that they were relatively healthy compared to previous years. I remember them losing their entire defensive backfield to injury and still winning the Super Bowl. At one point during the year they lost to Denver in the playoffs, they were down to their third left tackle. This used to overcome these things, this current team is lacking all over the place. The past 4 drafts haven't helped the situation, although the last one under Floyd Reese was promising. 
    Posted by mthurl

That is where the leadership comes in.....that is what they are lacking.

look what they did without Brady in 2008.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They certainly are immature, in between plays this year Guyton and Merriweather danced to the stadium music on the field right up until the wistle blowed. You think they could be doing something else like lining up correctly or concentrating? I'e heard Merriweather is a punk and he has a past. I'd think twice before I signed him long term or spent another first rounder on a guy like him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Thanks Smorgan!

And to think I was actually going to watch the 2010 season to see how things played out! What a waste of time that would have been!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from count25210. Show count25210's posts

In Response to Pats will not make any moves..:
    At least the ones you're hearing rumors about. Forget it! Peppers isn't coming here, neither is Bolden or Dansby...or ANY D-back worth a damn. They'll also trade out of any first round pick as they always do..so forget any mock drafts with NE manuevering anything in Round 1. The only moves they'll make there is trading out for their coveted "value" player..ie CHEAP PICK! They'll also franchise Wilfork or pi** him off so much that he'll hold out in 2010..then they'll trade him for more "value" picks in 2012 They also won't name any coordinators so forget that fantasy of some hot D-coordinator coming in. Our defense was so great this year anyway right? So why bother with that?? So, look for another off season of bargain shopping free agents who more than likely will be cut by opening day, drafting late 2nd and 3rd round players who won't develop into anything usuable in the near future and another squandered year of Brady's prime (assuming they actually pay him!)
    Posted by smorgan86

Obviously disquising yourself as a Pats fan
     but probbably a Jets fan. Either that or you are really Felger.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Heck if the Mayans are right we might as well just go for it and pay all outdoors and load this team up and see what happens.  I expect this post is as useless as any I have ever written but what the hey might as well join in the nonsense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to Pats will not make any moves..:
    At least the ones you're hearing rumors about. Forget it! Peppers isn't coming here, neither is Bolden or Dansby...or ANY D-back worth a damn. They'll also trade out of any first round pick as they always do..so forget any mock drafts with NE manuevering anything in Round 1. The only moves they'll make there is trading out for their coveted "value" player..ie CHEAP PICK! They'll also franchise Wilfork or pi** him off so much that he'll hold out in 2010..then they'll trade him for more "value" picks in 2012 They also won't name any coordinators so forget that fantasy of some hot D-coordinator coming in. Our defense was so great this year anyway right? So why bother with that?? So, look for another off season of bargain shopping free agents who more than likely will be cut by opening day, drafting late 2nd and 3rd round players who won't develop into anything usuable in the near future and another squandered year of Brady's prime (assuming they actually pay him!)
    Posted by smorgan86

Too bad. I looked at your post with the expectations of an intelligent argument.

Oh well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not make any moves.. : That is funny...Felger is a moron.....you are calling this guy a moron.....good one.
    Posted by m1021us

Hey m1021us, if you dont have anything good to say why not keep your big mouth sut. Im sick and tired of reading posts where you constantly insult people. Your the next one that needs to be banned from this site.  In fact its time people start reporting you

Sections
Shortcuts