Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million

I think it's safe to say that the Pats weren't gonna come close to paying that much. That being said, I'm glad they didn't. That is way too much to pay a guy in his 30's whose play is somewhat sporratic. Ridiculous money....... Chicago= suckers... Don't get me wrong, Peppers is awesome, just not that awesome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million

I agree, partly. 

I think the best way to rephrase what you are saying is the MORE logical, Peppers is awesome, maybe not $15 million awesome, certainly not $15million awesome in three years. And the small injuries he has had in the past only make it riskier. If he tweaks his back early in the deal and misses *one* prime season, it makes that deal rougher.

I would have gone $50/5yr with incentives, in that ballpark.
    OR 
    $40/3yr with option years.

That contract is too much though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million:
    I agree, partly.  I think the best way to rephrase what you are saying is the MORE logical, Peppers is awesome, maybe not $15 million awesome, certainly not $15million awesome in three years. And the small injuries he has had in the past only make it riskier. If he tweaks his back early in the deal and misses *one* prime season, it makes that deal rougher. I would have gone $50/5yr with incentives, in that ballpark. OR  $40/3yr with option years. That contract is too much though. 
    Posted by zbellino

That is definately too much to give a guy that is his age, and as you said, has had some injuries. His play isn't gonna get better, it's going to decline. I agree with your contract ideas, being that they are for less years. He will be good for the Bears the first two years, then I can see a huge drop off in his numbers coming. Wear and tear will catch up to him. The Bears will regret going with so many years at that much money, wait and see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Re: Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million:
    I agree, partly.  I think the best way to rephrase what you are saying is the MORE logical, Peppers is awesome, maybe not $15 million awesome, certainly not $15million awesome in three years. And the small injuries he has had in the past only make it riskier. If he tweaks his back early in the deal and misses *one* prime season, it makes that deal rougher. I would have gone $50/5yr with incentives, in that ballpark. OR  $40/3yr with option years. That contract is too much though. 
    Posted by zbellino

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Peppers' contract worth $91.5 million:
    I think it's safe to say that the Pats weren't gonna come close to paying that much. That being said, I'm glad they didn't. That is way too much to pay a guy in his 30's whose play is somewhat sporratic. Ridiculous money....... Chicago= suckers... Don't get me wrong, Peppers is awesome, just not that awesome.
    Posted by nightrider495

I am glad the Pats did not chase that fat contract. To much guaranteed money and to long a contract. Sorry, slim chance you are getting to the big dance or deep into the playoffs with the Bears before that contract runs out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree partly ZB. I would argue that the length of the contract is just as scary. Of those six years he'll be above average for three. As for the money the only OLB/DE I pay that to is Demarcus Ware not Peppers, not Scott, not Dumervil or Kampman or whoever because of Ware stays healthy you have the best OLB (currently) for another 4 years. Is Manny Lawson available in 2011. When you have four picks in the top sixty in 2010 and two 1sts in the 2011 draft it really is all about building through the draft. People are whining about not getting Marshall or Bolden. What do they say when BB drafts Julio Jones or A. G. Green ? Or, from a Peppers prospective: Cameron Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, or Von Miller. Cromartie: Patrick Peterson. When you read the draft posts you tend to get more reasonable people. By contrast, some of the FA post would have you believe that the sun rises and falls based on the contract negotiations of Julius Peppers. You can act like a petulant child when things don't go your way, but that seldom resolves anything. Panic and euphoria are what led to the financial crisis.....alas I've said too much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

LOL, the Bears are suckas!

Sections
Shortcuts