Peppers:For or Against.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Just wanted to know how many fellow Pats fans are for or against the Pats making a move for Peppers. I don't care for the move as it will be some huge contract will long term implications on the Pats for years to come. I would much rather see the Pats keep the #34 pick and stay with the youth movement. Signing a veteran like Jason Taylor for the vet minimum offers little risk and great reward. A.D., Rosie, and even Seymour our prime examples of why not to place all your eggs in one basket, injuries are a factor and where will the depth be for the Pats on defense come Nov and Dec? Are the Pats going to have to call Seau again? He might just hang up the phone this time and just say "I'm getting way to old for this".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Damn the torpedoes, I say. Count me as one who only roots for the laundry anyway. If Belichick thinks it's a good idea, that's good enough for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

I want Peppers in a Patriots uniform, but how much will it cost per year? Wilfork and/or Seymour's are in contract years. Do they plan on resigning them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would rather keep the pick and resign Wilfork and Mankins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]I would rather keep the pick and resign Wilfork and Mankins.[/Quote]

You can include me also Killa!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

If Peppers was asked to only go forward (rush the passer) I would feel better about it, but asking him to play OLB a position he has never played and to cover receivers in space makes me a little hesitant especially with the numbers being thrown around. I would have liked to have seen the development of Guyton, Crable,Redd and Ruud and used the #34 on best defensive player available....but I do trust BB he is alot smarter than us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]Damn the torpedoes, I say. Count me as one who only roots for the laundry anyway. If Belichick thinks it's a good idea, that's good enough for me.[/Quote]

Peppers at 100% for a full season would be awesome, but the key word hear is "100%" Rosie was also, and A.D. was lost last year for the same issue, players get injured. The Pats might have the best D for the 1st half on the season with Peppers, but what happens in the 2nd half and playoffs? The Pats need depth and youth, just look at what they got with the Mayo pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

If BB can make it work, then why not make this move - he is the guy behind the curtain. I don't think he would make this move without completely breaking down and thouroughly calculating whether or not it would be good for the team. This would be a coup.

I also don't think this will happen if it will handcuff the team financially, I guess we'll see if it even happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]In the ,long run its still "in BB we trust"[/Quote]

We fans can still talk and debate, it makes things much more interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

against, I want Wilfork extended for like 6 years 52 mil

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

IF he signs a freindly contract,and as talented as he is, being used in one of BB schemes.a fresh start on a new team.him knowing he is in the company of brady,moss,thomas,bruschi taylor,springs,bodden.yes this is a good thing.and he would know it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]if he signs a freindly contract,and as talented as he is, being used in one of BB schemes.a fresh start on a new team.him knowing he is in the company of brady,moss,thomas,bruschi taylor,springs,bodden.yes this is a good thing.and he would know it.[/Quote]

Moss, I hope it works out, because it sure looks like he's coming, but it not a done deal yet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Lets talk plus and minus.

Plus:

He is 28 and in his prime.
    He is one of the two or three best pass rushers
    He is an elite athlete

Minus:

He might be costly
    He might not transition well to OLB

Let's say that NE does have a path to the resources to sign players like Sey and Fork. Or just take them out of the equation.

Two options. Put him at Stong Side OLB where he would play mostly zone, and be like a 6'7" power forward. Or put him at weak and move AT, where he could rush and AT would have more responsibility?

I am torn. I have my hopes and doubts about such a move. But an endorsement from Bill means everything in a move of this magnitude. Many had questions about Moss, and those were answered.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZRob101. Show ZRob101's posts

youth movement? peppers just turned 29 years old, he's in his prime and he's one of the very best in the game, averaging 10 sacks a season (14.5 last year). to turn that down for a second round pick would be a sin. he's the type of guy you make cap moves to get, not avoid making them

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

FOR all the way. WE can't get enough pressure on QB's the past few years. With AD on one side and Pep's on the other - WATCH OUT!

GO Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He just turned 28. He was born in January in 1980.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

If this is accurate they are loading up big time to get Number 4. Why not? In the 80's the Celts won 3, it always felt like it should have been 4 or 5. Pats have won 3 and left at least 2 on the table. Brady is a once in a generation talent, you make every effort possible to max the rings while you have a HOF leading the way. Peppers is as dominant a player as there is in the NFL when he's right and playing hard. They wouldn't do it if they felt the cap would kill them, maybe Brady is doing another contract redo. Good timing as the season ticket money is due in a couple of weeks. For $117 a seat and $40 to park they should have a few sheckles left over for Juli P with an uncapped season looming..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

I am torn. I have my hopes and doubts about such a move. But an endorsement from Bill means everything in a move of this magnitude. Many had questions about Moss, and those were answered.[/Quote]

sums it up for me, i like it for the player the pats could get but for the money and with vince's contract coming due i don't like it. maybe BB is going to change to a four three front?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

I am for it - I think you have to look at how versatile this player can on a BB defense - 4-3 end or a 3-4 olb - he is very versatile and I could see him at the goal line catching a TD or two - hell he has the hands of basketball player - they will have to work out the finances and I think they have a plan for it - this is to good to pass up as long as it does not hand cuff the team financially - the finances are the key - it will be interesting to see how this plays out - a bigger faster Willie McGinest - ouch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Although I have concerns about how fast Peppers could transition to a 3-4 I'm in the "yea" column. I've seen this guy make big plays, and that's what this defense needs. And who better than BB to be able to mix up schemes to get the most out of his players? He will plan to Peppers' strengths. They haven't won a SB since Willie Mac left. He used to make those huge plays late in games...especially in the postseason. If signing Peppers could help provide that I'm all for it. And I'm sure BB wouldn't even consider it if he didn't think he could make it work. Anyone he signs, superstar or scrub, fits into his master plan somehow. This can only help in pressuring opposing QBs, and that has been lacking these last couple years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

100 % against it.

1) He is not a team leader, and they need to keep all the leaders they have after this off-season. The might have to lose Sey or Wilfork, and they are better fits in a 3-4 and are leaders.
    2) Too many eggs in one basket. The nfl is moving toward having larger roster's, and it makes sense to have many quality or good players instead of a few great players. The Pats first SB is a good example.
    3) You build through the draft, and you don't win superbowls in the off-season! This seems like a Redskins/Yankees move, and they seem to never work. How did Jason Taylor work out in Washington?
    4) Peppers pulled a Manny in 07. He quit on his team. Do we want another Manny? He talks like a prima donna who is bored ("I don't think my talents have been brought out in a 4-3" What? He's a perfect 4-3 end.
    5) Peppers has never played OLB! Many feel he's not a fit for the position. I don't think he can cover Dustin Keller personally.
    6) He wants too much money!
    7) Daniel Graham owned him in the second super bowl. Does anyone remember this?

C'mon pats fans, we're smarter than this! This isn't fantasty football! For sustainable success, you build through the draft. Moves like this KILL teams. Don't do it Bill.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

100 % against it.

1) He is not a team leader, and they need to keep all the leaders they have after this off-season. The might have to lose Sey or Wilfork, and they are better fits in a 3-4 and are leaders.
    2) Too many eggs in one basket. The nfl is moving toward having larger roster's, and it makes sense to have many quality or good players instead of a few great players. The Pats first SB is a good example.
    3) You build through the draft, and you don't win superbowls in the off-season! This seems like a Redskins/Yankees move, and they seem to never work. How did Jason Taylor work out in Washington?
    4) Peppers pulled a Manny in 07. He quit on his team. Do we want another Manny? He talks like a prima donna who is bored ("I don't think my talents have been brought out in a 4-3" What? He's a perfect 4-3 end.
    5) Peppers has never played OLB! Many feel he's not a fit for the position. I don't think he can cover Dustin Keller personally.
    6) He wants too much money!
    7) Daniel Graham owned him in the second super bowl. Does anyone remember this?

C'mon pats fans, we're smarter than this! This isn't fantasty football! For sustainable success, you build through the draft. Moves like this KILL teams. Don't do it Bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]In the ,long run its still "in BB we trust"[/Quote]

BINGO!

I think that keeping the pick, signing Taylor would be cheaper and less of a risk since Taylor has actually played in a 3-4 OL.

If at all possible...imagine this....

Trading for Peppers and signing Jason Taylor...AD moves to the middle with Mayo, Peppers and Taylor on the outside.....

That would be a sick front 7!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Observer6. Show Observer6's posts

[Quote]He just turned 28. He was born in January in 1980.[/Quote]

Math isn't your strong suit is it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

You don't always build a team through the draft. Moss, Welker, Thomas.... Look at all the Free agents they've signed this off-season. The Pats have too many draft picks as it is. They'll need to combine some picks to move up in the draft order and trade some for higher round picks next year.

I would love seeing Peppers in a Pat's uniform. A pass rush is what the D is missing. Go get him.