PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

7 million per year for 5 years was rejected by Mankins this summer.

They tried, he feels he is worth more.  Please know the history of the situation before acting like they didn't pay him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/logan-mankins-doesnt-know-if-he-did-the-right-thing/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again.  Brady had all day last night to find his receivers.  His receivers could have been toddlers or seniors and it wouldn't have mattered as long as they could catch. 

If that is Mankins effect, I want Polian to call him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Listen jerk off.I probably know more about the HISTORY than u do without posting someone elses article.My point was they are a better team with him so now that bygones are bygones,PAY THE MAN.Or would u rather he walk to the Jets because he personally hurt your feelings when he rejected the offer.....Hate tools like you!!!!!!!!!!!   Maybe whatever he wants was a lil dramatic but most people will understand the intent!
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

lol

A little high strung, aren't we?

What do you suggest? Put the offer back on the table and he see if he wises up?

I am pretty sure he realizes he made an enormous mistake like Moss just did.

You call me a jerk off, yet this guy basically slandered the guy who signs his checks and acted like a bi-polar neanderthal for 4+ months.

Take it up with him. 

He didn't hurt my feelings at all. I predicted he would be absolutely foolish to take a gamble of getting more than 7 million into a new CBA starting in 2011.  The threat of the lock out alone makes his decision stupid.

He didn't offend me at all. He was dumb and misled by his agent, Frank Bauer.  Bauer wants more of a commission and it backfired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Leather, for 7+ mil I would let him walk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

LeatherHelmet your right I wish they would pay him whatever he wants, hopefully by the end of the season he'll have another ring and he'll a bit different but if he's being unreasonable he's not bigger than the team so let him go. Also don't pick on Russ it's not worth it he'll not stop until your proven wrong

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I agree, you can't up his value after two games. That's how the Redskins and Cowboys of the world overpay for average/good talent. Mankins is a great guard but he's just that: A GUARD. You can't overpay for guard. That's why Mankins made a horrible call by not taking the top-5 deal he was given in the offseason. I doubt another team will pay more than that. Maybe a desperate team like the Bears or Cowboys but that's still a maybe. And then do you take a few million more to play for Cutler or Romo? Common sense says no but you just never know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I find it stunning that he turned down such a lucrative deal before Brady got his on the dawn of a potential lockout.

It's flat out bizarre. He got top 3 money and rejected it.   I don't know what people expect of Kraft and BB here.

They never pay for Guards so that was a compliment.  He took it as an insult which is disturbing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'd pay him the 7+. We need to draft help on D and having to use high picks for need just doesn't make sense. I think Mankins showed some good will comming back early. I'd be surprised if they weren't talking in the back ground. Mankins is never hurt that alone is worth something. I think Moss' contract threw a wrench in the Mankins talks. I say put the offer back on the table and see what happens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Some team will offer more so unless he wants to stay I believe he'll walk to the highest bidder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

They have 2 1st rd picks.  They could just get the best Guard in the draft and still go after a DE/OLB edge player.

I don't know.

7 million is more than generous. 

I think this is a classic case where if they put the deal back on the table, it'll be the highest offer he sees in 2011. 

They won't need to up the offer if they choose to re-offer it to him.

Just my .02.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

did you see the shot of Mankins at the end of the game with a big grin on his face. I think the guy is happier that he is back than a pig in sh*t, and he and the Pats will find common ground.
    Wouldn't surprise me if next years line has Vollmer, Connelly, Kaczur, Mankins and a 1st round draft choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Are we sure that money is what Mankins wants?

Why would he turn down the lucrative offer the Pats laid out, unless it was too backloaded?

And while we're wondering, how come -- if Mankins is such a principled individual that the Pats "breaking their word" outweighs top-end money -- then why did he report back to the team earlier than was required to fulfill his year-in-service obligation?

I'll freely admit have no idea what might be going on inside Mankins' head. It may just be that he comes in at a more reasonable price than many of us are speculating. Or, it could also be that he might be stolidly determined to move on from the Pats as a matter of "principle."

Nothing Mankins has done to this point this year has made the first lick of sense to me . . .  but then again, who the hell am I?

The important thing is that he is in the lineup now and will hopefully be a meaningful cog in the wheel that steamrolls the Colts this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If you are one of the 5 highest paid Guards, that means you are the very top echelon in terms of pay.

Obviously, each team starts two Guards and there are 32 teams in the league.

He's playing for BB, with Brady, etc. What more does he want???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/report-mankins-turned-down-five-year-deal-worth-7-million-a-year/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Man,Y'all are acting like the money is coming out of your pocket.If he fits under the salary cap  and still provide room to sign draft picks and free agents.....pay him!The last thing. Oline + Mankins = a better Brady!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Give him hookers and Pudding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]He just wants to get paid man and I cant blame him, he played out his rookie contract with out saying a word in public and he was way out playing his contract and could have held out a year ago but he didnt. The guy was a good teammate for a long time and now I hope we pay him. Winning will help remind him why he wants to be here and he will resign that is what I think anyways.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/report-mankins-turned-down-five-year-deal-worth-7-million-a-year/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I think from what we know the best way to describe Mankin's thoughts are that he feels he's been one of the best if not THE best guard in football during his time with the Patriots and he deserves to be rewarded for that. So I take it when the contract was offered he was pleased but when he was asked to apologize for holding out he was insulted as he felt it was within his rights to hold out for the money. Whether the apology thing is true or not who knows, but I can actually see it being true he's been around the patriots long enough to get the patriot way although he could be selfish 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Just because other teams like NO make a poor decision in valuing a player at a certain position, does not mean the Pats have to follow it.  The highest paid player is not always the market.  It may be an outlier  a la Albert Haynesworth.

And all the joy over Mankins today; what about his role in the Cleveland loss?

Need to get a grip on yourselves here, folks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!! : lol A little high strung, aren't we? What do you suggest? Put the offer back on the table and he see if he wises up? I am pretty sure he realizes he made an enormous mistake like Moss just did. You call me a jerk off, yet this guy basically slandered the guy who signs his checks and acted like a bi-polar neanderthal for 4+ months. Take it up with him.  He didn't hurt my feelings at all. I predicted he would be absolutely foolish to take a gamble of getting more than 7 million into a new CBA starting in 2011.  The threat of the lock out alone makes his decision stupid. He didn't offend me at all. He was dumb and misled by his agent, Frank Bauer.  Bauer wants more of a commission and it backfired.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me he's RK right hand man, claims he knows more than anybody. course  when a man starts with the derogatory remarks, sure sign he's off his meds.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Mankins needs to be kept, and i think he will.
    I HATE it when arrogant and ignorant people are happy to see great players leave like branch and asante samuel.  These guys are good and it clearly hurt the team when they left.  They were replaced, but it took a few years.  If you have a great player then he needs to be kept plain and simple unless his demands are just absolutely ridiculous then keep him for the good of the team.
    2006 they probably would've won the SB if they kept branch??  Losing him wasn't worth it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

They have 2 1st rd picks.  They could just get the best Guard in the draft and still go after a DE/OLB edge player.

I'm tired of training rookies during the season. Lets keep that wall infront of Brady thru his contract. Maybe replace Matt Light in the next few.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

No way we let Mankins go.  Even if he costs $100 million, we're not letting him go!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"Arrogant and ignorant"?

Couldn't you argue that since no player who has ever left NE in their prime years got better and hence, THEY are arrogant for using the great canvas BB has here as a prop to MAKE MORE MONEY elsewhere?

Hmmmm.

Bottom line is, you need to ask what makes you happy. Playing in a worse situation and making a couple million more or doing what a Bruschi did and kept his agent's commission by repping himself, making very good money AND being very happy with WHERE he played.

You sound pretty immature. No offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]7 million per year for 5 years was rejected by Mankins this summer. Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

and thats all he should get next year if he wants to keep riding on the super bowl train