Peppers "Not about the money"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Peppers "Not about the money"

This fraud was just on the NFL network saying his move to Chicago wasn't about the money, it's about winning and championships. Really? That 7-9 record last year must have really stood out as a team on the rise. What a joke. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Re: Peppers "Not about the money"

In Response to Peppers "Not about the money":
    This fraud was just on the NFL network saying his move to Chicago wasn't about the money, it's about winning and championships. Really? That 7-9 record last year must have really stood out as a team on the rise. What a joke. 
    Posted by GrantW

Yeah, they better be bringing in a few good wideouts for Cutler to throw to. The offense is what will need some help now. Peppers is awesome, but he isn't getting any younger and if he wanted to win, he would have either come here or to Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Why is it when a player states, "It's wasn't about the money," That they just happen to end up with the team who gave them the $91.5 million-dollar contract?  Just curious...  Although, I can pretty much see where Julius Peppers is coming from here...Peppers would have looked pretty stup!d selling his services short by going to a winning franchise for a mere $91 mil.  Then, Talk about being the laughing stock of the league; he woulda never lived THAT move down...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I believe Peppers, the huge contract was just a coincidence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Did you think he'd come out and say "it was all about the money"?  It's all about PR....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yeah, he has a family to feed and he's living paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Why are we taking shots at Peppers?  Did I miss something?  Did he attack or wrong the Patriot organization somehow that I'm unaware of?

Very Juvenal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

At least he didn't say that the Bears showed him more 'respect'...which is just another word for money.  I really have no problem with this.  The Bears have almost no draft picks and needed to do something.  That team also cleared out all their assistant coaches last year, I wonder if he'll still love them after Lovie Smith gets fired!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If you want some true high comedy, see if you can find Chester Taylor's interview, where he says he went to Chicago because they'd been to the Super Bowl and only needed a few key players to get back to that level.

This from a guy whose team should have won the NFC Championship Game.

We all know it's about the money, and we also know that nobody in their right mind would say that out loud. But some of the stuff these guys come up with is priceless.

I should have stayed in public relations -- I bet there's money in teaching these guys the correct way to not say anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

HA HA HAAAAA HAAAA HA HAAAAAAAAH HAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAH! Oh boy tell me another one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Peppers

HA HA HAAAAA HAAAA HA HAAAAAAAAH HAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAH! Oh boy tell me another one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Maybe it's that NFL players can see the writing on the wall????

BB and his defensive strategy just isn't working!! You know the one that says no blitz let teams move the ball at will...We have no desire to sack you style!!

And on offense - No OC because???? Heck I don't know why???

Players and coaches are showing us something here... None of them want to play in New England!!!

WHY?????

Before you say it - I have been a Pats fan since the days of Little Mack Herron and Steve Grogan and I will remain a fan. I appreciate everything BB did here. But he can't do it all himself!! He needs coaches and players that will buy into the program and right now that is not the case.

If you are happy just competing for a division title here in New England than that may happen?? Jets and Dolphins are close by the way and the Jets may have just become the front runners!!

BUT - I want CHAMPIONSHIPS and this team has not changed a darn thing yet this year and options are running out!! Say what you want but we needed Peppers and the COCKY BB didn't court him at all!! GREAT MOVE BB!!

Heck I didn't hear a thing about New England even talking to Dansby???

So you people talking about bandwagon babies and BS like that - Good luck to you...I have been here for a long time and I want to know the Patriots are about SUPER BOWLS not division titles!!!

I pay to watch them play and I expect them to put the VERY BEST product on the field!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Not about the money. LMAO. Peppers, better to keep your mouth shut. That way, you dont across as a liar. Or you could do as Assante did and  say it is ALL about the money. Of course you would come accross as a greedy moron. Nahhhh, better to  keep your mouth shut.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Dayum, this room sounds bitter! Get over it, he's in Chicago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Overall, I'm somewhat confused with some of The Julius Pepper's quotes I've seen.  When last year, there were rumours of him coming to NE, a Peppers' spokesman said this:

"Julius wants to be paid just like everybody else," a source close to Peppers said. "He thinks he's better than [Minnesota defensive end] Jared Allen or [Albert] Haynesworth or [Indianapolis defensive end Dwight] Freeney. Why shouldn't he want that? Heck, why shouldn't he say what he's already said. He wants to win."

I like how the guy added "He wants to Win" on the end...the spokesman might has well kept the first paragraph when it was EVERYthing to do with the $$$, then said something like, "Julius Peppers has an aunt named Fran...she cooks him decent fried chicken."  I just think, it would sound about the same.

HERE is an excerpt from his press conference:

"It’s one thing to play football in this league and make a living, but it’s a totally different thing to come to a place with a rich tradition like the Bears,” Peppers said."

Then when asked by some reporter about other's insinuating that He takes plays off, Peppers adamantly negated such criticism by stating the following:

Sometimes, you’re on the field, you get tired,” he said. “If I’m not playing as hard on play 66 as I was on play number 1, then … come on.”

Now THAT'S a man who's gonna leave blood, sweat and tears on the field for you (especially after his 25 mil in upfront money & extremely limited non-incentive lauden contract).

16. This post has been removed.