Pats will sign Broncos FA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Pats will sign Broncos FA

Mark my words. BB with his comment on the Welker takeout of Talib is still bitter about Welker leaving for the Broncos. I say they will sign Decker or Rodgers-Cromartie just to spite the Broncos. I'm not big on Decker but with Rodgers-Cromartie and Talib that would be a pretty impressive secondary. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Pats will sign Broncos FA

Maybe, but Dennard isnt too bad back there, and McCourty improved when he moved to safety.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

DRC is a durable reliable player I'd love to have him and wanted him last year even if they resigned Talib becuase of injury history. Talib is more talented but what good is talent when you are only 100% half a season and miss the playoffs from bad boo boo's? Given me 90% of the player for 16 games and the playoffs anyday

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

phew, glad you didnt say Decker. he will be over paid and not worth #1 or 2 WR money.

but I wouldnt mind seeing DRC in a Pats uni

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

Mark my words. BB with his comment on the Welker takeout of Talib is still bitter about Welker leaving for the Broncos. I say they will sign Decker or Rodgers-Cromartie just to spite the Broncos. I'm not big on Decker but with Rodgers-Cromartie and Talib that would be a pretty impressive secondary. 

What cut were you thinking in order to sign...mmmmm..... anyone.  Like say, the rookie class, nevermind your own FA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

He may have bitter feelings towards Welker but not the Broncos.  He won't out bid the Broncos for a player based on being pissed at Welker.

But don't try to slip a player through waivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Denver has some nice FA's Beadles, DRC, Decker, Knowshon and remember Moreno, Beadles  and Decker were Josh McD's draft choices. DRC is a hired gun, he'll play for whoever pays the most. Love to see the Patriots get another #1 type DB and maybe a decent DT who can handle the load in the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Well, if the Seahawks are in the SB next year, all the offensive weapons in the world won't help unless the Pats' D gets back on track.  If that's the match up next year, the Pats will need to bring some tough, fast, aggressive D to their game.  Must balance it out.  

If the front 7 is 100 percent healthy, a shut down CB joins Talib, and an upgrade over Gregory is found, this D will pick up from where it could have been in 2013 before the guys went down = a Top 5 D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Decker is pretty overrated to me. His stats are inflated due to Thomas getting team's number 1s and often double covered.

I think he could excell in our system because he has the Wonderlic record at WR and our offense requires smart guys, but I think Dobson could turn out to be the better WR of the two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

As far as DRC goes, they won't sign both Talib and DRC. It would be either or...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

As far as DRC goes, they won't sign both Talib and DRC. It would be either or...

If that's the case, I'd rather have the higher likely guy to play 16 games and into the playoffs then the one who hasn't proved he can. All things being equal, even if Talib is more talented you can't pick and chose when he'll get hurt so give me the more durable guy anyday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Decker is pretty overrated to me. His stats are inflated due to Thomas getting team's number 1s and often double covered.

I think he could excell in our system because he has the Wonderlic record at WR and our offense requires smart guys, but I think Dobson could turn out to be the better WR of the two.

Agree...he was invisble in th SB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Agree...he was invisble in th SB.

I pretty much think the whole Denver team was invisible that night. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats getting a special Pats only Cap number for next year?  or they cutting half the team to sign those guys?  Look in house, not forget Logan Ryan and what he was able to do as a rookie.  Although he doesn't have the burner speed, from what I've read he is very intellegent and will only get better.

Without signing anyone keep both Talib and Edelman will prove difficult at best, don't expect a big splash signing.

1 Talib 2/3 3/2 Dennard/Ryan 4 Arrington I think that's pretty damn good.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to Pats7393's comment:

Pats getting a special Pats only Cap number for next year?  or they cutting half the team to sign those guys?  Look in house, not forget Logan Ryan and what he was able to do as a rookie.  Although he doesn't have the burner speed, from what I've read he is very intellegent and will only get better.

Without signing anyone keep both Talib and Edelman will prove difficult at best, don't expect a big splash signing.

1 Talib 2/3 3/2 Dennard/Ryan 4 Arrington I think that's pretty damn good.  

I agree with this, but I think the Weakness is Safety.  Yes we need the 4 guys in the front 7 back, but we also need a harrison type Safety to tighten up the interior.

In addition to getting gronk back, we also need another TE, and at least 1 more OL, preferably interior.  Mankins is probably too expensive to keep much longer at his age, although I liked his flexibility in even playing OT some this year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I agree with this. Not sure why folk want him. He was shut out by Dennard in the 1st meeting but another game had 4 TDs. He is a product of a great offense and has skill but doesnt stand out at anything. Not that fast or athletic. Pass

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

never going to win w/ mccourty as starting safety

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Wouldn't be suprised if Pats do sign Decker since Josh did draft him.....Unless a team over pays him somewhere else....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

Wouldn't be suprised if Pats do sign Decker since Josh did draft him.....Unless a team over pays him somewhere else....

Good point there with McDaniels. I am actually not against signing him at all, but it needs to be at the right price.  If some team goes beserk for Edelman, and he comes in far less, something like that.

i wouldnt mind Decker for cheap but he will be paid a lot more than Edelman imo. Slot WRs are a dime a dozen Edelman is a system guy. great story, great player will probably be overpaid somewhere

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make any sense. If Edelman fits the system here like Welkie did, how many teams with QBs can say they have what NE or Denver has with those QBs? What, GB and NOs?

I agree Decker should see more in the market, but all it takes is one desperate team with money to spend to do something stupid.

[/QUOTE]

he's a system guy so he is expendable on our part because we can find someone to fill the role.

other teams will fall for the stats and such and over pay for JE

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts