Pees to coach Raven LBers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Pees to coach Raven LBers

Did we miss something with Pees?  High energy? innovated?

Ravens make it official with Pees

As we reported on Monday, the Baltimore Ravens have hired former Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees to coach Ray Lewis and the rest of the Ravens' linebackers.

Coach John Harbaugh announced the move Tuesday morning.

"I've know Dean for 27 years, and he's our type of coach -- energetic, hard-working and innovative," Harbaugh said in a release.  "He has worked with all three levels of defense -- defensive line, linebackers and secondary.  His experience and wealth of knowledge speak for themselves.  Dean has also earned respect from his players and fellow coaches because he has been a coordinator.  He'll help our linebackers complement the guys up front and in the back end.  He'll fit in with us well, and we're excited to get him."

Pees coached Harbaugh at the Miami (Ohio) in the 1980s.  Said Harbaugh, "He was the one coach who I thought could play."

"It's a privilege and an honor to be a part of an organization like the Ravens," Pees said.  "I'm very anxious and excited for the opportunity to work with Coach Harbaugh and also [defensive coordinator] Greg Mattison, with whom I have coached.  I think this is a tremendous opportunity and something that my family and I are very excited about.  I can't wait to get to work."

No longer going to work for the Ravens will be former linebackers coach Vic Fangio.  The team has announced that Fangio "is no longer with the team."  Said the Ravens, "He should have an announcement about his future in football soon."

The Ravens also are looking for a quarterbacks coach, given the departure of Hue Jackson for Oakland.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Pees to coach Raven LBers

He can coach whatever or whoever he wants. As long as he's out of New England I'm happy.

Why can't Belichick pick decent D coordinators. Anybody remember what a disaster Mangini was in 05? Let's hope he gets it right this time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Any coach with the Patriots on his resume can get paid elsewhere, sometimes for a lot more money.  Coaches are all free agents.  They're getting hired away as fast as BB can train them.  BB isn't bothering to call them "defensive coordinator" or "offensive coordinator" because that will just speed up their departure.

During a New York City garbage strike, one man gift wrapped his garbage.  Then he left the beautiful boxes in an open convertable.  In five minutes his garbage was gone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Statistically speaking, the Pats have had a decent scoring defense in Pees' tenure.  In fact, we were a top 5 scoring defense 3 out of 4 years, and a top 10 scoring defense that other year.  Pees got us within a minute of the SB when Reche Caldwell was our best receiver.  He got us within 30 seconds of a perfect season and gave the offense the ball back so many times they were able to set all kinds of records... (Plagiarized from a Mighty post)

You'd think a guy like that would be a sought after coordinator.  Or you think like I do and you're happy the guy is gone anyway.  Well, for the record, I'm putting my happy on hold until his replacement is revealed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Dick Juaron a possibility?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Come back Dean!  We need you so we can do all that stuff Caraway said I said and almost get another super bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Pees to coach Raven LBers:
    Come back Dean!  We need you so we can do all that stuff Caraway said I said and almost get another super bowl.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Sorry Mighty, I couldn't resist plagiarizing some of your post from the Thank You Pees thread you started a while back.  This is why stats aren't always telling.  Kinda like our offense this year.  Statistically speaking, it was pretty good.  What the stats don't show is that when it mattered most, the offense stunk.

Like I said, I'm putting my joy over Pees' "voluntary departure" on hold until his replacement is announced.  After seeing the MacD to O'Brian move, I'm scared as heck we might see something similar on the defensive side, and be longing for Pees next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Without knowing what the plays were and why they did or didn't work I couldn't say how good Pees was.  I would think people that know football really well and see the game film (Like coaches, Gm's, etc.)  would be a better judge of how good Pees was. 

Taking a LB coach position either shows that other teams were not impressed by what they saw or that he wanted a job with less responsibility.  Even if it was his choice to take a job with less responsibility he probably is not the right choice for the Pats going forward since highly motivated people try to move up not down.  I have no problem with Pees but I want someone on the Pats who is focused on being great and making the Pats great.  It may have been a more family friendly job move since he has health concerns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Every time an opponent scores next year people will be posting on here, "WHY DID WE LET GO OF PEES?  SO AND SO HAS GOT TO GO!!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Alex I'll take silly quotes for $2000.00

QUESTION: "WHY DID WE LET GO OF PEES?

ANSWER: What are 6 words you will never see on this board in this particular order again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

we needed some change...no regrets here. If the Ravens wanted aggressive tho....Pees was the wrong guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

mebbe they just wanted more intel on the patriots...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He took a demotion.  That should tell you all you need to know about his stock value on the open market.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Pees with Ray Lewis, KC Jones with Bird, Phil Jackson with Jordan, Shaq and Kobe...."Do what you want, just don't f it up!"

Sections
Shortcuts