Pats would be unstoppable..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Pats would be unstoppable..

In Response to Re: Pats would be unstoppable..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats would be unstoppable.. : What's wrong with the running game?  Both Woodhead and BJGE avg'd 5 YPC last night.... which is what set up the passing game.... ...and Miami's defense is not bad...  better than most. ... and we haven't seen Ridley or Vereen yet.... the running game only gets better....
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

22 carries vs 48 pass attempts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Lets not get carried away because we put up those numbers against a bad Miami team, I love the pats but they will not be able to do that against the good teams in this league unless we can run the ball.
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]
    Many point out how Miami's D is one of the best in the NFL.  The "team", as a whole may not be the greatest, but, it may not be the D alone.  Any other team and the Dolphins would have won that game.  I do not think any team can win a shoot out with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Folks - it was the miami freakin dolphins on defense.   See how they do against the jets, ravens, steelers, then you can talk. The Defense should be better, didn't look like it, last night.  The talent is better this year except safeties of course.
    Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]

Besides the ravens... i think those are all closer games then you think.  Dolphins had a top 10 defense last year... no ones getting to high or low, but the offense looks top 3 as usual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Yes O Brian can keep it fresh, O Brian who just a few months ago according to Pats fans cant coach and does not know how to call a game. I like the guy im just saying according to my fellow Pats fans he does not know how to coach. Looked pretty good to me last night. Pats defense was very good on 3rd down conversions which is a HUGE improvement for that defense. Dont just look at the passing yards, the Phins played from behind all night so the passing yards should be big for them.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

if obrian can improve and learn that is outstanding. we have weapons. i posit to you it does not take a genius to make a game plan for them, a series of plays, to change the game plan if its not working.

the offense looked ok at times in the past 2 years and at times it was clear he was not creative enough, or was not able to solve what the defense was doing, didnt manage the game to the score and time left etc. he is an off coordinator in training. if i'm the owner or the gm and i've got brady, i cant afford to have a guy learn on the job and i'm going to get the best off coordinator available no ta trainee. egos need to sit on the sideline.

there'e my thoughts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pats would be unstoppable.. : the good teams will not even bite at that play action. why would anybody have to, really? pats have not demonstrated ability or determination to run the ball. they're not going to cause as much damage that way, so why not focus defense on the pass even on rushing downs or even when they look like they're running the ball?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

ok seattle, somebody has his thinking cap on straight. 
    thats exactly what teh good d's will do.
    till we prove that we can regularly do serious damage with the run. 
    we gotta block well and have ridley, woodhead or vereen on the field. sorry no one is afraid bjge is gonna break anything. he need to be a 4th back for depth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

dolphins were out of shape.
    and if they score instead of stop on teh 1, its a different game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Pats would be unstoppable..:
    [QUOTE]With a solid defense. This offense is a machine..bottom line. The defense is still a worry for me. Didn't look much different to me from last year. Still giving up too much yardage. Hopefully that we'll change. If it does, watch out!
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I don't know how one could not see a difference.  Give Henne some credit.  He was on.  I didn't get to see the begining of the game but I saw the last half and the Pats were putting pressure on the QB.  Henne got rid of the ball quickly and accurately.  Best I've seen him play.  That pocket was collapsing pretty much all of the time.  If there is one spot to be critical on it's how the TE kept beating the LB for big chunks.

The defense is new and are being asked to do things differently so give it time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

IMO after that first drive our D came to play when the game was on the line. They only gave up 10 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and 7 of those were on a very short field. As far as pass D we gave up 202 of the 416 yards in the 4th quarter. Also this week set the record for passing yards in a week, the lockout had a impact on conditioning and this would affect the defense more than the offense. My guess is this will improve over time.

Sections
Shortcuts