Pats will sign Broncos FA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Pats will sign Broncos FA

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Why didn't that happen with Welkie? Don't you get it?  People think that Brady makes Welkie, Gomie makes Welkie and then system bloats the numbers, which is correct.

I agree all it takes is one team, but it might take more than that, which I think is unlikely.

I can't see Edelman taking a bit more to go wallow in Jacksonville or something or start over again, after how hard he's worked here.

[/QUOTE]

oh i don't think JE is going anywhere either. we will get him for cheap probably. ultimate team guy. the offers will be there though but i have faith he will turn them down

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

1. Agree with those who say it is 'either or' DRC or Talib. Also that Dennard, Ryan and Arrington are enough behind a #1 guy like Talib.

2. Decker will stay in Denver. He is well established in the community and I believe Elway would choose to not pickup Welker's 5m over being forced to let Decker walk for $ reasons.

3. Moreno will be overpriced, we can pay Blount and Ridley combined what he'll get.

4. Beadles would be a solid grab. Connolly restructure and compete with Wendell for starting C. Beadles competes with Cannon for RG. Vollmer injury concerns means Cannon can't be handed RG full-time. 

5. Woodyard to replace Spikes as your slower, make a few hard hits/force fumbles, backup veteran LB'er. I'd draft an athletic 'backer who can cover and sign Woodyard over Fletcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Prediction:

Donkey's will lose Ayers, DMC and Woodyard. They will replace Rodgers-Cromartie with a lesser FA CB or a 3rd rd draft rd pick. Harris will start the year on the 6 week PUP. Bailey will have a better overall season but is mostly washed up. Same with Jammer. Webster will improve. Secondary will struggle 1st half, be solid second half.

They will restructure Wes's deal from like 1 year 5 million to 3 years 10 million and use the savings to keep Decker. Moreno walks. Ball is lead back, little is lost but fumbles remain an issue. Cheaper RB doesn't quite replace Ball as backup. Peyton keeps all other weapons.

1st rd pick will be a DE to replace Ayers. Phillips will be back as depth to backup the pick and Wolfe. Knighton, Vickerson, Sylvester Williams are a great interior.

2nd rd pick goes to the O-line to protect Manning. OG to replace Beadles or Manny moves back there and they draft a C.

Mincey-Trevathon-Von Miller is a solid trio at LB'er. Phillips can play with his hand up as well but depth will be an issue.

Broncos still great, but not quite as great. 2-2 vs. NFC West, 4-2 vs. own division. 1-2 other random losses (I guarantee Pats are in Denver next year regular season). Broncos go 11-5 or 10-6 and are a wild card team.

Pats 14-2 and #1 seed

Chiefs and Colts both 12-4, one gets a BYE (let's say KC), the other a home div game. Bengals drop out. Baltimore back in at 10-6 or 11-5 with a home game. 1 random team like SD, Miami, Pitt, make it in that yearly 8-8 or 9-6 battle to the last week.

Broncos win in Indy. Baltimore thumps whoever, then too close to call traveling to KC. Patriots beat Broncos at home in division round, Chiefs or Ravens come to Foxboro and lose. Patriots play Seattle or San Fran in Super Bowl. Health determines winner.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE

Why didn't that happen with Welkie? Don't you get it?  People think that Brady makes Welkie, Gomie makes Welkie and then system bloats the numbers, which is correct.

I agree all it takes is one team, but it might take more than that, which I think is unlikely.

I can't see Edelman taking a bit more to go wallow in Jacksonville or something or start over again, after how hard he's worked here.

oh i don't think JE is going anywhere either. we will get him for cheap probably. ultimate team guy. the offers will be there though but i have faith he will turn them down

If Amendola was offered 5/30 (but only 8m guaranteed) I would assume Edelman gets a 5/25 offer from someone with 8-12m guaranteed.

If the Pats cut Amendola at a cap hit of just 1-2m for next season (but like 3-4 for the year after) they free up a couple million to keep JE. If he'd accept 4 years 15-20 million with the 8-9 million guaranteed (so the same or just a bit more than Amendola) and it is structured in a way that doesn't count more than 3-4 million towards the '14 cap... I say he returns.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If Amendola was offered 5/30 (but only 8m guaranteed) I would assume Edelman gets a 5/25 offer from someone with 8-12m guaranteed.

If the Pats cut Amendola at a cap hit of just 1-2m for next season (but like 3-4 for the year after) they free up a couple million to keep JE. If he'd accept 4 years 15-20 million with the 8-9 million guaranteed (so the same or just a bit more than Amendola) and it is structured in a way that doesn't count more than 3-4 million towards the '14 cap... I say he returns.

can't cut Amendola... his cap hit is low in 2014 but the dead money hit if cut is like 7.5 mil.... some one did post about a weird post-june cut thing on DA but i doubt that happens either

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

can't cut Amendola... his cap hit is low in 2014 but the dead money hit if cut is like 7.5 mil.... some one did post about a weird post-june cut thing on DA but i doubt that happens either

That is what I was refering to.

Dead money is only like 4.8 million after June 1st. 1.2m on next year's cap and 3.6m (ouch) on 2015.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

That is what I was refering to.

Dead money is only like 4.8 million after June 1st. 1.2m on next year's cap and 3.6m (ouch) on 2015.

yeah lets just say if DA does what he did this year again next season he wont be around in2015

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts