Peppers gone...what now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Peppers gone...what now?

Peppers gone to the Bears according to several media, so what do we do now? Any chances we can trade for some UFA? Any interesting UFA´s at OLB?

Please dont tell me our OLBs next year will be Banta-Cain and a rookie....:-(. Right now we are being outperformed in FA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Peppers gone...what now?

How many FA are going to come in and give you 10 sacks like Tully?  After Peppers, probably nobody.  So TBC and a rookie are probably the best way to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Well I think TBC is a one-year wonder. How many sacks did he have before this season? I think the average is about 1-2 per season.

Dont tell me we will be a serious SB candidate with LB names like TBC, Guyton, Woods and Crable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

Any links attached to this Peppers to the Bears deal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Haldager is right. 

n Response to Re: Peppers gone...what now?:
    Well I think TBC is a one-year wonder. How many sacks did he have before this season? I think the average is about 1-2 per season. Dont tell me we will be a serious SB candidate with LB names like TBC, Guyton, Woods and Crable.
    Posted by haldager

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

they need to keep Bodden!!!!!! never mind Peppers......we can't take another year of turnover inthe secondary.............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

The Patriots better realise players are not lining up to play for them anymore. Especially defensive players based on the Patriots no pressure sit back make nothing happen defense!!

The Patriots should have been courting Peppers hard just like the Bears did!! Maybe the cocky Belichick needs to be humble and get on board with reality...

Looks like NO MORE PRESSURE THIS YEAR AGAIN!!!

But I will remain a Patriot for life!!! GO PATS!!!

Let's hope something happens with another FA??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Chris Gocong anyone? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

after Dunta Robinson gets signed by the Falcons, all the attention is going to be turned to Bodden. have the patriots even scheduled workouts with any free agents? I havn't heard anything

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Peppers got 40 million over the first three years...........let him go to Chicago...they will be 8-8 .who cares...........we have are own problems........we needs pass rushers and corners and wr's ...........BB must have a plan .I HOPE.........They offered Peppers 10 million a year.........why not give that to Seymour till he tanks and cut him............?????? ..........I don't get it........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Peppers gone...what now?:
    they need to keep Bodden!!!!!! never mind Peppers......we can't take another year of turnover inthe secondary.............
    Posted by EASON11

Bodden will probably be gone too......a number of teams lining up for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Definitely not Woods and Crable, but I think you can win with TBC and Guyton as long as they are complemented by very good linebackers like Mayo and hopefully a new acquisition.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

he should have come here. don banks even said so

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

didnt chung make a some nice sacks shooting the gap? maybe if he's on the field more next year it will help the pass rush

In Response to Re: Peppers gone...what now?:
    Did you guys forget Billicheck brought in a guy from the CFL for a workout.....seriously,  a DE who supposedly dominated the league....not sure his name...and we know he got D.Patten already...something tells me BIll aint changing his stripes now...Either we get lucky with some old FA stiff, or a rokkie sensation...but no big names FA's coming here to help passs rush....IMO they need to change the philosophy from read n react plug gaps B.S. 3-4 to an attacking blitzing 4-3
    Posted by patsfan76

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymc727. Show mattymc727's posts

the Bears locked up chester taylor too.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/sun-times-julius-peppers-to-bears-imminent-chester-taylor-locked-up/1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

we re-signed TBC. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Everyone is getting better but us - what the F is Bellichick doing - lets not hope he's gonna get all cute on us in the draft trading here and there - just get some darn guys to play!  Well - at least we signed Tully Banta-Cain and David Patten...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

first day of FA... guys will get cut going into camp as well. Alot of activity to go

Just because a team that will be lousy anyways (Bears) got Peppers everyone freaks out. Relax

I do think the Pats need help that not just the draft will fix... But theres a ton of stuff that will still happen

I hope we get Jason Taylor and Derrick Mason tho... two affordable guys who help problem areas. Veterans but with some left in the tank

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

BB has lost it!!!!!

Not much more to say!!! Hate to say it - BUT, MOSS MAY HAVE IT RIGHT!!!!!

Spend some money in the right place. Lets keep a few first round picks and not trade them away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Next up - reports out there are saying Bill Bellichic is interested in pulling Lynn Swann out of retirement for their #2 receiver problem.  We need a shift in philosophy down there in Foxboro - Kraft, start looking into hiring Tony Dungy as your new head coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

BB will put another patchwork cost effective D on the field this season and the D will muck just like last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

I didnt say TBC was rubbish. I just dont think he has that extra level needed to carry a defense to the SB. They signed him and Ill live with that, but to think TBC will ever be a treath like Peppers, Ware, Elvis and the freak from Indy is just too naiv. We need a stud at OLB...above-average is not enough.

What happened to Derrick Burgess?

By the way I think Peppers is all about the money - and not about winning. He said he wanted to go to a 3-4 defense but choose a 4-3 defense. He said he wanted to go somewhere he had a chance of a SB, and he chooses the Bears....plain gold-digger. But I would have loved to get Dansby!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Now we get to listen to all the NY Times employees and bandwagon fans crying about how stupid BB is and that he's lost it and whatever!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

I am hearing Dansby is close to signing with Miami... I have not heard anything about the Pats going after another FA? All I have heard was Peppers. Has anyone heard anything else about a player or two on the radar screen?

Sections
Shortcuts