Pats Work Out Brady Quinn

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Pats Work Out Brady Quinn

Possibly.  Or it could be that BB's just filling up his speed dial list.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This falls in line with my theory that Mallett will be dealt after being showcased in preseason.  I would not be shocked to see BB pull the trigger. We'll know soon enough.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11296522/free-agent-qb-brady-quinn-works-new-england-patriots" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11296522/free-agent-qb-brady-quinn-works-new-england-patriots

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Just what is it that they will showcase?  Are you still betting that BB will reel in a top 10 pick in the draft for RM, as you claimed he would the year after that bust was drafted?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Isn't Charlie Weiss close to Quinn? He was in town the other day at camp visiting with belichick, maybe this is just a favor deal? One coach talking to another, trying to get his old pupil another shot...because I can't think of another realistic reason why BB would even take a look at a guy like Quinn, the guy is garbage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Then there was this today on Patriots.com:

Maybe another back up is necessary?

--Garoppolo struggled leading his offense in team action. He spun out of a possible sack and then threw the ball high on one rep and was sacked on the next. Then he badly overthrew Houston down the right sideline when the back had a step on Chris White in coverage. Mixed in with all his incompletions, Garoppolo also ran into Jonas Gray on a handoff. The young player continues to struggle to get any rhythm when on the field.

--Mallett wasn’t much better. He had the interception, badly missed a deep ball to Derrick Johnson, turned the wrong way on a handoff and was sacked. Not a great showing for the fourth-year veteran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

--Garoppolo struggled leading his offense in team action. He spun out of a possible sack and then threw the ball high on one rep and was sacked on the next. Then he badly overthrew Houston down the right sideline when the back had a step on Chris White in coverage. Mixed in with all his incompletions, Garoppolo also ran into Jonas Gray on a handoff. The young player continues to struggle to get any rhythm when on the field.

--Mallett wasn’t much better. He had the interception, badly missed a deep ball to Derrick Johnson, turned the wrong way on a handoff and was sacked. Not a great showing for the fourth-year veteran.

NOT GOOD! And to think the Pats could have had a top 5 TE at the 2nd round.  I know, still early but Mallet has never impressed in preseason, no way could he pull a Cassell if TFB went down and Garoppolo is a long, long, long way away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This falls in line with my theory that Mallett will be dealt after being showcased in preseason.  I would not be shocked to see BB pull the trigger. We'll know soon enough.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11296522/free-agent-qb-brady-quinn-works-new-england-patriots" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11296522/free-agent-qb-brady-quinn-works-new-england-patriots

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

I feel like I've been saying this for 3 years, but I'll say it again.  Mallett won't be traded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NOT GOOD! And to think the Pats could have had a top 5 TE at the 2nd round.  I know, still early but Mallet has never impressed in preseason, no way could he pull a Cassell if TFB went down and Garoppolo is a long, long, long way away.

[/QUOTE]

*yawn*. Whatever Donkey lover.  Your beloved team took Osweiler in the 2nd round.  He was a bum at ASU. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

*yawn*. Whatever Donkey lover.  Your beloved team took Osweiler in the 2nd round.  He was a bum at ASU. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm a Donkey lover because I told everyone that the Broncos were the team to beat last season?  LMAO at you and Rusty.  Just face it, another prediction I was correct on.  I just can't be beat here.  Certainly not by you and Rusty, haha!! You know, the sad thing is the Broncos still have a better WR corps then our Parts have.  That's pretty pathetic.  You would have thought BB would have brought some talent in after last seasons blunder.  Doesn't he learn?  Still no vertical threat, something that has hurt this team since Moss left.  And don't try and push Dobson as a vertical threat, the dude has been in a walking boot all off season.  How much better can he get while in a walking boot.  SMH.  So go pick some wheat and leave the football talk to the big boys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Imo

there was no te worth taking in the higher rounds

mallett had also an awesome day earlier in TC

mallet is going nowhere. If anything happens to TB this year anytime, mallet will be first upand if shudder TB is perm done he will be next year too

brady Quinn is a mid season pick up type I n that case. There is nothing that. Quinn can do that mallet cannot, and mallet has a cannon

mallet knows the offense and if they don't pass as much without TB , they  will run more, which mallet can do

Lastly, I seriously doubt that Mallet would be here 3 yrs and BB would keep him if mallet couldn't play.or as bad as you guys say. i had liked  Hoyer the most, he has done well for himself, and Bb kept Mallett

I reserve all opinion on jg, he hasca steep learning curve, would there be any possibility of the PS? Not probably, but wish he went there

i am also unaware of any other qb that's worth taking. Even as a reserve during the season

its easy to rag on mallett, I wont

but like it or not if TB is hurt our best and only shot is Mallett

And I will root for him, with bb devising game plans for him that will work

if I am wrong I won't hide lol

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

"The writing is on the wall". The Pats are not comfortable with what they are getting from Garoppolo and are seeking contingency plans. If Brady were to go down and Mallet was to take over, the Pats are not comfortable with Garop being the backup. Weiss possibly was a consultant to evaluate Garop and definitely advocated for his old student, Quinn.

If I were a Pats offensive coach I would be asking myself some questions: What will it take to get Garop to a basic competency level to justify him making the final 53? If he does not improve in camp, will I keep him anyway to give him time to mature or will I try to stick him on the PS?

And If I were Garop I would be worried and trying to get back to the player I know that I have been in the past...

Good luck, Jim. We will all be watching you to see how you fair in the trial by fire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't Charlie Weiss close to Quinn? He was in town the other day at camp visiting with belichick, maybe this is just a favor deal? One coach talking to another, trying to get his old pupil another shot...because I can't think of another realistic reason why BB would even take a look at a guy like Quinn, the guy is garbage.

[/QUOTE]

This^

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Garoppollo pick was puzzling one.  I initially thought that BB anticipated a draft-night trade with a team that really wanted him, but it fell through and we got stuck with him.  

Maybe he was always viewed by the Pats as a 3 year development project.  Maybe he'll come around.  Maybe Tavon Wilson will come around too.  Maybe a I'll find a $100 in my back pocket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People said the same thing about Cassell, no way he could win a game if TFB went down, till he pulled a Cassell when TFB went down. Brady was also a long long way away his first year in the NFL. According to reports he was pretty much stinking out the place that first training camp. On top of that, any tight end they picked wouldn't even be on the team in two years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Garop.... a 3 year development project....OK, I can see that...

but that is a long time to carry someone who absorbs a roster spot, especially when the QB position is the most difficult position to predict success in the NFL....there are more 1st round QB washouts then any other position.

But, the point is well taken. We need to give Garop time, at least a year before we expect anything at all from him...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Garoppollo pick was puzzling one.  I initially thought that BB anticipated a draft-night trade with a team that really wanted him, but it fell through and we got stuck with him.  

Maybe he was always viewed by the Pats as a 3 year development project.  Maybe he'll come around.  Maybe Tavon Wilson will come around too.  Maybe a I'll find a $100 in my back pocket.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see a QB coming at that spot but the Pats had a few others guys in before the draft. If they really liked JG, it was probably their only realistic draft slot to be able to select him. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a preseason game and how he performs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The point has been made that TB stunk up training camp his 1st year. Ok, true enough. But there are 2 major differences between TB's situation and Garop's: History and Pressure.

When Brady was drafted in the 6th round none of us paid attention. He was the 4th QB on the team and there was no pressure on him to develop. No one, media included, cared about TB. It gave him time to develop his skills and learn the position w/o pressure. The situation is very different for Garop today.

Garop is coming into a situation where he is being asked to fill the shoes of one of the greatest NFL QB's of all time who has led his team to 5 SB appearances and 3 SB wins and whose team has never had a losing season since he took over the reigns. The Pats whole history has had an 180 degree turn since the arrival of TB and the force of that History and the Pressure it exerts are powerful. Garop has all eyes focused on him to carry the tradition forward. That is difficult for anyone let alone someone coming out of a Division II school.

I don't admire the situation he is in NE. If he succeeds, it will be unlikely but if he does it will a greater feat than Carl Yastremski succeeding Ted Williams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

there aren't too many players that the pats don't bring in to get a 'folder' on them.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^ This Times 1,000

Sections
Shortcuts