Pees must go...
posted at 10/14/2009 11:12 AM EDTI'm so glad that Pees is finally taking heat for his unit's failures.
Playing it safe on D might get you to the playoffs, but it won't get you the Ring.
Ted Cottrell coached the same way, avoiding the big play at the expense of everything else, and after failing in Minnesota and San Diego, he's out of the league.
Since 2006 the Pats D has:
- Blown a 21-3 lead, allowing 35 2nd half points in the 2006 AFC Championship.
- Allowed the Giants to march 83 yards to the game winning TD in Super Bowl 42.
- In 2008, allowed 30 or more points in 4 of their 5 losses, which kept the Pats from making the playoffs.
- Last week, with a 1st round bye on the line, allowed a 98-yard TD drive to tie the game and send it into OT. Moreover, the D allowed Denver to drive into FG range in OT.
All this has happened under his watch.
I have zero faith in Dean Pees.
If anyone disagrees, then there are only 2 logical conclusions:
- Defensive Coordinators are meaningless. (Not true)
- The Pats defensive roster doesn't suffice. (Not buying that either, since the team reloaded in the secondary)
Re: Pees must go...
posted at 10/14/2009 11:26 AM EDTI didn't see the other thread reagrding this same topic.