Per Denver post mailbag with Mike Klis....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Per Denver post mailbag with Mike Klis....

Mike, play analyst for a bit. The Broncos beat the Patriots if...? The Broncos lose to the Patriots if...?
    --Jake, Marion, Iowa

Now, here's a question. Broncos win if their defense stops LaGarrette Blount from going off and generates enough pass rush to prevent Tom Brady from exposing the hole in the Broncos' secondary created by the loss of Chris Harris. And the Broncos' offense and special teams can't commit more than one turnover.

The Broncos also win if Peyton Manning has an average day. Average, by the way, is 38 points. I don't think the Patriots can score more than 35 points -- without multiple turnovers.

The Broncos lose if they can't stop Blount, can't prevent Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola from picking up large, yards-after-catch chunks and Bill Belichick comes up with a dastardly game plan that frustrates Manning, as he did during the 2003 and 2004 playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Per Denver post mailbag with Mike Klis....

Okay, Mike. Check my math. Peyton Manning's playoff record, prior to Sunday's win, was a combined 9-11. Eight of those losses were one-and-dones. That means his teams were 9-3 with two Super Bowl appearances in the other years, right? Well, this is an "other year," yeah?
    --Eric, Seattle, Wash.

You're right. Take away the eight one-and-dones and Manning's playoff record is 10-3. That's way better than Tom Brady's 18-7 playoff record. (Wait, what's that? Is there a problem here?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7colas. Show 7colas's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike, play analyst for a bit. The Broncos beat the Patriots if...? The Broncos lose to the Patriots if...?
    --Jake, Marion, Iowa

Now, here's a question. Broncos win if their defense stops LaGarrette Blount from going off and generates enough pass rush to prevent Tom Brady from exposing the hole in the Broncos' secondary created by the loss of Chris Harris. And the Broncos' offense and special teams can't commit more than one turnover.

The Broncos also win if Peyton Manning has an average day. Average, by the way, is 38 points. I don't think the Patriots can score more than 35 points -- without multiple turnovers.

The Broncos lose if they can't stop Blount, can't prevent Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola from picking up large, yards-after-catch chunks and Bill Belichick comes up with a dastardly game plan that frustrates Manning, as he did during the 2003 and 2004 playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I like that word dastardly. That sounds like the hoody we all know and love.

Go pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

--Jake, Marion, Iowa

The Broncos lose if they can't stop Blount, can't prevent Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola from picking up large, yards-after-catch chunks and Bill Belichick comes up with a dastardly game plan that frustrates Manning, as he did during the 2003 and 2004 playoffs.[/QUOTE] I guess the other 8 victories against Goober led teams don't count!!!! BB owns PM, he just makes the right calls defensively against him, he shows one defense and pre snap switches! The last time we played a team with the so called all world TE was the Saints all BB did was put Aqib Talib on him all day, result a zero pass catching day! For most of this season the Secondary has played short- handed. Arrington,Dennard, DMac, Gregory and even Talib have persevered through injuries and now on the verge of the AFC CG they are finally as close to 100% as they've been since OTA's began. The wild card on defense is Jamie Collins, if he plays like he did last week the Broncos will be in trouble. It's rather optimistic on the part of the Denver writer to think that Denver will score 38 points, let alone 30. It's defense that wins championships that's what this game will be all about. Winner moves on, loser stays home!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay, Mike. Check my math. Peyton Manning's playoff record, prior to Sunday's win, was a combined 9-11. Eight of those losses were one-and-dones. That means his teams were 9-3 with two Super Bowl appearances in the other years, right? Well, this is an "other year," yeah?
    --Eric, Seattle, Wash.

You're right. Take away the eight one-and-dones and Manning's playoff record is 10-3. That's way better than Tom Brady's 18-7 playoff record. (Wait, what's that? Is there a problem here?)

[/QUOTE]

I believe Brady had three one and dones, take those away and Brady's playoff record in the "other" playoffs is 18 - 4 and 10 - 3 is better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I guess I will be rooting for "Dastardly". But I must say Blount is going to be the direct or indirect key to the upcomimg "W" imho.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--Eric, Seattle, Wash.

[/QUOTE]

I believe Brady had three one and dones, take those away and Brady's playoff record in the "other" playoffs is 18 - 4 and 10 - 3 is better?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. What an unbelieveably silly response from Mr. Klis. 

Talk about flawed logic, in every sense of the word "flawed". 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--Eric, Seattle, Wash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post, I was thinking the same thing

Mikes math ....CHECKED ....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If DRC draws Edelman all game, the Pats should use Julian as an inside WR all game. Cromatie cheats by guessing, put him inside and force him to use technique. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--Eric, Seattle, Wash.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. What an unbelieveably silly response from Mr. Klis. 

Talk about flawed logic, in every sense of the word "flawed". 

[/QUOTE]

It was an intentionally silly response in answer to a silly question.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

If you take away Brady's 43 career losses (30 fewer than Manning), he would be 148-0, which is pretty amazing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

38 Is average? Clearly he didn't watch the past two times these times played. He's right though about what the broncos have to do defensively obviously.

Sections
Shortcuts