Patten to Brady..(my interpretation)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Patten to Brady..(my interpretation)

I just went over to the herald and read this from Patten.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/03/17/david-patten-says-hes-still-waiting-to-hook-up-with-tom-brady-who-he-has-yet-to-see-in-the-offseason-program/

After reading this I felt like he was kind of saying, "if we are going to get this going we need to get started early." 

Patten was around for all 3 SB's and knows what it takes to win and knew Brady before he became a megastar. 

It goes back to what VW said after he got his contract.  Everyone needs to be here.  I know some guys dont have to be there, but It would be nice to see that everyone is ready to work and win this year.  I know some guys like Moss suffered injuries at the end of the season but TB is not going to have is safety blanket in WW so he should get it going with what he has right now.

Like I said, I just my opinion. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Re: Patten to Brady..(my interpretation)

Patten will be cut in training camp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

GOOD point. Any news on whats Brady's reason for not being being around?? Boy, I miss the days where our best player was the hardest working...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I'm wont go as far as saying that Brady is not a hard worker, but it would have been nice to know that he participated in an non-voluntary program.  Just to show the younger guys that he is also very commited to getting better this season.  I am not saying that he not training as hard on his own, just would have liked if he participated.

As far as Patten getting cut...we dont know that and that is not even an issue.  You have a vet that is showing be example how to be a better professional.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

This current crop will not be the final crop.  Patten couldn't make any roster last year and now he's going to make the Pats?  No way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Will Patten be next years Troy Brown the guy who will do anything anywhere anytime???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

How do you know brady's not there?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Never mind just read on Reiss's he's not there. Didn't want to hear that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Its funny to see some fans pretend they know what is best for the team.  Like yourself?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Patten to Brady..(my interpretation):
    Patten will be cut in training camp.
    Posted by 123meg

I doubt it.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

This current crop will not be the final crop.  Patten couldn't make any roster last year and now he's going to make the Pats?  No way.
    Posted by 123meg

Was he hurt?  How many teams did he try out for?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Patten to Brady..(my interpretation) :   That doesn't  mean much.   He's not a top flight WR and was cut by clueless Cleveland. Not everyone runs the same system. He was very good in 2007 for NOs and then was let go because they were younger and loaded.  Again, certainly not a red flag to me. If you liked Patten here as a #3/#4 type in the past, I think he'd be fine as security as a #5.  The more guys who know where to be in this makeshift West Coast offense, the better BRady is. It's why Gaffney was good here and why they have had trouble finding WRs.  It's not about fantasy stats in this offense.  I am pretty sure if Tom Brady likes a certain WR, I like a certain WR.  It's funny to see some fans  pretend they know what is best for the team.   I KNOW I don't, but I also know Brady is much better when WRs are where they need to be.  It's why Galloway couldn't be a flanker here last year.  Patten will be BETTER than Galloway.
    Posted by russgriswold

Patten has a couple of things over Galloway....Chemestry with Brady and knowledge of the Offense......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

123meg, I hope you're still around when he becomes a serious go to guy like he's going to. This guy knows how to get open and fits in perfectly with the Pats quick release move the chains ball control offense. I only hope they trade Thomas for Branch straight up or pick up Josh Reed as well to bring more experienced receivers for TB to look for. As far as pretending to know what's best for the team aren't you doing that by saying they'll cut someone BB just went out and signed?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

That would be calling him a hypocrite......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Although 123meg is kind of abrupt and matter of fact the way he put it I have to agree with him.

My feeling is that Patten is simply here to help the young guys along, both competition/motivation and potential short term mentoring.

Anything is possible but I do not believe he makes the team, imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

GOOD point. Any news on whats Brady's reason for not being being around?? Boy, I miss the days where our best player was the hardest working...
    Posted by datdude401

what? i think BB let him off the hook since he had about three injuries he played with all fricking season. brady is balls to the wall don't forget it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't know if Patten will be used or not, but I just bet he won't be cut.  He was always a Troy Brown like crafty route runner, and can help younger receivers LEARN some things... so his value is as a situational player and a sort of position coach.  Also, he is kind of the AntiMoss, and I frankly I don't like the Randyesque attitude of not raising hands or jumping for a catch, all my memories and favorite video slices are of patten's nutty backwards jumping catches in the end zone.  Attitude will be Bill Bs new area of concentration, and by most measures what we lacked last year.  Patten is ALL about the right workman like attitude.  Welcome back, Number 86.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Brady needs to get back to his comfort zone.  if people are triple covering Moss why not bring Patten back or even get Branch somehow

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think when guys like Peyton and Tom don't show up for these things at this point in their careers, it's more of a "keep your body as fresh as possible for when we really need you"

That's just my opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Patten ran a 4.4 before signing with the Pats. He makes the team and Aiken is back to full time Sp team'er.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

These workouts are for younger players.  They're still developing their offseason routine, watching tape and reviewing plays.  When a player has been in the system for 3 or 4 years, they know how to prepare, they know the plays and can train on their own.  Brady has never been out of shape and his not being there probably has more to do with a new baby than has commitment to the team. 

As far as Patten, he'll be here, he'll play and will even have a really good game or two.  Someone that knows the plays, has good hands and has a good sense of where to go when a play breaks down will serve the Pats well.  Maybe he'll be listed as the #4/5 WR on the depth chart but I'll bet he stays and contributes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I forget I think it was after the 07-08 season and Brady didnt show up to alot of OTAs and for a good reason. He doesnt get to see one of  his sons during the season basically from July-January he gets to spend little time with his son. 

He talked about this and about losing his parking spot. Its not him losing anything in his competitiveness not at all. You want to question Brady and his toughness just look at what he played through last year. Its him setting his priorties a little different.

Brady, Moss, and these guys put in alot of extra time after practice and going into corners of the field and working on the little stuff while the team is focusing on defense. 

Funny as well because Brady is in Cali right now throwing http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/jasmine2sable/tom470c.jpg.

Last year I remember he brought in Welker and worked with him in Cali. 

Let this ring in your head as the Pats voluntary workouts continue. Why would Brady just bring in Moss,Edelman, and Patten. 3 WRs one of those guys might not even make it out and guys might be added as well so why do anything right now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Pattern will only be here if someone gets hurt , he WILL be cut if not , fact. Hes here to teach the young guys a little bit and show them how the system works. We might keep him here as a 5th , but I doubt it. And enough with the Branch BS , please explain why you want this guy back. Hes ALWAYS hurt , very inconsistant and BTW hes not that good! Again why do you want him here and dont give me the rapport BS. Im so serious about this , I really want someone to tell me why Branch deserves a spot here. Hes only played a full 16 once out of 9 years , never hit 1000 , and never had more than 5 TDs. In 9 years hes only had 1 good one and it was a decent year , he had 78/998/5 , he never caught more than 57 besides that year. Now if he su ck ed w/ 12 whos a top 5 QB all time , why bring him back? People have been talking about him and acting like they want the PATS to go get him since the end of the season. LMFAO Pattern and Branch , give me a break. People on here dont like me because Ill actually call someone out on their BS , Im sorry , but 98% of the people on here dont know jack about sports , let alone fottball. And this BS just proves me right , Pattern and Branch in our rec corp , yeah you guys really know what your talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Patten ran a 4.4 before signing with the Pats. He makes the team and Aiken is back to full time Sp team'er.
    Posted by rkarp

Patten has only had 1 season in the last 5 where he caught significantly more balls than Aiken did last season. Aiken is a lifetime special teamer so that isn't saying much for Patten in the last 5 seasons.

He had a very good year in 2007 but was out of football completely in 2009. With the exception of 2007 the most catches he had in a season in those 5 years was 22. That's basically what Aiken had last season, 20. The Pariots have Edelman, Tate, will possibly need to hold a roster spot after week 6 for Welker, will most likely draft some additional depth at WR.

If any WR they draft or sign as a UDFA steps up I am not sure there will be a roster spot for him. Even more unlikely after Welker comes off the PUP.

If we as pats fans are lucky, Patten will catch lightning in a bottle for a 2nd time (ala 2007) and have himself a heck of a season.

Time will show so best of luck to him and us as fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Posted by datdude401

Any of you guys got a wife and kids??

So, he is passing up The Parking Spot  to sleep with a SUPER MODEL  ... what a jerk!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yeah and take it easy about 12 not being here , LOL its march! The season ended two and a half months ago. When guys like him are here this early its only for show , if the best player is here working hard then nobody has an excuse , blah , blah etc. 12 got the chit kicked out of him last year and so did Randy for that matter. Both of their shoulders were absolutely jacked up , especially SprFrks. He played almost the entire year w/ a seperated shoulder and a bad back. Brady's ribs and shoulder took a pounding from the pre-season , give both a break. If your a proven vet that knows our system upside down then IMHO its not a big deal if your not in foxboro in March. As long as your training then I have no problem , go get your run in , your lift in , some plyo work and interval training etc and your fine with me.

Sections
Shortcuts