Peppers signing meant Pats no choice but to renew Wilfork

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

Peppers signing meant Pats no choice but to renew Wilfork

I am convinced Pats thought they could land Peppers...henced they waited on resigning Wilfork..minute Peppers signed we gave Vince his extension..guess we ultimately failed since we have not been able to catch up to the other teams and their activeness early on this free agent period.

I am extremely disappointed to see Miami sign Dansby and Jests got Cromartie..we havent added no one...sad to be Pats fan! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Peppers signing meant Pats no choice but to renew Wilfork

If you are " IN A PATS STATE OF MIND" ....IT IS NEVER A SAD DAY TO BE A PATS FAN............YOU GOOFBALL............ITS MARCH AND THE WAY YOU TALK ........WE ARE 0-10 TO START THE SEASON........GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

hey Eason didnt your mom ever teach you: if you have nothing nice to say ..say nothing!...I have every right to express how I feel! I see our main competitors making major moves and its sad to see us doing nothing except sign our own guys..we could have done that last week...As for playing in traffic..perhaps a waste like you would be better suited playing in traffic ...blindfolded...jer_!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Peppers signing meant Pats no choice but to renew Wilfork:
    I am convinced Pats thought they could land Peppers...henced they waited on resigning Wilfork..minute Peppers signed we gave Vince his extension..guess we ultimately failed since we have not been able to catch up to the other teams and their activeness early on this free agent period. I am extremely disappointed to see Miami sign Dansby and Jests got Cromartie..we havent added no one...sad to be Pats fan! 
    Posted by InaPatsstateofmind

A few facts.

First, They did not announce the ext of Wilfork immediately following the Peppers deal. It was announced shortly after the Boldin deal to the Raven was announced.

Second, Wilfork was not having statements put out this whole time being under the tag through his agent because they WERE continuing to work through the contract this whole time. Kraft even spoke about it at the combine. Wilfork is not a consolation prize.

Third, did you ever think that Peppers agent might have thrown that whole offer thing out there. Not sure what kind of "serious" interest the Patriots really had. They know very well you do what the bears did and right at midnight you get your man just as they did with Adalius. If you wait on the biggest fish everyone knows you are not "truly" serious. Those guys historically do not leave the building of the 1st visit unsigned.

Fourth, Cromartie is a knucklehead and has pending legal trouble. A good player yes. Not played as well since his rookie season. Has not offered any run support over the past two seasons. SD willing to give him away. Why do you think that was? With the way everyone talked about locker room and leadership over this past season do you really want to bring a guy like that into the mix?

Sections
Shortcuts