Pats Won Despite Bellicheck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck:
    In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck :      Right you are. The Patriots won despite Brady...not BB. Tom was terrible yesterday.    
    Posted by TexasPat

No, that's not what I said either.  Don't use me to push your ritarded anti-Brady agenda.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : PL, I agree but on #1 TB clearly threw the ball despite two Raven defenders being in position -- that one is on Tom alone.  I actualy like the idea of catching them off guard, but if Slater isn't open then go somewhere else.  And let's face it, the two Raven defenders make a hell of a play on that ball -- 90% of the time that's just an incompletion.  I think the Pats were looking to stick the stilletto in the ribs rather than just being methodical after the Ravens' turnover.  If they kill the clock there and score, the Ravens are in trouble...
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Precisely. The Pats pride themselves on situational football. To me, that was the worst call/throw to make in that situation. In great field position, first down, all you need to do is methodolically move the ball, take time off the clock and put up anotehr score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : No, Glenr, I'm a Homer frustrated with the crap play calling. Why would we stick TB's neck into the endzone 3 consecutive times, except to make him the second coming of Peyton in the worst way. Who as a fan wasn't frustrated by the overly timid, over wrought play calling ?
    Posted by tonetone

Sure you are. That's why you have a whopping 9 posts in 5 years and your profile is set to private so no one can see your previous comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In the 4th Quarter worse Clock Management game I've seen since BB got here. Sorry that was on the Coaches. Rookies are told to not throw into Double Coverage, thats on Brady. I still like to know why Pats Coaches wanted to give an extra TO to the Ravens. 1:58 left in the game 3rd and 3 an incomplete pass stops the clock, then stops again on change of possesion, extra TO. Not smart football, definetly not knowing situational football that BB stresses. He was right, the Players won this game. Thank you Pats Defense, played a heck of a game.
    Posted by bobbysu

My biggest complaint would be not running the ball on our last posession. We need some formations with BJGE in the backfield that lead to play action. The empty backfield telegraphs a passing play and it seemed like ( I know I'm wrong ) every time BJGE was in we ran. Does anyone know if we ran a single play action yesterday?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : No, that's not what I said either.  Don't use me to push your ritarded anti-Brady agenda.
    Posted by shenanigan

Why is pointing out that Brady could have been better a 'ritarded anti-Brady agenda'? Brady didn't have a problem saying it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB and staff aren't perfect. But he is the best head coach around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Pats Won Despite Bellicheck:
    Take a kneee with 60 seconds left to the half ? Well, ok, but then take a 60 yd shot to Slater on first down. BB is losing it. I don't trust in Bill!!!!!! I forgot to add, nice challenge to Gronk's catch on the 3 ydline!!!!
    Posted by tonetone

agreed - we should fire BB and hire Rex Ryan instead !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : My biggest complaint would be not running the ball on our last posession. We need some formations with BJGE in the backfield that lead to play action. The empty backfield telegraphs a passing play and it seemed like ( I know I'm wrong ) every time BJGE was in we ran. Does anyone know if we ran a single play action yesterday?
    Posted by glenr

Two that I definitely remember are the missed TD to Gronk where Brady overthrew him and the bomb to Slater that resulted in an INT.  There were a few others, but I don't remember exactly which plays they were.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck :      Right you are. The Patriots won despite Brady...not BB. Tom was terrible yesterday.    
    Posted by TexasPat

We won despite a lot of things. It's not like Brady was the only screwup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady is his own harshest critic which is why he's as good as he is.  He did not play as well as he should have for much of the game yesterday and made some poor choices and some bad throws.  Doubt he will play like that in the SB. 

Couple of questionable coaching decisions as well.  One that really sticks out is the failure to challenge the Gronk catch on the sideline.  Replay showed it as a good catch; official ruled him out of bounds. 

BB said it best: wasn't perfect but there were two good teams pounding on each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : Why is pointing out that Brady could have been better a 'ritarded anti-Brady agenda'? Brady didn't have a problem saying it.
    Posted by glenr

That's not what he was saying.  He said the Pats won despite Brady.  Maybe you weren't around the board, but TP has said repeatedly that it was Brady's fault that he had his ACL torn in 08 because he was "walking around in a fog during the game"and blah, blah, blah, pschoanalysis on people he doesn't know anything about.  He has nothing but negativity for Brady every week.  Many people around here haven't read his BS long enough to realize it, but he is a troll who only wants to talk about the Colts all day long.  Believe me, you'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : No, that's not what I said either.  Don't use me to push your ritarded anti-Brady agenda.
    Posted by shenanigan

TexasPat is a stupid f***ing troll and anyone who likes his idiotic posts is a troll too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This team is all about adjustments, BB wanted to go into the locker room and make them instead of risking a TO. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by shenanigan

That is the truth, right there.  The Brady hate baffles me.  He is human, and has ups and downs.  Performance is like that.  Glad he manned up about it.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I thought BB called a nice game yesterday overall. only 2 plays I take issue with , and these I think are on TB and OB.. 1. TB's bomb to Slater 2. 3rd and 7 pass to Hernandez who was blanketed by Reed. I think at this point I would have run the ball and forced the Ravens to burn 1 of their 2 timeouts remaining. If you don't get it, it still takes a ton of time off the clock, or the Ravens using a timeout. Kick it on 4th down anyway.
    Posted by PatsLifer

AGREE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

BB the coach got us to the Super Bowl.

BB is the player personnel director got us:

Brian Waters, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, Gerard Warren, and on the down side:

Edelman and Slater your deep threats.

It would be nice to have Cruz, Nicks, Calvin Johnson, Jennings, as another option besides Gronk and AH.

I know Ochocinco to the rescue.  Is he still on team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : TexasPat is a stupid f***ing troll and anyone who likes his idiotic posts is a troll too.
    Posted by mighty2012

Temper tantrum?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : That is the truth, right there.  The Brady hate baffles me.  He is human, and has ups and downs.  Performance is like that.  Glad he manned up about it.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Who is 'hating' on Brady?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

BB the coach got us to the Super Bowl. BB is the player personnel director got us: Brian Waters, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, Gerard Warren, and on the down side: Edelman and Slater your deep threats. It would be nice to have Cruz, Nicks, Calvin Johnson, Jennings, as another option besides Gronk and AH. I know Ochocinco to the rescue.  Is he still on team.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Agree with you on BB.  How about the Patriot's D Vs. the Jet's D or the Raven's D? Who else could coach a group filled with mostly a bunch of undrafted or cast off's from other teams to reach the Super Bowl but BB?

Sure, I'd like to see Calvin Johnson and or Jennings on the Patriots too.  But this isn't Fantasy Football.  There are limitations on Franchise Players for a reason. Plus all these great players have to be paid and there is only so much money to go around so teams have to spend wisely.  Look at the Colts and the Jets for examples of concentrating too much money on too few players.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Last time I checked, Bill doesn't play any positions on the field.  He prepares a game plan, makes adjustments throughout the game.  It wasn't Bill that undertrough that deep pass which, IMHO, shouldn't have even been attempted with a guy whose caught one pass all year. 

The thing I will fault Bill with, was his failure to challenge the bad call on Gronk being out of bounds.  That would have kept a nice drive alive and would have most likely led to 7 instead of three, which means we wouldn't have had the Ravens able to tie it with a field goal. 

Other than that, Tom's right, he sucked. The D played big and will hopefully have Tom realize this isn't the regular season D.  They play well enough to win now and Tom doesn't have to put up huge numbers to win. So he would stop trying to force the ball and play relaxed. 

Unfortunatly, I think he walks away from yesterday's game putting more pressure on himself.  That has been a disaster since the last Superbowl. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

except for this secretive troll post

its just incredibl............y pathetic.... there is more negativity than celebraton on this board...

get a f***in clue !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : Who is 'hating' on Brady?
    Posted by glenr

I am left to assume you don't read.  Can't help you with THAT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I still have no problem with the play that was called.  However, Brady should not have thrown the ball into that coverage.  And, no, I'm not backing off my earlier post in this thread; I'm merely agreeing with those who postd that Brady attempting to hit Slater was the wrong choice.
    Posted by ATJ

Don't forget, that interception was an incredible play by the two Ravens - the first skying to tip it, and the second managing to just get it and roll before it hit the ground. I was at the game, and that pass was clearly overthrown - perhaps Tom just blew it, but I think he intentionally tried to overthrow it to keep it from getting intercepted; he just didn't overthrow it quite enough - another inch higher and that Raven wouldn't have reached it. It was a major momentum killer for sure, and Tom clearly was not having his best day. 

As far as the OP - well, its not worth commenting on that inane thought.

Sections
Shortcuts