PC in NFL RIDICULOUS!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: PC in NFL RIDICULOUS!!

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

The Fritz Pollard Alliance, an influential group that promotes diversity and job equality in the NFL, called on players Thursday to stop using the N-word on the field after highly publicized incidents involving the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins.

Harry Carson and John Wooten, the organization's executive director and chair, respectively, released a statement saying a number of game-day officials commonly have heard players use the the N-word, from Charles Barkley and Michael Wilbon to Jay Z. S

"As former players (along with thousands of others) who have worked hard in different eras of the game to leave proud legacies for those who follow us, we are appalled and extremely disappointed to learn that the worst and most derogatory word ever spoken in our country is being used during games as well as casually in the locker room," the statement reads.

The Alliance also has called on the league to punish players who use the racial slur on the field through immediate ejections and subsequent fines, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10012596/fritz-pollard-alliance-asks-nfl-players-end-n-word-u

So?? And your point is?

How about some of the lyrics in rap music? How about certain tatoos? Aren't they every bit as offensive to many people as the "n word"? Where does it stop? This is a slippery slope to start down on.

and once again we agree to disagree. it's happened more than once during our time on this board.  so I'll let it go at that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So let's see we are in a conference room discussing next years sales projections......

Based upon many comments here that it is PC run amok in the NFL

it would be ok for two black managers to use the n word to each other. That it would be ok for anyone to make any comment to another that is derogutary to another's race or religion. 

After all just like the NFL on the field and some saying it is ok

what makes the conference room at let's say Microsoft any different.

folks if it is wrong it is wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

So?? And your point is?

How about some of the lyrics in rap music? How about certain tatoos? Aren't they every bit as offensive to many people as the "n word"? Where does it stop? This is a slippery slope to start down on.

and once again we agree to disagree. it's happened more than once during our time on this board.  so I'll let it go at that. 

[/QUOTE]

Do we disagree that often, Gamer? Sorry...nothing personal. You're far too bright and attractive for me to ever hold any type of grudge against you.

Have a pleasant evening, and a great upcoming week!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

CHAMPS - you're welcome to quote me at any time and I can understand why you would apply what I wrote earlier to your beliefs.  Might sit a little better all around, however, if you'd at least attribute the quote.

oh i was just making a point to you as you know- but then preteneded you didnt -

Actually if you read my response after you made 'your point' you would have seen that I did get your point but was trying to be respectful in the way I responded.  

Regardless, a little common courtesy would have been in order after you quoted an entire paragraph of mine without attributon.  But that is apparently a point you missed; or did you?

Evidently courtesy is not a valued trait in CHAMPSXLVIII's religion. Can't be. He/she is not and they claim to be "religious". Not sure what that means to them! 

Apparently the view from that high horse is much too far reaching to encompass such an earthly consideration.  However I did come away from the exchange having learned something - always a plus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

ITT a bunch of people who are not African-American sit around and debate how African-American should be able to address each other.  SMH.  I understand not using it in a workplace but the NFL lockeroom is not the typical workplace so let's not pretend that it is now.  This entire thing is a joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Unbelievable: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/25/nfl-likely-to-make-racial-slurs-a-point-of-emphasis/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The NFL is part of society; it is not special. "Special rules for special people" creates problems for those people and others involved with them after the game is over. It is time for the NFL to get with it, get on board the same train everyone else is on. 

Cutting down on violence in all forms is essential for the well being of NFL players in their off and on the field lives. Matters not whether the violence is physical, mental or emotional. And, it will be safer for their teamates, spouses, friends and associates as well.

Sections
Shortcuts