1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Pay Welker

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Give Welker 15 mill or pay Spikes, Vollmer and lock up Ridley for another 3 years at nearly the same price...combined? 

Yeah, pass on Welker. Hernandez can do what he does and then some.

[/QUOTE]

I like Hernandez but can he catch 120 passes a year repeatedly. Welker has been great every game but 1 this year.

[/QUOTE]

Can he? Yes, he can, will he? No. Ridley and the running backs will take a ton of snaps from Brady, I doubt Brady will have time to pass to any one reciever 100 times. 

[/QUOTE]

Welker is on pace right now for well over 120 receptions. He has once again replaced Gronk as the primary target.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gints, stop trying to look like a fool on this site. You may scare some people on this site at the thought of Wes Welker on the Giants, but not me. Wes WANTS 15 million, you guys can give him the 15 million, but then what do you pay Cruz who'll probably demand a high pay day himself? 

If you think the Giants are going to pay 15 million to Wes, 10+ Cruz and Nicks will demand this and next offseason, you're nuts.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gints, stop trying to look like a fool on this site. You may scare some people on this site at the thought of Wes Welker on the Giants, but not me. Wes WANTS 15 million, you guys can give him the 15 million, but then what do you pay Cruz who'll probably demand a high pay day himself? 

If you think the Giants are going to pay 15 million to Wes, 10+ Cruz and Nicks will demand this and next offseason, you're nuts.  

[/QUOTE]

first off did welker say he wants 15 mil? and who says he wouldnt take less to play with another good team and show pats what they screwed up?

and no, i dont think he's going to the nyg just making a point he is under appreciated here by some which just makes me shake my head but then there are those who want brady benched every week

[/QUOTE]

Yes, his agent said he wanted a Larry Fitzgerald type contract (15 million), the Patriots offered him a 2 year 16 Million dollar deal and he turned it down. 

And it has nothing to do with Welker, it's about fixing a need. We'll never win another SB until we get better on defense, Brady can make due with the toys he has. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the pats already locked up the tight ends and were trying to get edelman more involved before his injury.....so its obvious they could be preparing for life after welker....i for one, am going to enjoy it while it lasts because im a big fan of welker and if it were up to me, he would have his contract, but i trust the pats will make the right decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the pats already locked up the tight ends and were trying to get edelman more involved before his injury.....so its obvious they could be preparing for life after welker....i for one, am going to enjoy it while it lasts because im a big fan of welker and if it were up to me, he would have his contract, but i trust the pats will make the right decision.

[/QUOTE]

One of the things Welker really has going for him is his durability.  Edelman has surprised me this year.  Hernandez is a beast.  Neither are durable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Welker came up huge today, he's one of the best at moving the chains in the league. Having Brady throwing to him helps too. It's a tough call though, the Patriots are not going to sign him to a long term deal unless it's team friendly which Welker won't go for. He's a great player but his age is a factor. Not many receivers his age get long term deals. They probably wouldn't franchise him again either, I may be mistaken here but I think it would be close to 15 million to do that. 

I really like having Welker and agree that he makes the offense even better but don't think he will be here next year due to the cap. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Felger asked Welker how it feels to have 13 receptions after having 3 in the first game and Welker said it's kind of nice to stick it to BB once in a while! Not sure if it was a joke but don't think BB will like it? It was in todays globe - question by Felger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with you but it's not my money. We need to see how they are with the return of Hernandez. Welker was clutch again.  

[/QUOTE]

i upped my offer form 6 mil per year (we have a whoel team to field and a cap) to 7 mil per year.

12 mil is just too much next yr.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I second this motion. Welker always comes up big for us and consistently racks up yards and catches. I don't want to see him in another team's uniform.

[/QUOTE]

first down machine

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just remember in the offseason, there were a lot of  pats fans out there saying WELKER is too old, you can't give a guy a decent amount of money at this point of his career, etc, etc, well I hope you same folks come on here. And at least say your wrong!  Brady is SO in tune with him, it's ridiculous.  If you cant see this, then your not watching the same game I am!

Pay WES!  

[/QUOTE]

u still have a cap.

we need a real cb.

a left de

a dt

a g/t 

a g/c

and we cant seem to pick cbs (so may need a f.a.)

so you can t just give wleker 12 mil i think or even 10 multiple years i think.

maybe ww and his ahem agent will come down adn we can reach him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just remember in the offseason, there were a lot of  pats fans out there saying WELKER is too old, you can't give a guy a decent amount of money at this point of his career, etc, etc, well I hope you same folks come on here. And at least say your wrong!  Brady is SO in tune with him, it's ridiculous.  If you cant see this, then your not watching the same game I am!

Pay WES!  

[/QUOTE]

nah listen to "realists" and queenie and let him go...so jints can pick him up, put him in slot and move cruz out to wr...please please dont re-sign him!

[/QUOTE]

good point for you there.

but you wouldnt get first crack since you won last sb

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Give Welker 15 mill or pay Spikes, Vollmer and lock up Ridley for another 3 years at nearly the same price...combined? 

Yeah, pass on Welker. Hernandez can do what he does and then some.

[/QUOTE]

While I don't blame you for not wanting to pay him big money I strongly disagree with the lack of respect you give Welker. He's a warrior, one of the best wr's in NE history, no doubt. I'm not so sure Hernandez can fill Welker's role as easily as you think.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Hern is back, so, we'll see. I'll take Hern over Wes anyday and that's not me taking a shot at Wes, that's just how good I think Hernandez is. 

[/QUOTE]

i too think hern is more dangerous and a bettr threat than wes.

wes can get open short faster than anyone else for brady it seems (at least when there are simultaneous wideout threat, gronk, and feature back threat on the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first off did welker say he wants 15 mil? and who says he wouldnt take less to play with another good team and show pats what they screwed up?

and no, i dont think he's going to the nyg just making a point he is under appreciated here by some which just makes me shake my head but then there are those who want brady benched every week

[/QUOTE]

many do no tunderappreciate him, such as myself, jsu tdont think it was financially possible for pats to give  him 40 -50 mil+ for 4 or 5 yrs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, his agent said he wanted a Larry Fitzgerald type contract (15 million), the Patriots offered him a 2 year 16 Million dollar deal and he turned it down. 

And it has nothing to do with Welker, it's about fixing a need. We'll never win another SB until we get better on defense, Brady can make due with the toys he has. 

[/QUOTE]

"And it has nothing to do with Welker, it's about fixing a need. We'll never win another SB until we get better on defense"

and have a rel run threat, a real outside threat and the o.c. doesnt botch the game like he did vs arizona and balt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Felger asked Welker how it feels to have 13 receptions after having 3 in the first game and Welker said it's kind of nice to stick it to BB once in a while! Not sure if it was a joke but don't think BB will like it? It was in todays globe - question by Felger.

[/QUOTE]

hmmmm. like to look that up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker came up huge today, he's one of the best at moving the chains in the league. Having Brady throwing to him helps too. It's a tough call though, the Patriots are not going to sign him to a long term deal unless it's team friendly which Welker won't go for. He's a great player but his age is a factor. Not many receivers his age get long term deals. They probably wouldn't franchise him again either, I may be mistaken here but I think it would be close to 15 million to do that. 

I really like having Welker and agree that he makes the offense even better but don't think he will be here next year due to the cap. 

[/QUOTE]

we are thinkin the same thing.

though its near 12 mil next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

The Pats should have inked Welker in the off-season for the same/similar deal they gave to Moss a few years ago, I think it was along the lines of 3 yrs 27 mil, which back then, it was fair for Moss I felt, and would feel it would be fair (or in the middle) with Welker and the Pats.  Hopefully after this season, they can still come to some sort of agreement like this, but now not sure about the years.  

Curious, I'm not sure but does anyone know if the Pats can rip up his current contract now and re-sign him for say two more years?  OR is it too late? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Yeah, kinda nice to stick it in Bill's face once in awhile." 

Say What???? He got props from the studio. Not so sure BB will seee the humor. And might explain the push-pull going on between them... Or maybe not.

He got benched for the Rexie foot references- which he pulled off in a hilarious way. This was another moment for him. Rrot Roh.

[/QUOTE]

WHAT!? did he really say that....

[/QUOTE]

YEAH, HE really said that!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Welker is having a huge impact on games.  He's a big reason the passing offense is working.  And since the strategy seems to be to keep defenses in pass-defense mode to open up the running game, Welker is actually contributing to the success of the running game.  He (with Gronk) are forcing defenses to keep extra DBs in the game and that's allowing the running game to explode like it has.  You still need a good running back to make this strategy work (which we have in Ridley), but you can't discount the value of having a receiver like Welker who is so hard to defend with LBs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker is having a huge impact on games.  He's a big reason the passing offense is working.  And since the strategy seems to be to keep defenses in pass-defense mode to open up the running game, Welker is actually contributing to the success of the running game.  He (with Gronk) are forcing defenses to keep extra DBs in the game and that's allowing the running game to explode like it has.  You still need a good running back to make this strategy work (which we have in Ridley), but you can't discount the value of having a receiver like Welker who is so hard to defend with LBs. 

[/QUOTE]

agreed. 

will bb value him as much when hern comes back is the question

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of the things Welker really has going for him is his durability.  Edelman has surprised me this year.  Hernandez is a beast.  Neither are durable. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that Hernandez is a real undurable puss.  Hell Edelman's rolling up on his legs only bent his ankle parrallel to the ground.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Its ez to say pay welker, but at what % of your salary cap? Paying welker can potentially stop us from paying ridley, spikes, vollmer,chung etc. This is a tough negotiation cuz both parties have legit arguments. I personally think they let welker walk after this season.  I dont agree with it but I do understand it. BB is smart thats y he locked up gronk and hern and not welker, if you could have 2 of the 3, who would u take?  We cant afford to pay each of them $9 mil per.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If you consider what BB is building and where he put his money in the offense, plus his acquisition of Ballard and shiancoe, investment early in the draft in 2 rb's, bringing in demps, figuring out what he has with Edelman, etc...BB has enough targets in the short game that I don't think he can justify another significant investment in a short game player. It's just economics and given bb's investments, he may think he has this covered. Now, if Wes wouldsign a team friendly number I think he comes back, but that number is probably going to be less than both Gronk and Hern. Wes probably thinks he deserves more, and he does. I just don't think BB willay him. Could we see him being franchised again next year?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you consider what BB is building and where he put his money in the offense, plus his acquisition of Ballard and shiancoe, investment early in the draft in 2 rb's, bringing in demps, figuring out what he has with Edelman, etc...BB has enough targets in the short game that I don't think he can justify another significant investment in a short game player. It's just economics and given bb's investments, he may think he has this covered. Now, if Wes wouldsign a team friendly number I think he comes back, but that number is probably going to be less than both Gronk and Hern. Wes probably thinks he deserves more, and he does. I just don't think BB willay him. Could we see him being franchised again next year?

[/QUOTE]

for 12 mil?

thats pricey