peppers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

peppers

i seem to remember when he was a free agent most people around here moaning about his lack of motivation....but boy would he look good in a pats uniform right now! too bad we couldnt have taken all the money we gave to the likes of holt, sanders, TBC, mcgowan, kazcur, and some of the others and given it to peppers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Re: peppers

I don't think all the players you mentioned all together add up to half what Peppers makes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

right. and the pats could have signed all those guys AND signed peppers because there was no salary cap this year. or just signed peppers and saved the extra dough on those bums. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I was all for signing Peppers.  I actually thought it was hilarious, at the time, when posters would talk up TBC.  You know the guy that didn't even start last week. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

Peppers would have cost a ton of money.  That said he would look good in a PATS uniform right now

Then again maybe not as under the Pats D scheme they do the bend not break approach as opposed to the Ravens/Jets/Packers/etc who go after the QB.  How many times did we hear Seymour's stats would be much higher in a different scheme?  might have been the same with peppers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: peppers:
    [QUOTE]right. and the pats could have signed all those guys AND signed peppers because there was no salary cap this year. or just signed peppers and saved the extra dough on those bums. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

There is talk of a retro active cap next CBA to prevent clubs from spending like that in an uncapped year. That was one of the reasons contracts were so hard to do this year. On top of that Peppers would have been lousy here. He just doesn't fit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The case with Peppers wasn't about how he would look this season or nest, but how he would look three years down the road. Especially considering the lock-out possibility, signing 30 somethings bears this as a consideration. 

But Peppers, when motivated, is a force.

Although Tuck and Umenyiora looked unstoppable tonight. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think all the players you mentioned all together add up to half what Peppers makes.
    Posted by Anarchy99[/QUOTE]

That may be so, but how many years does Brady have left? He could get another knee injury or shoulder injury - and his career would be over. Noone knows for sure. So, shouldn't we "arm" the team with whoever gives us the best chance to compete for another superbowl?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peppers : There is talk of a retro active cap next CBA to prevent clubs from spending like that in an uncapped year. That was one of the reasons contracts were so hard to do this year. On top of that Peppers would have been lousy here. He just doesn't fit.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Riiiiight! Sure would be lousy here for sure! What the he** are you smokin"?? The Pats don't have ONE single player on that line that is even close to the ability of Peppers. He's a beast..and I don't care about "how he couldn't play in NE's 3-4. CRAP. A stud athlete is just that. Peppers would have been HUGE here but why pay good money when you can draft 2nd tier talent and hoard draft picks! NE's act is growing stale

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Peppers has tons of ability, no question. I, as a fan, would love to see him in a Pats uniform.

But...They pointed out last night thats he is given free rein to line up wherever he likes, right or left, on any play. I would also point out that he is full out after the QB on each snap. He plays hard and is happy atm but I am sure its because he gets to rack up stats and do as he feels best out there. This might actualy work and looks so in Chicago.

Do you see BB bending to the will of Pepper's in order to get the most out of him? maybe but you must admit it's quite a bit of bending, who knows his true feelings on that subject