Pats workout 2 PS eligible QBs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats workout 2 PS eligible QBs

Not sure if anyone caught this or not but the Pats worked out two PS eligible QBs today

If they are looking for PS QBs they won't be using Tebow as a practice QB. Looks like this might be the end for Tebow

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/08/patriots_work_out_two_quarterbacks.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Pats workout 2 PS eligible QBs

What for? tebow threw the most tds of pre season.

"Defense Wins Championships"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Mallet has more

But Tebow does have the most int's, had the most sacks for negative yrds, had the lowest QBR, and had the lowest completion % all against 3rd string Ds. Again why waste a 53man spot on him if you can pick up a PS eligible who can give you the same?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's also thrown the most int's, had the most sacks for negative yrds, had the lowest QBR, and had the lowest completion % all against 3rd string Ds. Again why waste a 53man spot on him if you can pick up a PS eligible who can give you the same?

[/QUOTE]

Probably because none of the practice squad guys lead their NFL teams to a winning record and a playoff win in Pitt, or lead their college teams to national championships, or has the respect of BB and from what it looked like on the side lines the respect of every player on the team. But what do I know, I must be brain washed by the tebow cult, becuase nothing of what i said above is true....right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Probably because none of the practice squad guys lead their NFL teams to a winning record and a playoff win in Pitt, or lead their college teams to national championships, or has the respect of BB and from what it looked like on the side lines the respect of every player on the team. But what do I know, I must be brain washed by the tebow cult, becuase nothing of what i said above is true....right?

lol plenty of players have the respect of their teammates and BB but they don't always have the talent. BTW look at the Heismen wins of the past. Except for Palmer not a single QB who's "won" in college was any good in the pro's for the last 30 yrs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

lol plenty of players have the respect of their teammates and BB but they don't always have the talent. BTW look at the Heismen wins of the past. Except for Palmer not a single QB who's "won" in college was any good in the pro's for the last 30 yrs

[/QUOTE]

Cam Newton and RG III, albeit a small sample size, are pretty good though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not sure if anyone caught this or not but the Pats worked out two PS eligible QBs today

If they are looking for PS QBs they won't be using Tebow as a practice QB. Looks like this might be the end for Tebow

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/08/patriots_work_out_two_quarterbacks.html

Stop ruining it for me!

Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Mallet has more

But Tebow does have the most int's, had the most sacks for negative yrds, had the lowest QBR, and had the lowest completion % all against 3rd string Ds. Again why waste a 53man spot on him if you can pick up a PS eligible who can give you the same?

[/QUOTE]

I bet you scrambled to look that one up....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hey, Eng did Tebow steal your lunch money before or after he sucker punched you in the bean bag?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RGIII never won a championship since 00' it has been:

• Heupel
    • Dorsey
    • Krenzel
    • Mauck
    • Leinart
    • Young
    • Leak
    • Flynn
    • Tebow
    • McElroy
    • Newton
    • McCarron

Not a great list to be on

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey, Eng did Tebow steal your lunch money before or after he sucker punched you in the bean bag?

Nope he just doesn't deserve the cult treatment. Did he build you a house and bless your bean bag?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mallet has more

[/QUOTE]

I bet you scrambled to look that one up....

[/QUOTE]

took all of two seconds, I don't like to make stats up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• Heupel
    • Dorsey
    • Krenzel
    • Mauck
    • Leinart
    • Young
    • Leak
    • Flynn
    • Tebow
    • McElroy
    • Newton
    • McCarron

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it would sux to be a champion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think I'd rather be a good NFL QB then win a colege championship and not have a NFL career personally

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Nope he just doesn't deserve the cult treatment. Did he build you a house and bless your bean bag?

[/QUOTE]

Would you respect my point of view more so if I told you I worshiped satan and drank goat blood?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

I think I'd rather be a good NFL QB then win a colege championship and not have a NFL career personally

[/QUOTE]

Really?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Would you respect my point of view more so if I told you I worshiped satan and drank goat blood?

Actually wouldn't affect it at all because it's not football related. I would respect it if you actually took a hard look at Tebow as a QB and realize he just isn't that good and that no 3rd string QB is worth the hype he gets. I mean no other team but the Pats even sniffed at him yet he still has this following that he's a "winner". Would you respect my opinion more if 31 other teams and expert scouts all agreed with me that Tebow just isn't any good?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Dude you just have a huge hair across your reaerend over Tebow. It is so blatently obvious.

I don't know if he makes it or not and I would think they don't have the depth luxury to handle it but maybe the locker room benefits are enough, no idea. 

He makes some good throws and some horredous ones. Makes some athletic plays to escape Oline breakdowns that only a few could make, and then ultimatley comes from behind to win a game, more times than not in his career.

That is what he has been and still is, for the most part.

I found it more interesting that he threw a better endzone fade route than Mallet did and also interesting that SIms made better adjustments to the ball in the endzone than Dobson did even though Dobson has the size.

Someone had mentioned that at one point the Pats offense was 3 for 9 on third down passing conversions at one point in the game and Tebow had two of those. No idea if true but interesting if it is.

Your issue with Tebow is almost as bad as your issue with the Ras-I Dowling pick, going on and on about how he was injury riddled and anyone in their right mind would never have picked him. 

As a pro that has certainly been the case but the kid was a 4 year starter in college and through his first three seasons he missed only two games. He played in 34 of 36 games. He had a serious injury his sr. season and missed a lot of it.

There have been college players that were far more injury riddled and gone on to not have the issues in the pros, You never know how it will ultimatley go.

I'm sure you'll be the first one on here starting a thread the moment Amendola gets dinged up this season saying I told ya so to everyone.

You are one of the guys I will actually bother to read but lately your Monday morning GMing has been a bit much.

Let it go already. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually wouldn't affect it at all because it's not football related. I would respect it if you actually took a hard look at Tebow as a QB and realize he just isn't that good and that no 3rd string QB is worth the hype he gets. I mean no other team but the Pats even sniffed at him yet he still has this following that he's a "winner". Would you respect my opinion more if 31 other teams and expert scouts all agreed with me that Tebow just isn't any good?

[/QUOTE]

Now I get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Really?

I don't know ask Brady if he'd trade it all for a college championship, or Ryan, or Rodgers, or Manning, or Flacco, or really any QB who's made enough money off of being a NFL QB that them and their family never has to worry about money again. I bet you any QB who wo and now works a 9-5 would gladly trade it for a chance at being a starting caliber NFL QB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Dude you just have a huge hair across your reaerend over Tebow. It is so blatently obvious.

I don't know if he makes it or not and I would think they don't have the depth luxury to handle it but maybe the locker room benefits are enough, no idea. 

He makes some good throws and some horredous ones. Makes some athletic plays to escape Oline breakdowns that only a few could make, and then ultimatley comes from behind to win a game, more times than not in his career.

I found it more interesting that he threw a better endzone fade route than Mallet did and also interesting that SIms made better adjustments to the ball in the endzone than Dobson did even though Dobson has the size.

Someone had mentioned that at one point the Pats offense was 3 for 9 on third down passing conversions at one point in the game and Tebow had two of those. No idea if true but interesting if it is.

Your issue with Tebow is almost as bad as your issue with the Ras-I Dowling pick, going on and on about how he was injury riddled and anyone in their right mind would never have picked him. 

As a pro that has certainly been the case but the kid was a 4 year starter in college and through his first three seasons he missed only two games. He played in 34 of 36 games. He had a serious injury his sr. season and missed a lot of it.

There have been college players that were far more injury riddled and gone on to not have the issues in the pros, You never know how it will ultimatley go.

I'm sure you'll be the first one on here starting a thread the moment Amendola gets dinged up this season saying I told ya so to everyone.

You are one of the guys I will actually bother to read but lately your Monday morning GMing has been a bit much.

Let it go already. lol

Yep, I was wrong about Ras he's a great player

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• Heupel
    • Dorsey
    • Krenzel
    • Mauck
    • Leinart
    • Young
    • Leak
    • Flynn
    • Tebow
    • McElroy
    • Newton
    • McCarron

[/QUOTE]

My bad, didn't see the "won" part. Maybe Flynn will have a good year......if he can beat out Terrelle Pryor lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Let it go already. lol

I agree and it is why I have been ribbing him for it. If other guys spent this much time on Tebow I wouldn't bother but I like reading Patseng and think he is caught up in this one. This is essentially a 3rd string Qb who would be a developmental guy for BB and McD. He certainly has major issues throwing the ball but also certainly has intangibles conducive to winning.

I wasn't the only guy watching almost every one of his teammates genuinely happy to see him do well. A quality personality is contagious in a locker room and Tebow has it. I for one would like to see quality people on this team. Team first guys who do it the coaches way. Imo Tebow stays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah I'm a bit caught up on it and I will let it go honestly but I just can't stand how people keep thinking of him more than what his is, which is a great guy but a horrible QB. I'm just surrounded by it at work, family (heavy catholics), and sometimes on here. This is just me venting about here all the hype surrounding a player that is no better than Hoyer was. Please forgive me for venting just so tried of hearing about it.

But back to the orginal post, they brought in two PS eligible QBs. To me that's a smart move. I don't think we have the best depth in certain positions to use a 53man spot on a player that may or may not eventually develop when you can suggest a QB coach to work with him for a year, let him work for that year, and bring him back next year for another look after focusing on his mechanics for a whole year. What if that 53man spot is the difference between putting Gronk on PuP or not and getting him back 4 games earlier?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah I'm a bit caught up on it and I will let it go honestly but I just can't stand how people keep thinking of him more than what his is, which is a great guy but a horrible QB. I'm just surrounded by it at work, family (heavy catholics), and sometimes on here. This is just me venting about here all the hype surrounding a player that is no better than Hoyer was. Please forgive me for venting just so tried of hearing about it.

But back to the orginal post, they brought in two PS eligible QBs. To me that's a smart move. I don't think we have the best depth in certain positions to use a 53man spot on a player that may or may not eventually develop when you can suggest a QB coach to work with him for a year, let him work for that year, and bring him back next year for another look after focusing on his mechanics for a whole year. What if that 53man spot is the difference between putting Gronk on PuP or not and getting him back 4 games earlier?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Absolutely a legit concern. Yet, I think even though I may be in the minority, we need a kid like Tebow on this football team. It is my view point that the intangibles this kid does have out weighs the fact he will hopefully never play QB for us(due to Brady being the best QB in the lg and all). It has been my position that this football team has difficulty handling pressure situations and individuals on this team have came up short, doubted themselves in crunch time and not delivered. I think more leaders of men will help in that area.

In short I value leadership, hard work and dedication over prospects for the 3rd and 4rth string depth. I believe BB feels this way as well and this is why he signed Tebow and despite his terrible accuracy in the pre season this is why Tebow will remain a Patriot.

Sections
Shortcuts