Pats work out DE/OLB Quentin Moses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Pats work out DE/OLB Quentin Moses

The pats have worked out former miami dolphin quentin moses. dont know much about him but hes 6'5 260 pounds. heres his bio from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Moses

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Pats work out DE/OLB Quentin Moses

he's more of a depth move or ST move then trying to find a difference maker. A JAG camp body if they sign him

I think they are determined to find their 34 OLB/43 DE hybrid and want to check everyone out. From what Brock tweeted I'm guessing they made either/both Roth and him an offer and see which one takes first. I think because of age Roth received a higher offer or is looking for a bigger one while Brock is going for dirt cheap and has to mull over which team he wants to go to for close to the vet min. Heck they might bring in both and see which one works out better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I think because of age Roth received a higher offer or is looking for a bigger one while Brock is going for dirt cheap and has to mull over which team he wants to go to for close to the vet min"

Raheem Brock had a career high 9 sacks last yr as a situational pass rusher.  Guys who can get to the QB are always in demand.  I think he will do better than a deal near the vet minimum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

The pats could use a few more LB's...I wish they had grabbed Herzlich and the kid from West Virginia went down with an injury

Here's a cool site to check out for Pats coverage...pretty good stuff
    60maxpowero.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Pats work out DE/OLB Quentin Moses:
    [QUOTE]"I think because of age Roth received a higher offer or is looking for a bigger one while Brock is going for dirt cheap and has to mull over which team he wants to go to for close to the vet min" Raheem Brock had a career high 9 sacks last yr as a situational pass rusher.  Guys who can get to the QB are always in demand.  I think he will do better than a deal near the vet minimum .
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Guys who can get to the QB generally do get better contracts but a 33 yr old situational pass rusher in a weak division not known for Olines who more then doubled his career sack average and had a large career spike for 1 year doesn't receive a lot of demand. The reason is because you don't know if it was a factor do to the division, a one year spike, or if at his age can he repeat it.

If he was younger then I'd agree he'd get paid big but at his age and a one year spike I doubt he'll get a large payday from anyone. Most likely 1 year deals in the 1-2mil range but there could be a ton of incentives if he can replicate his sack total

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"If he was younger then I'd agree he'd get paid big but at his age and a one year spike I doubt he'll get a large payday from anyone."

Can't argue with that.  I never said he's get a big or long-term deal.  Just think he can do better than vet minimum on a 1 yr deal.