Pats will not Trade #33

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Pats will not Trade #33

Pats are not going to have 3 first round picks next year. I find it highly unlikely now that they moved #28 for the Saints #1 next year. They will make the Pick at #33. I hope it is Reed or Sheard then a Guard or Dline with the next 2 selections. Solder was a Solid Pick at 17 he will turn out to be a Great Tackle not just a good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats will not Trade #33

Why? The Saints 1st round next year is most likely a late round 1st. It makes sense they try to trade to a bad QB hungry team for their 1st next year. Then they would have a higher pick like this year, in a draft that most likely will have a rookie cap, a late round 1st and another 1st that they can trade back and play with. Pretty much the same situation they have this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

If a QB hungry team makes them an "offer they can't refuse" I am sure the Pats will trade out of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think they trade it...

There is so much demand for that pick, Bill must have an extension program in his pants right now thinking of all the trade possibilities...

I think if you have desperate teams that want QBs, Bill would have to listen if they are offering a 2012 1st rounder...

The question is how desperate are the bad teams?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not Trade #33:
    Why? The Saints 1st round next year is most likely a late round 1st. It makes sense they try to trade to a bad QB hungry team for their 1st next year. Then they would have a higher pick like this year, in a draft that most likely will have a rookie cap, a late round 1st and another 1st that they can trade back and play with. Pretty much the same situation they have this year.
    Posted by PatsEng

I am not saying the trade would not make sense. I just do not see it happening Today.I think the Pats go ahead and get their guy at #33

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this pick is being auctioned off right now my friend. there is zero chance the pats stay put here, and it makes sense if they get a decent return. the guys they want (we think) are going to fall in the middle of round 2. there are teams desperate for QBs and they will be all over this pick. it wont be for a first though, it will be for a 2nd this year and again next year. 
    only way we keep this pick is if somehow they recheck bowers kne today and feel good about it. but that seems hghly unlikely. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

It depends on what's offered.  If somone makes an offer that is greater than the value presented with the pick, they'll take it.  On the other hand, if one of the players on the board (Bowers, Sheard, whetever) represents significant value based on the Patriots' board, then it would take a lot to pry the pick from BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

#33 is pure gold right now, but needs the right partner... hypo......trade #33 to Washington...we end up with #41, #49, give them a third and switch 2012 #1's....the phones are already ringing....watch what this pick is worth by 8:00 tonight...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

I think they will Belichick want 4 players in the 2nd round.....I like Brook Reed.....at 60maxpowero.com I saw this kid marvi Austin really like him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

this pick is being auctioned off right now my friend. there is zero chance the pats stay put here, and it makes sense if they get a decent return. the guys they want (we think) are going to fall in the middle of round 2. there are teams desperate for QBs and they will be all over this pick. it wont be for a first though, it will be for a 2nd this year and again next year.  only way we keep this pick is if somehow they recheck bowers kne today and feel good about it. but that seems hghly unlikely. 
    Posted by artielang
    Give me your best scenario of a trading Partner. This is how I see this playing out. Buffalo and Cinci can stay put and have either Dalton, Mallet or Capernavic. Redskins will take whoever is left over. I believe the Pats pick at 33. I know there will be a Rookie wage scale in place next year, but 3 first rounders next year. I just don't see it. Maybee i am wrong

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Every expert seems to agree on three facts. 1. Great Defences win Super Bowls. 2. Great defences have a great pass rusher. 3. The Patriots have no pass rush. 

My question is. When and at what point are the Patriots going to address this problem? Trading down is great if you want to continue to stockpile picks. but what's the point? If these picks are continually traded for future considerations, when there is a glaring deficiency in the defence. I thought the whole purpose of the draft was to bring in new blood and fill team needs.

How's Clay Matthews going in Green Bay, has he helped the Packers? He was available 2 years ago when the Pats traded down.Pass rusher's create havoc for Quarter Backs, they make the defence intimidating, this is not ROCKET SCIENCE. Sooner or later I am sure that this flaw in the Patriots defence will be addressed, one can only hope.

When you go 14-2 and are knocked out in the first game, surely there has to be a problem somewhere. Hopefully this issue will be addressed with the 33 rd pick.
    I hate to be cynical but on past form, the pick has been traded, that you can take to the bank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I see more value for the Pats trading down and a team coming up to 33 than if the Pats take the pick. We drop to 38, 41, 45, or 48, and we probably get the same player as well as another pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pats will not Trade #33 : Give me your best scenario of a trading Partner. This is how I see this playing out. Buffalo and Cinci can stay put and have either Dalton, Mallet or Capernavic. Redskins will take whoever is left over. I believe the Pats pick at 33. I know there will be a Rookie wage scale in place next year, but 3 first rounders next year. I just don't see it. Maybee i am wrong
    Posted by patriots44

Here's a couple of best trade scenerio's

Oak - Davis wanted to get back into the 1st but didn't have the ammo. He wants a QB bad but sitting at #48 it's highly unlikely that the QB they want falls to them so the Pats trade #125 and #33 for #48 and a 1st next year

Was - Was missed out on Ponder. It's been rumored the only reason they moved back was they believed Ponder would be at #16. They desperately want a chance at Dalton or Mallett so they trade #41 and a 1st next year for #92 and #33.

Cinn - Cinn needs a QB but with rumors of the Pats getting ready to move the pick to another QB needy team they jump in offering pick #66 and a 1st next year for #92 and #33

Car - Car was rumored to want to move back into the 1st but couldn't now seeing what's in the 2nd at #33 they decide they need to move so they offer #65 and a 1st next year for #92 and #33

In all cases we get a non-plyoff caliber teams 1st next year and depending on how bad they are swapping a late 3rd for an early 3rd

BTW there is a report that Cinn tried to move up to #32 to get ahead of a team wanting to trade with the Pats but failed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Don't forget, thanks to the Saints Trade we have a first round pick to use for trades once the new rules (or old rules) are established.  BB would love a high speed pass rusher, but he might be thinking of a trade to get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Don't forget, thanks to the Saints Trade we have a first round pick to use for trades once the new rules (or old rules) are established.  BB would love a high speed pass rusher, but he might be thinking of a trade to get him.
    Posted by Geographer91

The New Orleans Saints just put themselves right back into the Super Bowl hunt , thanks to the Belichick gift. Ingram will be a 1500 yard back and Cameron Day will be a stud speed rusher. The Saints won it all in 2010, why would you trade with the Saints , a likely opponent , should you make the Super Bowl. So they have made the Saints stronger and passed on an opportunity to make the Patriot defence more formidable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We have enough future value and growth in the draft.  Need to WIN THIS YEAR
    which will require high impact DE pass rusher.  Keep #33 and draft Bowers. 
    This will be the biggest draft steal since Brady.

Also, Keep remaining 2 second rounders to get one of 3 quality OLBs on the board (hopefuly Ayers IMO) and one of 2-4 ranked RBs (hopefully Leshoure IMO)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

The Saints picked Cameron Jordan , not Day. Don't know where that came from. Fact is they are much stronger with Brees and company. Why was Troy Aikman so good?  He had Emmet Smith to hand the ball off to. Brady may be the best of all time, how good would he have been playing on that Cowboy team.

Fact. Stud running backs take pressure of Quarterbacks. Fact . Speed Rushers put pressure on Quarterbacks. I am not saying that Pats should have drafted Ingram, I think it would have worked, but they should have not let the Saints get the guy, they will regret that move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Aussie, you are too wrapped around the Saints.  If, a big if, the Pats make the Superbowl, it would not have been because of Ingram.  There are other running backs the Pats can and will take.  Who would you rather the Pats trade with, the Jets, the Colts?  we will see these teams two or three times before we see the Saints in the Superbowl. 
    We still need two D players who can bring pressure, rounds two and three can provide these, also a free agent can come in and start right now.  Can you guarrentee that Ingram will infact be the power player you project?  27 teams did not select him.  As a fan of the SEC he was good enough to run over kids who will never play ball outside of college.

So here is the fact, you trade with and for what you believe will help your team make it to the superbowl, not only this year and the next.  If it was all up to one player, everyone could do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

there is a 100% chance they trade this pick.....YES 100%

Someone dumb is gonna give us thier next yrs #1 and a 2nd this year/or 3rd rnd this yr. One of the hungry for a QB teams will make a deal the pats cant refuse. cause "its good value there"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

The Saints lost to the Seahawks last yr.....enough said

Bill is going to trade that pick for sure, 96.4% chance in fact....and its the right move, team will overpay for that pick...you will see

now saying all that, If we came away last night with Cameron Jordan and gabe Carimi i would have been extremely happy.....just dont get why Bill shies away from pass rushers, he saw what Seymour did for us

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

The Saints lost to the Seahawks last yr.....enough said Bill is going to trade that pick for sure, 96.4% chance in fact....and its the right move, team will overpay for that pick...you will see now saying all that, If we came away last night with Cameron Jordan and gabe Carimi i would have been extremely happy.....just dont get why Bill shies away from pass rushers, he saw what Seymour did for us
    Posted by darrenryan

and we lost to the Jets !!!

we need a pass rush stud - I do not understand how we can put pressure on opposing QB if we keep trading our picks !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

If the Pats trade 33 it most likely be for a 2012 first and this years 2nd. The team they trade with will need a qb so good chance they will be pretty bad next year...high first. If they do this they can trade their own and Saints first to move up and grab ????. with all that said I see the 2 first being traded to go up and grab whatever stud they want and the high first will be for another stud...then their 2nd they can trade that for a 1st for 2013.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I would be shocked if it is not traded...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

If I'm BB, I'm not trading that pick unless a 2012 #1 is involved, OR they make a deal with a team with multiple #2s in 2012, and take two #2s next year, plus that team's #2 this year in return.

But in my mind, that pick (#33) either goes for a #1 in 2012, or the Pats use it, unless the trade down is only 3 or 4 spots, to maybe the #36 or #37 slot, and they pick-up another 3rd rounder (which can be flipped into a #2 in 2012) in the process.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

the Pats are trading every pick they have in day 2. moving up down up down left right left right BABA start........................

Sections
Shortcuts