2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Peppers for Wilfork straight up

Thank you Darren

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Your Welcome Rebels

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is actually funny, so what would Peppers do in NE's 34?  So not only do we now not a NT we now have an innexperience 12 mil a year, 30 year old OLB.  Can you say TEs would have a field day!  Do you think Peppers will be able to drop back into coverage?

Great trade, if you are the Panthers which BTW they can't trade because he's a free agent!  He can sign with who ever he wants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

No thank you, horrible trade.  We need the younger NT not an out of position DE playing OLB for more money than VW will command.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Peppers will be asking for the same amount if not more money than what wilfork was asking for...this trade only makes sense if the pats switch to a 4-3.  But peppers wants to play in a 3-4 so theres very little chance of this happening.  if peppers is willing to take less money b/c of the position switch i can see a chance the pats finding a way to get peppers without losing wilfork.

but trading a guy whos proven he can play in the system for a guy who is older and hasnt played in the system is dumb...could end up being another bust like adalius thomas

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots have 4 potential NT's already.Wright,Brace,Pryor,Grady and maybe Richards. So I will add that if a solid acquisition of multiple Draft choices for Wilfork would definately be advised. Peppers however isn't the answer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i say we slap wilfork in the face and sign Peppers as well

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Great that's all we need. Another overpaid bust. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i agree with some on this one but peppers is far from a bust

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

rebels as a DE he has disappeared at time in his career but has been able to be considered excellent because of sacks.  As an OLB which he has never played before he would be a 12 mil yr BUST!

Not even as a FA which he is would I like the Pats to get this guy.  It's all about Peppers not the team, that's not the type of player I want on this team.  I think we already have enough of those and we are all calling to get rid of them so why are we asking for a higher priced one?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Peppers for Wilfork straight up:
    rebels as a DE he has disappeared at time in his career but has been able to be considered excellent because of sacks.  As an OLB which he has never played before he would be a 12 mil yr BUST! Not even as a FA which he is would I like the Pats to get this guy.  It's all about Peppers not the team, that's not the type of player I want on this team.  I think we already have enough of those and we are all calling to get rid of them so why are we asking for a higher priced one?
    Posted by Pats7393

I am not saying go get him for sure but I also dont understand how any Patriots fan could be picky on pass rushers... Peppers is as athletically gifted as any DE in football. Patriots couldnt even sniff the opposing QB last year yet people are still picky on who we get... its laughable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Peppers for Wilfork straight up:
    Boom, both teams are happy Your welcome
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

The first question would be...What does Peppers think about that? The last thing we need is to sign another FA who cashes his big up front contract check then mails it in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I say we sign him and play him at running back. But only if he will let us pay him 20 million a year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Two steps back, one step forward. Forget Peppers, resign Wilfork, draft a DE and OLB. Boom. I'm happy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

i say we slap wilfork in the face and sign Peppers as well
    Posted by Gulo

I agree....Tag Wilfork...sign Peppers...sign Jason Taylor to play weak side....I will be happy....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

We can be picky because if not it is a desperation move and I don't think the team will be better making a move that IMO is not the best option.

To me this is a better option but this is only my opinion
    Franchise VW, try to sign him to a long term if that's not possible then look at a trade (he has to sign the franchise tag) for VW, say a 2nd and 4th.
    Sign Jason Taylor
    Resign TBC
    Draft Cam Thomas NT 6'5" 330lbs in the 2nd, he gives you a strong run stopper as well as a guy who can also get a push from the middle.  Why not just a team that has a second go after Cam you ask and would trade for VW, well experience.  There are I think 4 more teams this year moving to a 34 those teams would like to get an experience NT to anchor their line and help transition to a 34.
    Draft Austen Lane OLB 6'6" 254lbs, a bit raw but has a ton of upside.  He's rising so he will most likely need to be taken in the 2nd round as well.

So will the $$ you give peppers you now have a veteran OLB (JT), A NT (CT) and OLB (lane) and still have $$ to offer to Mankins on a long term extension.

To add depth on the line I also would like then to draft, Tyson Alualu DE Cal 6'3" 295.  he was impresive during the senior bowl, he's projected as a 3rd but could jump into the 2nd round.  I don't think Odrick will be available at 22.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is a tough question really because it depends on so much but here is how I handicap it...

#1. Wilfork is Franchised and either the Patriots trade him from that point or they work out a long term contract. This depends on how the Patriots feel about Vince long term.
     #2. Peppers would not be a bust unless he gets injured but that is no different then any trade or aquisition you make health is always a gamble. Peppers has the body type and ability to play the hybrid DE/OLB that McGinnest did.
    #3. I think the Patriots could do both of the above and still draft another DE/OLB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

This peppers talk is ridiculous.

The man is 30 years old and will no doubt want a 4 or 5 year contract with a minimum $20 million in signing bonus alone.

Tommy's salary alone was $3.5 million this year. Peppers' was $18.2 million. 

Six times Tommy's salary, for a guy we're going to try out at  a new position? Get real!!

How did AT work out for us?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

YUP AT didnt work out so lets never spend money on a player who can help us

I love that logic

Pats7393,
    I just want an improved team... I like the idea of signing Dansby and Jason Taylor and drafting a pass rusher also but I dont see how Peppers doesnt help us

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

wow patsfansince1966...

just wow... give me some of what YOU ARE SMOKING if you dont think any of those guys help us... We just shouldnt get anyone to help. We apparently dont NEED ANY HELP? Interesting stuff.... Go back to 1966 pal... and dont compare Burgess to Peppers please. No comparison

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

YUP AT didnt work out so lets never spend money on a player who can help us I love that logic Pats7393, I just want an improved team... I like the idea of signing Dansby and Jason Taylor and drafting a pass rusher also but I dont see how Peppers doesnt help us
    Posted by rebels1520

If we were a 43 D he would line up as a DE and there would be no transition time but the Pats are a 34 base D.  in a 34 he's an OLB a position he's never played before.  I'm sure he could still rush well but he eventually has to do more like drop into coverage and stop the run, neither I trust him to do.  For the money he will make and as much development he'll need I rather have a rookie for a fraction of the money and maybe one that already has experience dropping in coverage.

I think Peppers is the wrong type player for this system, he's also 30 and now to learn a new job?

Sections
Shortcuts