PC in NFL RIDICULOUS!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

PC in NFL RIDICULOUS!!

More Goodell nonsense and over-reaction, as the NFL is thinking about flagging players 15 yards for making racial slurs on the field. I kid you not: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/nfl-may-impose-15-yard-penalties-for-racial-slurs-on-the-field/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: PC in NFL RIDICULOUS!!

i think they are really more concerned about the gay curse word- and you cant blame them- the gay issue is exceedingly important to the media- imagine the negative publicity for the league if players start calling michael sam the  f word

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The mind police are everywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

i think they are really more concerned about the gay issue- and you cant blame them- the gay issue is exceedingly important to the media- imagine the negative publicity for the league if players start calling michael same the  f word

Who cares what the media thinks! The majority of the people, especially football fans, disagree with their views. The sport is under attack via lawsuits and political correctness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HomerHead. Show HomerHead's posts

Dumb rule.  Hope this does not happen. 

Brotha's would be penalized all day long, they have no problem calling each other the N word.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Exactly. This is what I was talking about in my jersey rant thread. All stems from the sa,e crap. The entire country is going down the tubes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Not to worry, the mindless have no need to fear.Tongue OutLaughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This is going overboard, Garnett better hope NBA doesn't do this too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I can see this happening. it supports goodells idea of what the nfl should be. 

PI can see this getting ugly however, with refs enforcing the rules differently based on color. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

More Goodell nonsense and over-reaction, as the NFL is thinking about flagging players 15 yards for making racial slurs on the field. I kid you not: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/nfl-may-impose-15-yard-penalties-for-racial-slurs-on-the-field/

Smoke and mirrors? Another way for officials to control or manipulate games? All it may take to derail a critical drive would be for an official to throw a flag saying "I thought I heard something." Bad idea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I am not for a rule that dictates what specifically cannot be said on the field

BUT

there is unsportsmanlike conduct rules and frankly if one takes that literally then there should be some guidlines.

Frankly I believe there is wayyyyyy too much lack of ehtics and wayyyyy too much hostility and holier than thou hate in this country and I think it would be good to counter it with some desire to be better people

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Smoke and mirrors? Another way for officials to control or manipulate games? All it may take to derail a critical drive would be for an official to throw a flag saying "I thought I heard something." Bad idea.

THis is most concerning to me

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

BUT

there is unsportsmanlike conduct rules and frankly if one takes that literally then there should be some guidlines.

Frankly I believe there is wayyyyyy too much lack of ehtics and wayyyyy too much hostility and holier than thou hate in this country and I think it would be good to counter it with some desire to be better people

you sound like a true liberal. "i believe in free speech that i approve of"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oddlyenough. Show oddlyenough's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

BUT

you sound like a true liberal. "i believe in free speech that i approve of"

You sir, seem to have much hostility and a holier than thou attitude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

This is something the players can manage by themselves. Look what happened to the eagle receiver. Who went mental. he had to rightfully grovel to even stay on the team. Giving the refs one more thing like this is inane.

Goodell has nfl issues that he should focus on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Not to worry, the mindless have no need to fear.Tongue OutLaughing

Well that's certainly great news for the NY fans......

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

to texas pat--why is it ok to make racial slurs to anybody , anyplace, anytime??  It won't be condoned in your workplace, my workplace, why should it be allowed  in the NFL.  the workplace for the players is on the field.  Why do you all think it's ok to demean people.

I think the NFL should take a year before enforcing this,  let the refs police it and remind players what will happen if it continues. It should be an educational process not a penalty at this time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

to texas pat--why is it ok to make racial slurs to anybody , anyplace, anytime??  It won't be condoned in your workplace, my workplace, why should it be allowed  in the NFL.  the workplace for the players is on the field.  Why do you all think it's ok to demean people.

its not ok to demean people. but the african-american players in the NFL most likely use the word on the regular to describe their friends or foes. they do so in the real world too.

African-americans use the N-word like it is no big deal and never will be. now some, if not, 50% are against the use of it totally even between eachother but it wont stop. like I said they dont even use N-word in a negaitve light most times. Its also used to describe a friend too.

gonna be very hard for the players to not use it and for the refs to contain it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I don't like the fact that it's ok for blacks to call each other the "N" word, but if a white guy says it (cooper)  he's raked thro the coals, yet he hears it all the time in the locker room and on the field.  I don't think riley Cooper is a bigot, he just used a ok word that he's heard over and over.

and the African Americans need to start caring more about themselves,  stopping it on the field of play is a good start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and I believe when they use the N word  they are mocking white people.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

]

This argument is one which makes those making it feel good about their own racism...someone else's inconsistency is not an acceptable reason to continue a practice which you know, in your heart, is not OK...

I hope anyone who trots out the old cunard "well, African-Americans" use that term themselves" hasn't adttended a college or university..if so, please let me know which one so I can keep my grand kids from going there.

never said it was ok but they think its fine they way they use it and it will be hard to police.

i think it wrong no doubt but many dont

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Sometimes I wonder why so much energy is given to certain words.

someone says something to me I don't like, then effthem. And I move on,happens rarely, but you cannot help coming across azzzzzhles in thIs world. And race almost never has anything to do wit it. every sect is discriminated by their own as well as others. And there are also kindnesses given freely more often than not. that is what I look for and the remainder who cares They have no hold on me

Sections
Shortcuts