Pats Win, Jets Lose, PhatRex & The Pathetic Jets fans are no shows!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Pats Win, Jets Lose, PhatRex & The Pathetic Jets fans are no shows!

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sam-Adams' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plain and simple, Rex took over a team with a top running game, a top defense and has blown it.  His early success wasn't because of him, it was there when he took over and he turned it in to the joke that it is today.  He isn't head coach material, Jets fans are finally starting to see this.  Not sure how long Woody and the fans will put up with this.  Funny to look back and see Rex predicting SuperBowls with talent he didn't put together and now seeing his work destroy what was there when he got there.  He is a fake that lived off others success, not his own.  Rex won't be around long.  He belongs as a defensive coach, not a head coach.  Funny stuff!

[/QUOTE]

TB12,

I have to disagree with some of this. Rex didn't walk into a playoff calibar team.....he bought it. If you remember he went out and bought up every mercenary availible on the market and put together a pirate ship called the Jets. The plan was to pay big on very short term contracts and win quick because when those same contracts came around for re-negociation the next year he wouldn't have the money to pay them. He picked Sanchez to lead them and with the running game they had any of us could have done what he did.

Now.......in typical pirate/mercanary fasion there's little left of that once feared defense and all so powerful running attack because they go where the money is and Rex is left with a team with no foundation and he's having to start building around what little is left.

He gambled and took a shortcut and got burnt. He was so close he could taste it and now all that's left is the ultimate New York feeding frenzy on his large fat carcass. I seen this going down and made several predictions that this would happen and all premature.....but now I'm going to savor every minute of him being embarrassed out of a head coaches job until he'll be lucky to hold onto a DC position for the Rams.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, because coaches rarely bring in players that have played for them or are familiar with their system.  

[/QUOTE]

And those players are? They must be defensive players since rex never had anything to do with offense before the Jets.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Gotta love Sancheeze's 2.8 QB rating!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I read through this thread and boy how much of it is just a waste of time.

If you get past name calling and get past team affiliation here is what is left:

What good things can someone say about the Jets so far this season:

1. The Jets are 2-2 and tied for first in the division. After that there is very, very little good to say about that team.

What negative things can you say about the Jets:

1. Their coach thought this was the best team he has had since he got there. So far they look like the worst. AFTER last season ended Ryan admitted he didn't have the pulse of the team (like when he named the least team like player a captain at the start of it all). Ryan does not seem to have a feel for much of anything so far.

2. Their D cant stop the run and has no pass rush. The added safeties are more hitters than coverage guys so it doesnt address the coverage problems the safeties had last year. A bad combination of faults.

3. They want to be ground and pound but they do not have a dominant RB - he is neither fast nor especially powerful nor shifty... He is just a run of the mill RB who is OK but nothing special. They do not have anything special or complementary behind him. And perhaps most critical their O line has a couple of holes and their TE - while a good receiver - is not a blocker and so not especially valuable in ground and pound.

4. THeir QB can make throws but is not consistent in his accuracy. That makes him like a lot of the average to mediocre QBs around the league.

Bottom line is their O looks very, very bad. THeir D looks more and more mediocre. I think the only reason they get press is that they are in NY. Had all this happened in Cleveland or Seattle or Arizona or St Louis or Tennessee or almost anywhere else their would be the sound of crickets every time the team was brought up on TV.

I hope the Jets do well enough to keep Ryan and Sanchez. I'm not sure that is likely.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread makes one thing perfectly clear to me...

I hate the new quoting system.

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Dude, even as a jets fan you have to admit that they are terrible. Sundays game was even worse than the score indicated and there will be lots more games like that this season. The Jets won't win 5 games this year, they are just that bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

wow. lay an egg against the 49ers and the jets are ready to rebuild? fire rex?  I couldnt read this whole thread with the stupid quotes but man, you all need to chill the f out.  Beating your chests because you beat the bills?  and the jets beat them much more convincingly than you guys just did.  Yet, when the jets did it, it was the bills that suck. now you pull one out against them and you are on your way to the superbowl. as the king idiot on this board would say "you just can t make this stuff up". 

Carry on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow. lay an egg against the 49ers and the jets are ready to rebuild? fire rex?  I couldnt read this whole thread with the stupid quotes but man, you all need to chill the f out.  Beating your chests because you beat the bills?  and the jets beat them much more convincingly than you guys just did.  Yet, when the jets did it, it was the bills that suck. now you pull one out against them and you are on your way to the superbowl. as the king idiot on this board would say "you just can t make this stuff up". 

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

Do any of these morons have an idea that you can delete a whole lot of the quoted text?

Funny how much more the Bills falling apart late in the game means than the Patriots falling apart late in two games.

[/QUOTE]

I remember Crusty saying that the Jets barely beat the bills.  Nothing he posts surprises me, absolutely nothing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

All that and they're 2-2 in first place and 2-0 in the division.  Impressive.  Imagine what their record would be if they had Tom Brady and drafted the 2 best defensive players in the 2012 draft..... maybe they could be....2-2?

[/QUOTE]

There's 2-2 and there's 2-2.  Which team do you think has a better future--the team that got crushed at home, failing to score a single point, or the team that went on the road, had a bad half, but then regrouped and completely destroyed their opponent, setting or tying numerous records for points scored? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All that and they're 2-2 in first place and 2-0 in the division.  Impressive.  Imagine what their record would be if they had Tom Brady and drafted the 2 best defensive players in the 2012 draft..... maybe they could be....2-2?

[/QUOTE]

There's 2-2 and there's 2-2.  Which team do you think has a better future--the team that got crushed at home, failing to score a single point, or the team that went on the road, had a bad half, but then regrouped and completely destroyed their opponent, setting or tying numerous records for points scored? 

[/QUOTE]

I suppose that depends if it was the Patriots team that faced the Cardinals or the Patriot team that faced the Bills and the Jets team that faced the 9ers or the Jets team that faced the Bills.  

[/QUOTE]

I suppose that losing by two points on a missed field goal to the Cardinals is equivalent to being humiliated 37-0 by the Forty-Niners?  The Jets beat the Bills at home and could not score as many points as the Patriots scored against Buffalo on the road.

I would say that if a head coach cannot bear to look at his team for two days, that team might be in trouble. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow. I can't believe we layed an egg against the 49ers and the jets are ready to rebuild! fire rex!  I couldnt read this whole thread, my skull started to hurt, with the insightful quotes but man, you all need to chill the f out.  Beating your chests because you beat the bills?  the jets beat them far less convincingly than you guys just did.   as the king on this board would say "you just can t make this stuff up". 

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

Do any of these highly intelligent sports geniuses have an idea that you can delete a whole lot of the quoted text? Because I wasn't aware of that until it was pointed out by a NE fan.

Funny how much more the Bills falling apart late in the game means than the Patriots falling apart late in two games. But, I envy them for not having to suffer along with the sprialing to doom Jets.

[/QUOTE]

This is much more fun that deleting.

Sections
Shortcuts