Pats will wear black-ribbon logos on their helmets on Sunday in honor of the 26 victims of Friday's Connecticut elementary school tragedy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

The New England Patriots will wear black-ribbon logos on their helmets on Sunday in honor of the 26 victims of Friday's Connecticut elementary school tragedy.

The Patriots also will light 26 white flares during a moment of silence before Sunday night's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

The Patriots see Newtown as part of their New England base, and had a direct connection with Friday's tragedy.

The Kraft family, which owns the Patriots, also owns a box company, Rand-Whitney, that has a factory less than one mile from Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Rand-Whitney's parking lot was used Friday as a meeting area for media members after the tragic shooting at the school, a Patriots official said this weekend.

The New York Giants also will honor the victims by having S.H.E.S. (Sandy Hook Elementary School) written on their helmets for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin also held a moment of silence for the victims at the team meeting at its Atlanta hotel on Saturday night, team sources told ESPN. Many players were visibly moved, the sources said. Most found out what happened in Newtown coming off the practice field on Friday.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8750501/new-england-patriots-wear-ribbon-logos-set-flares-victims-newtown-conn-tragedy

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The nut job who tried to call the Jets out on this should be banned from this site.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

The nut job who tried to call the Jets out on this should be banned from this site.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The New England Patriots will wear black-ribbon logos on their helmets on Sunday in honor of the 26 victims of Friday's Connecticut elementary school tragedy.

The Patriots also will light 26 white flares during a moment of silence before Sunday night's game against the San Francisco 49ers.

The Patriots see Newtown as part of their New England base, and had a direct connection with Friday's tragedy.

The Kraft family, which owns the Patriots, also owns a box company, Rand-Whitney, that has a factory less than one mile from Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Rand-Whitney's parking lot was used Friday as a meeting area for media members after the tragic shooting at the school, a Patriots official said this weekend.

The New York Giants also will honor the victims by having S.H.E.S. (Sandy Hook Elementary School) written on their helmets for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin also held a moment of silence for the victims at the team meeting at its Atlanta hotel on Saturday night, team sources told ESPN. Many players were visibly moved, the sources said. Most found out what happened in Newtown coming off the practice field on Friday.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8750501/new-england-patriots-wear-ribbon-logos-set-flares-victims-newtown-conn-tragedy

[/QUOTE]

Classy move by the NFL!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy move by the NFL!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy move by the NFL!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy move by the NFL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Glad to hear it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Glad to hear it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

OK. I'm gonna go against the grain here.  I am NOT condoning what Lanza did to those innocent children and adults; killing people well before they've even had a chance to live out their lives.

I agree it's a nice gesture - but, it's a PR thing. Newtown is made up 95% white people.  If this had happened in a "ghetto" district of Detroit, LA, or NY - I wonder if the atrocity would have been this publicized.  Guess what? Many children in poor income neighborhoods are murdered every week.  You don't see the NFL or any other entity wearing ribbons for THOSE innocent children, do we?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

duplicate, sorry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK. I'm gonna go against the grain here.  I am NOT condoning what Lanza did to those innocent children and adults; killing people well before they've even had a chance to live out their lives.

I agree it's a nice gesture - but, it's a PR thing. Newtown is made up 95% white people.  If this had happened in a "ghetto" district of Detroit, LA, or NY - I wonder if the atrocity would have been this publicized.  Guess what? Many children in poor income neighborhoods are murdered every week.  You don't see the NFL or any other entity wearing ribbons for THOSE innocent children, do we?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but if it was a mostly black elementary school, the public outcry would have been the same.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

anonymis you should be ashamed of yourself for this post!! CHILDREN are CHILDREN regardless of race! You and your attitude here are part of the problem in America. To turn it around on you, do you think we will see your "Rev" Jesse Jackson or "Rev" Al Sharpton in CT talking about the violence?? Your a d!ck for even posting that above. Thank God that mass murder like this hasn't happened before either in a "white" neighborhood or a "ghetto distrcit."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

anonymis you should be ashamed of yourself for this post!! CHILDREN are CHILDREN regardless of race! You and your attitude here are part of the problem in America. To turn it around on you, do you think we will see your "Rev" Jesse Jackson or "Rev" Al Sharpton in CT talking about the violence?? Your a d!ck for even posting that above. Thank God that mass murder like this hasn't happened before either in a "white" neighborhood or a "ghetto distrcit."

[/QUOTE]

so, where's all the public outcry for the minority children killed in mostly minority neigborhoods?

In addittion, neither of you really read what I wrote.  It's clearly a PR strategy.  IMO, it would mean a heck of a lot more if the NFL anonymously paid for all of the victims' funeral costs WITHOUT it being advertised in the media.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

so, where's all the public outcry for the minority children killed in mostly minority neigborhoods?

In addittion, neither of you really read what I wrote.  It's clearly a PR strategy.  IMO, it would mean a heck of a lot more if the NFL anonymously paid for all of the victims' funeral costs WITHOUT it being advertised in the media.

[/QUOTE]

1) Ever heard of Trayvon Martin? Of course you have. He is the young minority that was killed in Florida, whose death made International news! That was public outcry around the globe for ONE young minority killed. So stop with your whining lil racist rant.

2) How do you know the NFL hasnt offered to pay for funeral services "WITHOUT it being advertised in the media." If not publicized how do you know?? LOL Anonymis I never knew your were such a racist tool.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1) Ever heard of Trayvon Martin? Of course you have. He is the young minority that was killed in Florida, whose death made International news! That was public outcry around the globe for ONE young minority killed. So stop with your whining lil racist rant.

2) How do you know the NFL hasnt offered to pay for funeral services "WITHOUT it being advertised in the media." If not publicized how do you know?? LOL Anonymis I never knew your were such a racist tool.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I think you're being naiive to think that it's not a PR move

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony! Ha ha!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony! Ha ha!

[/QUOTE]

Of course if they did so anonymously, the public would never know, duh?  Again, you missed the point. That sure doesn't make me racist for saying that it's a PR ploy. In addition, if you've actually read about the news for trayvon martin - why was it so publicized? Hmm, white adult male chases down minority juvenile and murders him vs. white adult male defends himself against violent minority juvenile.  BTW, did the NFL wear a black ribbon in memory of Trayvon?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

Of course if they did so anonymously, the public would never know, duh?  Again, you missed the point. That sure doesn't make me racist for saying that it's a PR ploy. In addition, if you've actually read about the news for trayvon martin - why was it so publicized? Hmm, white adult male chases down minority juvenile and murders him vs. white adult male defends himself against violent minority juvenile.  BTW, did the NFL wear a black ribbon in memory of Trayvon?

[/QUOTE]

Get your facts straight Jack, George Zimmerman is not white he is hispanic. Take your sorry racist as s  back to wherever you came from.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Get your facts straight Jack, Geoprge Zimmerman is not white he is hispanic. Take your sorry racist as s  back to wherever you came from.

[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman's father is white, his mother is hispanic.

You didn't answer my question.  Did the NFL make statements on behalf of Trayvon, did they wear a ribbon on his behalf.  Interesting that you don't want to say what the answer is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

you are ignorant anonymis! Of course the NFL didnt put a patch on their uniforms for Trayvon Martin (although President Obama did have a press conference specifically to adress this case). The NFL cant put a patch on uniforms for every death, or tragic loss. What makes this so unique is it is a MASS MURDER OF YOUNG CHILDREN. The last time our country got shook like this is probably 9/11. Although I suspect your racist behind to twist it somehow. Heres a tip for you. Stop whining and playing the race card all the time your not happy. You make your own way in the world. Tell Barak Obama a black man cant make it in America! This is my last response, I wont get in a battle of wits with an unarmed RACIST man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

you are ignorant anonymis! Of course the NFL didnt put a patch on their uniforms for Trayvon Martin (although President Obama did have a press conference specifically to adress this case). The NFL cant put a patch on uniforms for every death, or tragic loss. What makes this so unique is it is a MASS MURDER OF YOUNG CHILDREN. The last time our country got shook like this is probably 9/11. Although I suspect your racist behind to twist it somehow. Heres a tip for you. Stop whining and playing the race card all the time your not happy. You make your own way in the world. Tell Barak Obama a black man cant make it in America! This is my last response, I wont get in a battle of wits with an unarmed RACIST man.

[/QUOTE]

Again, you missed my entire point. If you add up all the minority children who are murdered in poor neighborhood, I'm guessing that the total number of children would EXCEED the number for this incident.

I'm thinking that you don't want to admit it's a PR ploy because it makes you feel good about yourself - like publicising YOUR support over a tragedy. So, you call me a racist cuz it makes you feel like a "good" guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Quagmire3, don't let a tool bag hijeck the thread.  It's a nice tribute by the Patriots.  Don't respond to the foolishness anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Quagmire3, don't let a tool bag hijeck the thread.  It's a nice tribute by the Patriots.  Don't respond to the foolishness anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts