Peppers on the way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Peppers on the way?

With Hobbs gone (2 mil saved) and no real pash rush drafted. Are we getting Peppers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Peppers on the way?

Contracts aside, I would give next year's #1 for Peppers.

But I would actually prefer to just sign Jason Taylor.

What about Leroy Hill, ILB formerly of Seattle. The Seahawks just removed the franchise tag. Would he come here for cheap(er) money?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]With Hobbs gone (2 mil saved) and no real pash rush drafted. Are we getting Peppers?
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

More likely, Jason Taylor is on the way. But, with the Patriots, you never know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Contracts aside, I would give next year's #1 for Peppers. But I would actually prefer to just sign Jason Taylor. What about Leroy Hill, ILB formerly of Seattle. The Seahawks just removed the franchise tag. Would he come here for cheap(er) money?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

This draft such gives me the thought we have not seen the last big move of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

There would have to be some major restructuring of contracts and allowing enough room to re-sign a few FA's after this season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Peppers is not coming. He has not signed any contract or franchise tender so he cannot be traded. Carolina has frequently said has no plans to let him go (trade or cut) for this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Forget about it!!! No money to do it!!!  If he wanted to come here, or any where else he would have sighned the tender offer.  He is just interested in sticking t  his current team and for the money

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnthomas1938. Show johnthomas1938's posts

With the draft over and done with, I don't think Peppers is headed here.  Who would the Pats trade for him?  Pay huge money for him?  The Pats don't have a history of breaking the bank.  If an important defensive FA is coming, the more probable guess is Jason Taylor.

We all know the Pats are creative and unpredictable, so it's great fun to watch their off-season intrigues.  

I'm still thinking Pioli's leaving for Kansas City will have a strong, long-term affect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Hmmm.  Let's look at the Panthers draft.

2009 NFL Draft - Carolina Panthers
    RoundPick #OverallPlayerPos.ClassSchool
    21143Everette BrownDEJrFlorida State
    22759Sherrod MartinSSrTroy
    32993Corvey IrvinDTSrGeorgia
    411111Mike GoodsonRBJrTexas A&M
    428128Tony FiammettaFBSrSyracuse
    527163Duke RobinsonGSrOklahoma
    77216Captain MunnerlynCBJrSouth Carolina

They take a DE with their first pick and don't take any OL help (which they desparately need) until the 5th round.  The Pats now have 17 OL and will keep maybe 10.  Hobbs cleared some cap and Neal and Kaczur would clear another $5MM.  The Pats didn't address their biggest need in the draft, could be Taylor, could be Peppers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm.  Let's look at the Panthers draft. 2009 NFL Draft - Carolina Panthers Round Pick # Overall Player Pos. Class School 2 11 43 Everette Brown DE Jr Florida State 2 27 59 Sherrod Martin S Sr Troy 3 29 93 Corvey Irvin DT Sr Georgia 4 11 111 Mike Goodson RB Jr Texas A&M 4 28 128 Tony Fiammetta FB Sr Syracuse 5 27 163 Duke Robinson G Sr Oklahoma 7 7 216 Captain Munnerlyn CB Jr South Carolina They take a DE with their first pick and don't take any OL help (which they desparately need) until the 5th round.  The Pats now have 17 OL and will keep maybe 10.  Hobbs cleared some cap and Neal and Kaczur would clear another $5MM.  The Pats didn't address their biggest need in the draft, could be Taylor, could be Peppers.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I don't like Peppers but 1+1 adds to 2 right, you are correct.  The Panthers draft Pepper's replacement early we don't get anyone even though you can argue with the improvements to secondary and with a healthy AD and Crable BB might just feel he's got what they need but there devil on my shoulder says this is going to be a big trade for the unproven 29 year old DE.

1 to 2 players from Pats and 2nd 2010 pick for Peppers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

That's the way I'm thinking Pats73.  We could even go our 2010 1st since we seem to be just as happy with more 2nds.  Even if Peppers can't transition to 34 OLB, he can play 43 DE opposite Green.  We move Sey and Warren inside book end by Peppers and Green and we would need our OLB to do much.  Shoring up the secondary with Chung and Butler should give us more coverage sacks.  I never liked Hobbs except as a kick returner.  So I think we go Bodden and Butler as the corners with Springs or Wheatley playing the nickel and Meriweather moving to FS.  Not sure what becomes of Sanders who we just signed for 3 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Sanders, that's a good question?  With Chung in the mix Sanders is reduced as a second string guy I think or at least by the end of the year he will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If we can't get Peppers or Taylor, what's the plan next?  Willie?  Can he still come in on pass downs and help in bringing Crable along faster?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]If we can't get Peppers or Taylor, what's the plan next?  Willie?  Can he still come in on pass downs and help in bringing Crable along faster?
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Willy is hanging them up.  He seems to like doing the TV thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Sanders, that's a good question?  With Chung in the mix Sanders is reduced as a second string guy I think or at least by the end of the year he will.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I am thinking Chung and Sanders starting S, Merryweather as a CB.  But we know that Bill will mix it all up.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm.  Let's look at the Panthers draft. 2009 NFL Draft - Carolina Panthers Round Pick # Overall Player Pos. Class School 2 11 43 Everette Brown DE Jr Florida State 2 27 59 Sherrod Martin S Sr Troy 3 29 93 Corvey Irvin DT Sr Georgia 4 11 111 Mike Goodson RB Jr Texas A&M 4 28 128 Tony Fiammetta FB Sr Syracuse 5 27 163 Duke Robinson G Sr Oklahoma 7 7 216 Captain Munnerlyn CB Jr South Carolina They take a DE with their first pick and don't take any OL help (which they desparately need) until the 5th round.  The Pats now have 17 OL and will keep maybe 10.  Hobbs cleared some cap and Neal and Kaczur would clear another $5MM.  The Pats didn't address their biggest need in the draft, could be Taylor, could be Peppers.
    Posted by Faucetman

Very good post. Looks like they may have moved on without Peppers. It may be a reach to get Peppers here. However, the Moss talk / speculation went on for a while too and got him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

If Peppers was released. We might be able to sign him. We can't trade for him though