Pepper Johnson Leaves the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Pepper Johnson Leaves the Pats

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

How would he have had a chance to keep him and move patricia? You think its feasible BB fires his DC after losing the players we lost and turning in a top 10 performances? 

Anyway, 

Pepper Johnson has 5 SB rings, anybody who thinks he isn't a crushing blow is lying to themselves.

BB could have demoted Patricia, easily. They wouldnt have even announced it most likely until June. Bottom line, he didnt. Pep definately went to BB with a promote me or let me leave conversation, and Pep left.  

Oh, "Pep definitely went to BB with a promote me or let me leave" ultimatum!!! Sure thing karp.When did he tell you that? 

Just like Babe's posts in this thread the whining BB haters have to fall back on thier amazing mind reading abilities to conjure up some BS so they can continue to trash BB thus relieving Brady of any responsibility for what was a team failure.

I am not sure why you think this is BB bashing?

Pep wants to be a DC. He prefered to be DC here, but is blocked.

Like every assnt coach other than Mangini that has left, Pep went to BB for advice, thoughts and blessings

BB seemed to have 2 options...promote Pep (at the expense of Patricia) or shake hands and let Pep walk (just not to the Jets)

Pep walked away

Now explain to me how BB is bashed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

How would he have had a chance to keep him and move patricia? You think its feasible BB fires his DC after losing the players we lost and turning in a top 10 performances? 

Anyway, 

Pepper Johnson has 5 SB rings, anybody who thinks he isn't a crushing blow is lying to themselves.

BB could have demoted Patricia, easily. They wouldnt have even announced it most likely until June. Bottom line, he didnt. Pep definately went to BB with a promote me or let me leave conversation, and Pep left.  

Oh, "Pep definitely went to BB with a promote me or let me leave" ultimatum!!! Sure thing karp.When did he tell you that? 

Champ, I expect you to say "woof, woof" when you are following me around like a puppy dog!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

No real loss, the guy was a coach on a defense that wasn't all that great.  Big deal. 

it is a big deal. Pepper is a guy who has put his hands in the dirt and has multiple rings in this game. both bring him a lot of credibility, which is huge with players today.

Pep also helped "coach up" new players, rookies, UDFA and players out of position to the AFCCCG. That is huge. Kelly, Hightower, Collins, Ryan, Harmon, Arrington, Seal, CHris Jones, Vellano, Carter, Buchanon all were either new, changed roles, played out of position, but were able to help get this team to the AFCCCG

Lastly, Pep was part of a staff that game planned, which is very hard to do. And he learned from the best. (it is very true that most of McD's undoing in Denver was that he wanted to game plan, but the staff assmbled was not capable)

IMO Pep is a big loss. I also do not think he simply walked away and it was a surprise. I am quite sure he discussed the deal with BB, and BB had the chance to keep him and move Patricia. BB didn't. Speaks volumes on how BB feels about Patricia.

I get that because he was a former player it brings a certain amount of credibility, no one would dispute that.  The rest rest of what your saying is pure conjecture and nothing more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Anyway, 

Champ, I expect you to say "woof, woof" when you are following me around like a puppy dog!

I was just pointing out your propensity for painting "your"(wink wink)teams coach in a bad light.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

Anyway, 

Just like Babe's posts in this thread the whining BB haters have to fall back on thier amazing mind reading abilities to conjure up some BS so they can continue to trash BB thus relieving Brady of any responsibility for what was a team failure.

I am not sure why you think this is BB bashing?

Pep wants to be a DC. He prefered to be DC here, but is blocked.

Like every assnt coach other than Mangini that has left, Pep went to BB for advice, thoughts and blessings

BB seemed to have 2 options...promote Pep (at the expense of Patricia) or shake hands and let Pep walk (just not to the Jets)

Pep walked away

Now explain to me how BB is bashed?

it's not but it is to the Rusty-ites of the world...he was passed over for DC before and he ain't getting any younger

Sections
Shortcuts