3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Pepper Johnson to the Bills as DL coach

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

what is the big deal and why are you all trying to create this conspiracy theory thread?? Pepper left the Pats because he was passed over for the DC job, and progressed as far as he was going to progress under BB. Similar to a day laborer "maxing out" his salary at a certain company so he decides to go to another company that still offers advancement ptoential. Nothing more nothing less. I dont have inside sources, nor do I claim to but this sitaution seems pretty cut and dried.

That's not correct. Why would you leave to go to BUffalo, a far worse situation, if you were not let go?

Pepper's contract was not picked up again by BB. This means he was let go and BB is getting some fresh blood in there. 

Pepper would have left a while ago if he felt he was wronged by not getting the DC job. Also, why does no one else offer him a DC job?

This is not a difficult thing to read between the lines on here. For whatever reason, he's not deemed DC worthy. Who knows the reasons, but no one is stopping him from going to the college ranks to take a DC role there first and then proving himself.

bad move: the more ex-Giants u have on ur staff the chances of success increase dramatically...Pats gonna regret letting Pepper go

Sure, sure.  Deep, deep regret.

tell me the truth Russ: if Welker wins MVP in the SB are u going on an all night bender or contemplating hari-Kari?

Nope.  I hate seeing selfish people rewarded, but that's what happens a lot in our society these days.

I can't see Welker getting the MVP anyway.   Not against that defense.

selfish = doesn't kiss the Patriots a**

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

True^^^. Rusty will do whatever he can to make it look like anyone who left the Patriots was a fool...which is why it will be great when Denver wins the SB and Welker gets a ring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

So, you think Marrone is resiging after 2014 to allow Pepper his first DC role? Isn't that nice gesture! 

Why would he do that when he just got there????  I don't care about BUffalo's pass rush since their overall D sucks and has for years, their secondary in particular just like Detroit's under Schwartz.

Jarius Byrd will be gone off the back end and they may walk from Dareus instead of renting him for a year at 7 million.  

When you have albatross contracts like that of Mario Williams, you don't get to build a complete defense.

You have severe reading comprehension issues. I mean jesus! Schwartz may get offered a head coaching job elsewhere and they could possibly promote Pepper to DC to replace him. What the fk is so hard to understand about that? Enroll at your local community college asap please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Given how good the Bills DL is, why is this so surprising? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

spikes was fined several times this past season for various things, his lateness for practice was the last straw for BB and he put spikes on IR....to me that sounds like a rift between coach and player. Now if this had anything to do with Pepper leaving I don't know....maybe it was the last straw for him too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

spikes was fined several times this past season for various things, his lateness for practice was the last straw for BB and he put spikes on IR....to me that sounds like a rift between coach and player. Now if this had anything to do with Pepper leaving I don't know....maybe it was the last straw for him too.

how you doin harley?  Riding the snow mobiles much this year?  Pepper going to an AFC East team seems to lean towards things not ending as rosey as BB may be putting out there.  Not like a HC or even a DC job that there is so much competition for. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Hey WeDerr haven't been as much as like been to darn cold, not fun to sled at 15-20 below...going later today thou it's 30 out. Gonna hit the trail system and do a little bar hopping with my girlfriend..if I can keep up....she rides her own and she has a lead thumb lol....looks like alot of changes coming to Foxboro...but hey it happens

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thanks for the 13 years here Pepper!  Best of luck in Buffalo.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good move by Pepper.

Lateral job but Schwartz will get a head coaching job again soon and that will put Pepper in line for the DC job.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

So much for all those theories that he was headed for Houston

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pepper makes a lateral move to Buff following Mike Rodak to the Bills. Working under Schwatrz now. Bills have a great DL, and like most situations with the Pats, this move makes you go.....hmmmm?  

It means he was let go, moron.

It is believed that Johnson departed the Patriots to seek opportunities for advancement. Schwartz, a veteran coach who was fired after five seasons with the Detroit Lions, could be in line for another head coaching job as soon as the 2015 season. That could potentially open the door for Johnson to become the Bills' defensive coordinator.

Mike Rodak

Umm, right. Did he advance?  How is a lateral movement to crappy Buffalo, advancing?

If he was advancing, he'd be hired as a DC somewhere, like maybe Buffalo. Buffalo picked Schwartz.

Why is this so difficult?  If BB let his contract expire and Pepper had nothing lined up, that means he was let go and BB is making a change.

Why is this so difficult?  The opportunity for advancement is there,  Can you read?

It is believed that Johnson departed the Patriots to seek opportunities for advancement

Wipe the sleep out of your eyes.  Rough night?  LOL

I'm not taking sides here, but the first three words,  "It is believed" , should clue you into speculation and not fact. You're basically arguing for nothing. "It is believed" Peppers aunt is sick and lives in Buffalo," it is believed " his kid is going to college there," it is believed"you actually get my point. No one but Peppers and the Pats organization truly know why. Let's just say thanks and wish him the best. Go Pats! Peace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good move by Pepper.

Lateral job but Schwartz will get a head coaching job again soon and that will put Pepper in line for the DC job.

Soon? Aren't you a guy who just recently was mocking a BB protege like Schwartz when they scapegoated him out of Detroit after so many bad drafts?

Now, you're claiming Schwartz will be a hot commodity in a calendar year to propel Pepper into a DC role for the first time?

Hey you freaking fraud, no that wasn't me.  Get your facts straight before accusing someone of something.  Oh wait.. you and facts aren't friends.  I am sick of your garbage around here you miserable little troll.  Get some friends, get a life... stop being such an ignorant b@stard, you lowlife scumbaggggg!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:

True^^^. Rusty will do whatever he can to make it look like anyone who left the Patriots was a fool...which is why it will be great when Denver wins the SB and Welker gets a ring.

It has nothing to do with it. I go by facts.   

1. Pepper wants to be a DC.

2. Pepper has never been offered a DC role. I am not even sure he's ever interviewed for one away from NE.

3. Pepper's contract was not extended.

4. Pepper just left to go to a far worse situation in Buffalo.

5. Buffalo will not win the AFCE any time soon or make the playoffs any time soon.

He's not a fool. He was let go by BB. It's not a personal thing like some of you idiots like to pass it off here, to bash BB.

Barring you wanting to show yourself to be more of a moron, and tell us why even living in Buffalo, moving your family, etc, is a better move than being in NE with a real shot in the AFC Title game again next year, you don't have a leg to stand on.

If you read bewteen the lines a bit, which morons like you struggle to do, BB has moved Pepper from LBs coach to D Line back to LBs.

When you start seeing someone being moved around like that in an organization, back to where they were before, and then not re-upped, that's not a good sign.

We'll probably never know what it is about Pepper that is a flaw in his approach or coaching style, but sometimes it's time to move on, which is what BB is doing here.

personally I think it's because Pepper wanted more than minimum wage...literally

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good move by Pepper.

Soon? Aren't you a guy who just recently was mocking a BB protege like Schwartz when they scapegoated him out of Detroit after so many bad drafts?

Now, you're claiming Schwartz will be a hot commodity in a calendar year to propel Pepper into a DC role for the first time?

Hey you freaking fraud, no that wasn't me.  Get your facts straight before accusing someone of something.  Oh wait.. you and facts aren't friends.  I am sick of your garbage around here you miserable little troll.  Get some friends, get a life... stop being such an ignorant b@stard, you lowlife scumbaggggg!

I must have really struck a nerve catching you in the act this time.  lol

Large font and bolded! I feel special.

I know I've got you caught when you react in a defensive manner like that.  

Nope, once again it wasn't me.  More lies from you DB!

I used bold and larger fonts because I just want to draw attention to your lies.  People around here are getting pretty fed up with how much you lie and how much you try and push your silly agenda.  You are a liar, a fraud!  People here posted links to the music forum and it looks like you started the same thing over there until some long time music forum posters shut you down immediately because they won't take your crap over there. LMAO! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good move by Pepper.

The guy is a walking talking lie. Nothing new.

Sections
Shortcuts