Pats would be 7-0 with Welker.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Re: Pats would be 7-0 with Welker.

I'll take our chances with Thompkins/Dobson over Welker. Yes Welker will get you more regular season wins but fades out and drops big passes in the playoffs. Would Welker have made the catch Thompkins made to win vs. New Orleans? No way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

I'll take our chances with Thompkins/Dobson over Welker. Yes Welker will get you more regular season wins but fades out and drops big passes in the playoffs. Would Welker have made the catch Thompkins made to win vs. New Orleans? No way.

Give me a break.  Are you for real?  Please tell me you are trolling here because if you are being serious then it's amazing how many people are on this forum who either knows nothing about  football or is just plain biased to the max.  The Thompkins catch was much less impressive then the throw, actually the catch was pretty basic, I'm sure I could make that catch today.

Apparently you did not see the catches Welker made Sunday vs the Colts.  I don't see anyone on this team who could make those catches. 

We have no choice but to take our chances on Thompkins/Dobson, Welker is gone, tearing it up for the Broncos while Thompkins/Dopson are driving our HOF QB nuts with their terrible play.  They are so bad that TFB threw to Gronk all Sunday because those two couldn't get open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

can we just all come the conclusion that BB f'ed it up letting a WR that would've kept this O somewhat afloat over this season for a mere 6 Million dollars?? i mean ok Edelman is good but he still seems to f up a good amount and Brady gets mad at him as well. with welker brady could close his eyes from the snap and throw to a spot and WW would be there.

yes BB shoul've doled out the 6 mil to Welker to keep the pressure off the Rooks, keep the O afloat and most importantly keep TB12 happy.

whatever im over this whole WW thing. we need to focus on the guys on OUR team and worry about OUR offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to theshinez's comment:

Kind of tired of this "Welker" stuff.  He's gone. we need to get over it.  Too much money for a one trick pony who seemed to be limited in his catching abilities when the passes we'ren't perfect. Especially in the playoffs. 

Not only that, but Welkie signing with Denver compromised them from improving their D. Welkie ain't winning a SB in Denver, so he can pad those stats with Gomie in the nicer weather for as long as he wants.

Edelman fills the Welkie role just fine.

Our QB just needs to get his head out of his rectum. From fumbling snaps on the road to playing like CRAP on the road overall, he must improve.

Hahahahaha, Rusty is so jelous of Welker.  So jealous that he continues to tout Edelman under false pretenses.  It's pretty comical to see how desperate Rusty gets in trying to justify the dumb move of letting Welker get away.

Rusty:  "Welkie signing with Denver compromised them from improving their D"  Hahahahahaha!!!

Rusty:  "Edelman fills the Welkie role just fine."  Hahahahaha!!

Edelman isn't even in the same class as Welker.  Edleman still can not get open, can not adjust to the longer ball, still can not get separation.  Edelman can't carry Welkers jock.

OMG, Rusty, you are one pathetic loser!! 

Oh, and......

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to be great for the team. 

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to out play Welker this season.

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to be much more versatile then Welker.

Please tell me again how Amendola isn't injury prone.

While you are at it, go get your buddy RallyC and see if he would like to come back and face more humiliation from the claims he posted here about Amendola and Edelman.  That guy was a bigger joke then you.  Hahahaha!!  He even said Tebow would last the whole season and be a impact at TE.  Hahahaha!  You not only are a fraud but you align yourself with losers and frauds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Not only that, but Welkie signing with Denver compromised them from improving their D. Welkie ain't winning a SB in Denver, so he can pad those stats with Gomie in the nicer weather for as long as he wants.

Edelman fills the Welkie role just fine.

Our QB just needs to get his head out of his rectum. From fumbling snaps on the road to playing like CRAP on the road overall, he must improve.

Hahahahaha, Rusty is so jelous of Welker.  So jealous that he continues to tout Edelman under false pretenses.  It's pretty comical to see how desperate Rusty gets in trying to justify the dumb move of letting Welker get away.

Rusty:  "Welkie signing with Denver compromised them from improving their D"  Hahahahahaha!!!

Rusty:  "Edelman fills the Welkie role just fine."  Hahahahaha!!

Edelman isn't even in the same class as Welker.  Edleman still can not get open, can not adjust to the longer ball, still can not get separation.  Edelman can't carry Welkers jock.

OMG, Rusty, you are one pathetic loser!! 

Oh, and......

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to be great for the team. 

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to out play Welker this season.

Please tell me again how Amendola was going to be much more versatile then Welker.

Please tell me again how Amendola isn't injury prone.

While you are at it, go get your buddy RallyC and see if he would like to come back and face more humiliation from the claims he posted here about Amendola and Edelman.  That guy was a bigger joke then you.  Hahahaha!!  He even said Tebow would last the whole season and be a impact at TE.  Hahahaha!  You not only are a fraud but you align yourself with losers and frauds.

oooo burn. but he has a point Edelman is a good player for Welk if he nicked up an ankle or something. yes, he'd be a solid one-two week replacement. but a whole season? he's just as good as the rooks. the only i dont give Edelman shiz is because he is a great PR.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

can we just all come the conclusion that BB f'ed it up letting a WR that would've kept this O somewhat afloat over this season for a mere 6 Million dollars?? i mean ok Edelman is good but he still seems to f up a good amount and Brady gets mad at him as well. with welker brady could close his eyes from the snap and throw to a spot and WW would be there.

yes BB shoul've doled out the 6 mil to Welker to keep the pressure off the Rooks, keep the O afloat and most importantly keep TB12 happy.

whatever im over this whole WW thing. we need to focus on the guys on OUR team and worry about OUR offense.

Some people can not accept what you would like.  They just can not face the facts.

They continue to tout Edelman as this great WR. LOL!  A mediocre college QB turned WR in the NFl.  Yeah, what a great WR Edelman is.  Great move to keep him and let Welker get away.  Matter of fact, just to show how silly Rusty thinks, he still says a 3rd QB is not needed here because Edelman used to be a QB.  Hahaha!!  Did you see the pass Edelman threw to Talib a couple weeks ago on the ST's play?  Rusty has been beat on this forum so badly over the years that he has to be punch drunk.  His thoughts and ideas are ridiculous!!

oooo burn. but he has a point Edelman is a good player for Welk if he nicked up an ankle or something. yes, he'd be a solid one-two week replacement. but a whole season? he's just as good as the rooks. the only i dont give Edelman shiz is because he is a great PR.

Let me say this about Edelman, I love the dudes heart. The willingness to play any position to help the team.  Can not deny him that.  Not his fault he has such big shoes to fill.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Let me say this about Edelman, I love the dudes heart. The willingness to play any position to help the team.  Can not deny him that.  Not his fault he has such big shoes to fill.

very true point. agree completely.

i must say Rusty can talk defense though. he knows his shiz on defense. the moment we start talking offense every convo falls apart...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Welker played soccer and then walked on at Texas Tech.  Edelman was recruited as a football player from California to Kent St.

You seem to think it matters where you come from how you get to the NFL.

Fact is, Brady over-obsessed over Welker against BAD Ds in the regular season, developed bad habits and then it caught up to them in January and February.

Give a 1 million Edelman and the punt returns over a 6 million Welkie with more January disappoinements, thanks very much.

It's very clear that you did not watch our team pre 2007.

Fact:

Wes Welker can't hold Troy Brown's jock.

well no one can ever fill Brown's jock. the guy turned into a full time nickel DB when we needed it most. he was the definition of clutch.

•  

Not my fault.  You can either be an honest fan or not.

i am honest most of the time. i just feel sometimes you go a little overboard smashin the O. i do also think that the offense has been a little choke job last couple years, but they were the reason we got as far as we did

•  

Welker played soccer and then walked on at Texas Tech.  Edelman was recruited as a football player from California to Kent St.

Fact is, Brady over-obsessed over Welker against BAD Ds in the regular season, developed bad habits and then it caught up to them in January and February.

Give a 1 million Edelman and the punt returns over a 6 million Welkie with more January disappoinements, thanks very much.

Fact:

well no one can ever fill Brown's jock. the guy turned into a full time nickel DB when we needed it most. he was the definition of clutch.

Edelman played pretty good, too.  That was back when you could play D, too, pre-Goodell rules.

The point is, give me a gamer any day of the week over a guy who just puts up consistent stats and is an extension of a run game.

edelman played nickel DB like 10-15 snaps Brown played full games at DB it was crazy he had like 4 picks! but i also see your line of thinking though

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Would have kept Welker if possible . Amendola can't stay on field, when's he's healthy and that's a big if. When's he playing he's fine. I know collie couldn't keep both feet inbounds on one play, but I play him more. He can catch. I like Edelman don't know if he can hold up the entire season but has proved me wrong. The kid has some sick moves though. Don't know why Ridley isn't getting more touches. He has some good runs and mcdaniels doesn't use him again until its to late. You know what Bill Parcells says you are what you are. The record says 5-2 it's 5-2. So done on the board said Miami is #14 against the run it might be time to run Ridley and Bolden A little more often. Of course Vereen is missed big time as well. Because bolden is having trouble on occasion catching balls out of the backfield. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    In response to melswitt's comment:
    In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:
    No, they would not be 7-0 with Welker.  Brady would still be a very inaccurate passer.  Stop blaming the new guys for everything.

Hello denial, meet DoNotSleepOnThePats.

talk about denial...hows you multiple personality disorder today Bustchise...not too good apparently... :)

Melswitt ='s Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz ='s MeadowlandMike and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

Look at this clown.  He is giving jets trolls all the attention they want and he is cluttering up the board doing so.  The sad thing is he doesn't realize he is doing exactly what they want him to do.  Well done melnitwit.  You won the not so bright award.  Keep giving the trolls all the attention.

Why does this  troll with 16 different names always say the same thing?  With the same green writing and font?  And why is he always repeating what rusty always says?  DUH

Melswitt ='s Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz ='s MeadowlandMike and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

1. It has nothing to do with Welker.  It has do with Amendola living up to his IR history.

2. The Broncos 6-1.  The Pats are 5-2, one game behind.  

3. Let's see where these teams are at when they meet. 

Some people can not accept what you would like.  They just can not face the facts.

They continue to tout Edelman as this great WR. LOL!  A mediocre college QB turned WR in the NFl.  Yeah, what a great WR Edelman is.  Great move to keep him and let Welker get away.  Matter of fact, just to show how silly Rusty thinks, he still says a 3rd QB is not needed here because Edelman used to be a QB.  Hahaha!!  Did you see the pass Edelman threw to Talib a couple weeks ago on the ST's play?  Rusty has been beat on this forum so badly over the years that he has to be punch drunk.  His thoughts and ideas are ridiculous!!

Fact:

Hahahahaha, Troy Brown?  When did he become part of the conversation.  OMG, I'm in tears.  This is a classic case of you using your deflection tactic.  Everyone here is well aware of how you do this when you receive a beatdown.  You really are a piece of..... work.   You are pathetic.  Clearly you have never played the game before.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Memo To My Fellow Loyal Pats Fans:

The horse is dead.  It really does make little sense to continue to beat it.  Wes Welker plays for the Denver Broncos and is not returning.

Yours in Patriots fan bureaucracy,

ATJ

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The horse is dead.  It really does make little sense to continue to beat it.  Wes Welker plays for the Denver Broncos and is not returning.

ATJ

I feel your pain. The problem is there is a faction here that won't let it go unless the Pat's win a SB. Even then I'm not sure they will let it go.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Why is there still talk of WW? The guy is gone, let's all get over it and move on!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The WW issue will never go away...ever.....maybe it should...maybe it shouldn't....but be certain it will still be talked about long after I'm 6 feet under.......

ATJ

Are you kidding me?  We still get discussions of letting go of Richard Seymour, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Randy Moss.  This isn't going to stop anytime soon.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Yeah, we know you would personally rather complain about every player every day because they didn't pick the one of the 10 players that turned out good out of the 500 players you wanted to draft.  Lets just pretend Welker didn't choose to leave, and accept less money cause then what would we bich about.

He's gone, he dropped critical game winning balls in the playoffs twice, and the Pats are 5-2 without him.

Pretty soon you'll be the only person I don't have on mute.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

ATJ

Are you kidding me?  We still get discussions of letting go of Richard Seymour, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Randy Moss.  This isn't going to stop anytime soon.

TFB12, I love ya, man, but because there are those who continue to beat those dead horses is hardly justificantion to continue the handwringing over Welker's departure.

I simply don't get the point of it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

After watching last night's Denver/Colts game, I was reminded just how good of a player Wes Welker was.  He had 7 rec catches for 96 yds, more than Thompkins and Dobson combined!  

People can blame the bad calls by the refs, offensive line, and coaching.  But the fact is the Pats have the worst group of WR's than any other team.  Thompkins and Dobson aren't getting better and I expect the drops too continue.  

Welker have better numbers than any of the Pats WR's by the end of the season, and too think he could have been on the Pats for chump change is disgraceful.

And we would have won 4 super bowls if he wasn't daydreaming when he dropped that pass against the jints.

Let it go. Welker is gone, never coming back through that door 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

We wont really know until the playoffs if letting Welker go was a good idea or not.

What a joke of a statement.

No this is the primary consideration.

The Pats have made the playoffs every year for 10 years except 2008. They need to be just good enough to get there and peak at that time.

If he were here we definitely would NOT be talking about Thompkins, or Dobson coming along because he would have taken 70% or their targets. They would be stuck where they were in week 3 all season. Do you think Brady would have gone back to them after a drop or bad route if Welker was here?

If any combination Edleman, Amendola, Thomkins, Dobson and Collie comes forward and is a harder tandem to defend than Welker and Edlemann alone (becasue that is what they would have been stuck with) AND the  PATs actually make the playoffs then it was a good move. If not then it was a bad move.

We won't know until the playoffs.

Actually saying they would be 7-0 with Welker is a joke of a statement. 

ATJ

TFB12, I love ya, man, but because there are those who continue to beat those dead horses is hardly justificantion to continue the handwringing over Welker's departure.

I simply don't get the point of it.

Man, let me tell you.  After all the bashing I took over standing up saying what a mistake it was to let Welker go and then to see that I was correct, it is bitter sweet, not going to deny that part of it.  It was a mistake to let him walk, sure we have to live with it now but As long as it continues to be brought up here on the forum I will putr in my two cents on it.  Sorry.

• Sections
    Shortcuts