Pats Won Despite Bellicheck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck

In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck:
    [QUOTE]except for this secretive troll post its just incredibl............y pathetic.... there is more negativity than celebraton on this board... get a f***in clue !
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I would almost rather do battle with Jet, Colt or Charger Trolls.   I can't understand it.  

I do understand that to discuss what could have been done better is absolutely fine.  I'm sure BB and the Team are doing exactly that.  But the Tone here has been much more negative than I could have ever imagined.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Pats Won Despite Bellicheck:
    [QUOTE]Take a kneee with 60 seconds left to the half ? Well, ok, but then take a 60 yd shot to Slater on first down. BB is losing it. I don't trust in Bill!!!!!! I forgot to add, nice challenge to Gronk's catch on the 3 ydline!!!!
    Posted by tonetone[/QUOTE]

OK, here are my takes:

1 - The missed challenge:  No matter how many times I looked at it, Gronk had possession with one foot still on the ground, the other foot came down in bounds and then, and only then, did he step out of bounds.  I couldn't believe he didn't challenge it -- and it was in the first half, no less.

2 - The bomb was incredibly stupid.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  All he had to do was work his way down about 20 or thirty yards and he was in scoring range.  Also, he would have taken time off the clock and given the D a chance to rest.  I think that was Brady's decision.

3 - I disagreed with taking the knee, but I understood it.  They were on their own eleven, Balt. has a very good D, and the last thing you want is a mistake just before the half.  Also, they were getting the ball at the beginning of the second half.  Finally, Brady had not been exactly "accurate" up till then.  So, better safe than sorry.

Now here is an interesting thought about "possibilities".  Suppose they didn't take a knee and Brady moved them down for a field goal.  With nothing else changing, at the end of the game with Balt on the Pats 11 and fourth down, no way they go for a field goal since they are down since.  They would have been forced to go for a TD.  That means no shanked FG attempt.  Suppose they actually converted on fourth down.  Season over.

Of course, if the Queen had two you-know-whats, she would be king.Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Pats win year after year because of Belichick!!!!!

What kind of crack are you guys smoking?  Getting this far with this particular team is a tremendous coaching feat.  With this odd collection of talent, any other coach would be 8-8 at best. Bill Belichick may end up bringing home the Lombardi! Be thankful . . . some of you fans have no idea how lucky we are to have such a talented and brilliant coach. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The 60yard attempt was dumb. I will give you that. We had just picked off Flacco with 7 mins or so to go. We had the ball at the 50 after the run back. Work the clock and drive the ball down field. That was almost a costly pick and play after an outstanding interecption.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

a couple of coaching moves bothered me....

- the use of edelman covering boldin with the game on the line...are you kidding me????

- not using the clock on the drive after the interception...really, a bomb??? what could wrong there with the Ravens D???

- playing the game on the Ravens terms....where was our no huddle???...they should have been gasping for air by the second quarter...i think that took Brady a little out of his rythym

- Going to Welker too much and not enough to Gronk...Brady gets the blame for that...he forced the ball to Wes way too much there...

On the plus side - our lines were pretty impressive and Wilfork/defense were very physical

Brady is being too critical...he didnt suck...he just wasnt awesome...but the diving goal line score was as gutsy as i have seen in that situation

Ahernadez is simply a terror in so many ways...we got to use our TE's as our primary means of moving the ball against the Giants...

Sterling!!!!!! that almost made me forget about the Giants superbowl catch...almost...

I think we will be better prepared/more confident against the Giants this time around!!!!

GO PATS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

BB also wasted a fourth round draft pick on a kicker.  Even the Ravens were smart enough not to waste a draft pick on a kicker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : OK, here are my takes: 1 - The missed challenge:  No matter how many times I looked at it, Gronk had possession with one foot still on the ground, the other foot came down in bounds and then, and only then, did he step out of bounds.  I couldn't believe he didn't challenge it -- and it was in the first half, no less. 2 - The bomb was incredibly stupid.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  All he had to do was work his way down about 20 or thirty yards and he was in scoring range.  Also, he would have taken time off the clock and given the D a chance to rest.  I think that was Brady's decision. 3 - I disagreed with taking the knee, but I understood it.  They were on their own eleven, Balt. has a very good D, and the last thing you want is a mistake just before the half.  Also, they were getting the ball at the beginning of the second half.  Finally, Brady had not been exactly "accurate" up till then.  So, better safe than sorry. Now here is an interesting thought about "possibilities".  Suppose they didn't take a knee and Brady moved them down for a field goal.  With nothing else changing, at the end of the game with Balt on the Pats 11 and fourth down, no way they go for a field goal since they are down since.  They would have been forced to go for a TD.  That means no shanked FG attempt.  Suppose they actually converted on fourth down.  Season over. Of course, if the Queen had two you-know-whats, she would be king.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

LOL reminds me of a locker room quote I heard back in High School "In inch more, he'd be King, an inch less, he'd be Queen." 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]a couple of coaching moves bothered me.... - the use of edelman covering boldin with the game on the line...are you kidding me???? - not using the clock on the drive after the interception...really, a bomb??? what could wrong there with the Ravens D??? - playing the game on the Ravens terms....where was our no huddle???...they should have been gasping for air by the second quarter...i think that took Brady a little out of his rythym - Going to Welker too much and not enough to Gronk...Brady gets the blame for that...he forced the ball to Wes way too much there... On the plus side - our lines were pretty impressive and Wilfork/defense were very physical Brady is being too critical...he didnt suck...he just wasnt awesome...but the diving goal line score was as gutsy as i have seen in that situation Ahernadez is simply a terror in so many ways...we got to use our TE's as our primary means of moving the ball against the Giants... Sterling!!!!!! that almost made me forget about the Giants superbowl catch...almost... I think we will be better prepared/more confident against the Giants this time around!!!! GO PATS
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Brady is probably playing a mental game with himself. If he thinks he completely sucked and uses it to motivate himself during the next two weeks and in Indy who is to argue with him? Nobody can argue that he isn't capable of playing better. He wants to play a perfect game every game. That's why he's the best QB ever.

As for coaching mistakesquestions....funny that I haven't seen much on why the Ravens coaching staff ran the kicking team out on the play clock and attempted such an important kick without using their time out. Not that I'm complaining

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's amazing to me how many posters on this site could do a better job coaching the team than Bill Belichick.  I guess you must all make a heck of a lot of money, because his job pays millions a year and despite all your vast coaching expertise you're apparently content to just let him keep it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : I am left to assume you don't read.  Can't help you with THAT.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Now that was mature Dave. I have yet to read the word 'hate' in any post pointing out his subpar performance. No one says he stinks and everyone expects him to use yesterday as motivation for the next two weeks. Why is this an issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The 60 yard INT was dumb as much because where the ball was thrown as anything else. A pass that stays in the air that long towards the middle of the field gives too much time for defenders to converge on the ball from either side. Better off trying something like that down the sidelines where there's less a chance it will be picked off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

In Response to Pats Won Despite Bellicheck:
      Yes your right lets fire BB right now.
     I'm sure we can find a couch who has never called a trick play that didn't work or who never played it safe when they had the lead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : Hard for the offense to be off because of a guy who averages a couple of snaps a game.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

I concur with you, but what I meant is on the same line as another poster, why didn't they run the no-huddle?  When they don't run the no-huddle, Ochocinco is a part of those play options and with him inactive, those plays lessen the options available.  That's what I meant.  And also, you can say the same about Ridley being inactive as well.  There are certain plays that would have been designed with him in mind that wasn't at their desposal either, like it was during the end of the regular season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats Won Despite Bellicheck : That's not what he was saying.  He said the Pats won despite Brady.  Maybe you weren't around the board, but TP has said repeatedly that it was Brady's fault that he had his ACL torn in 08 because he was "walking around in a fog during the game"and blah, blah, blah, pschoanalysis on people he doesn't know anything about.  He has nothing but negativity for Brady every week.  Many people around here haven't read his BS long enough to realize it, but he is a troll who only wants to talk about the Colts all day long.  Believe me, you'll see.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I actually like TP's opinions but his anti Tom Brady ratings can be annoying.  Just yesterday he acted like he never said any of this stuff when i called him on it. Brady had a subpar game but to act like he was not a major catalyst for a team that scored 23 points against arguably the best defense in the nfl is silly. Pats fans have become spoiled beyond reason.