Pats work out two DT's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Pats work out two DT's

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4750396/patriots-work-out-two-defensive-tackles

The team has a pair of in-house options to promote from the practice squad in A.J. Francis and Marcus Forston, but they also have looked at outside options as they had a pair of defensive tackles in for a tryout on Friday: DaJohn Harris and Marcus Dixon.

I'd like to see both Forston and A.J Francis moved up since there are two roster sports open currently, interesting to see what BB does

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Pats work out two DT's

Doubt they sign anyone, it's Vallone and Jones' job to lose till Armstead comes back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Doubt they sign anyone, it's Vallone and Jones' job to lose till Armstead comes back. 

i hope Armstead is what they seem to think he will be.

it would still be nice to bring up Francis for the game sunday to add depth. Kelly can't play 100% of snaps

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Armstead is a really interesting play all of a sudden.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Been curious to see what Armstead will bring since they signed him.  He'll get his chance soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reiss has an interesting take on where we are at today....

If the PAts win 3 of the next 4 games, they pretty much wrap up a spot in the playoffs. Anything can happen once they are in, and they have the rest of the season to get healthy, reaclimate the injured players back into the mix, and position the team to be in peak form for the playoffs.

THey dont make any player moves of note, other than some PS shuffling on and off the roster, and the Ventrone treatment to some guys who are happy to be hear and still collecting a nice paycheck (Cole) because circumstances dictate that they dont have to. The remaining cap $$$ are used to ease next years cap crunch...with Talib, Wendell and maybe McCourty candidates to extend depending on who is ameniable to a team friendly contract 

Seems quite likely the "will they trade for player X" and do they "try to entice player Y" simply is wasted breath...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4750396/patriots-work-out-two-defensive-tackles

The team has a pair of in-house options to promote from the practice squad in A.J. Francis and Marcus Forston, but they also have looked at outside options as they had a pair of defensive tackles in for a tryout on Friday: DaJohn Harris and Marcus Dixon.

I'd like to see both Forston and A.J Francis moved up since there are two roster sports open currently, interesting to see what BB does

I think they'll bring up Forston today.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the free agent signings this off season left a lot to be desired and they left themselves paper thin at the defensive tackle spot. The two guys they brought in for workouts are a joke...one of them (DaJohn Harris) looks like he just woke up from a coma and the other is best known for raping an underage girl.

Dixon is also known for being prosecuted in a high-profile court case when, as a high school student, he was convicted in May 2003 for the "aggravated molestation" of Kristie Brown, an underage girl. These charges were later overturned and dropped to statutory rape.[1][2]