Per Ed Werner: No Gronk Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Per Ed Werner: No Gronk Sunday

what a joke

sick of the shiz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Per Ed Werner: No Gronk Sunday

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If that is true, the team needs an explanation and that explanation  needs to be released as a press release to the public.  You simply cannot be running around all summer partying in bewteeen surgeries, doing book tours, offer to people to fly to Vegas and get hammered, bodyslam your friends on a dance floor (odd), and then not be ready to play as you practice and look just fine in practice.

I am sorry, but you can't let the agent, Gronk's daddy, etc, try to dictate from the sidelines like some over-zealous parent who is basically looking to cast blame on some bad luck with a broken arm.

It's not like Gronk came into this league with a clean injury history, and I just hope this has nothing to do with players pulling back from HGH in fear of the testing that was rumored to start off the CBA or this season.

It's pretty bizarre to get such conflicting reports off a broken bone in a 23 year old's arm from January.   

Christ, the infection gone and final surgery was May!  

The other thing is, he's taken a roster spot up this whole time when he should have spoken up and told them he should be PUPd. Clearly, this is a power pay by "Team Gronk" and it's being reported the Pats have put all final decisions into Gronk's lap, so this is Gronk and his ego in control here, folks.

Final call comes tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

very well said. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This guys stock has plummeted from all-world TE to all-world chump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I think that it was already made clear that this is the doctor's decision to make.  I'm not sure what more will be said than that.  As far as the value of him not being PUP'd is concerned...I would say that it is the fact that once he is given the all clear, there will be no delay in him getting into game shape.  The fact that he has been able to practice with the team should work out as an advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I agree.  I was pissed when I saw that body slam crap., and now this months later.  He has the mental maturity of a twelve year old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I just want him to get healthy and stay healthy. I want him to be a productive player here for years to come and to play out his contract here. I don't know if all of the healing problems are his fault, the doctors, or a combination of, and I really don't care. I want him off the field as long as it takes to get him right. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

If that is true, the team needs an explanation and that explanation  needs to be released as a press release to the public.  You simply cannot be running around all summer partying in bewteeen surgeries, doing book tours, offer to people to fly to Vegas and get hammered, bodyslam your friends on a dance floor (odd), and then not be ready to play as you practice and look just fine in practice.

I am sorry, but you can't let the agent, Gronk's daddy, etc, try to dictate from the sidelines like some over-zealous parent who is basically looking to cast blame on some bad luck with a broken arm.

It's not like Gronk came into this league with a clean injury history, and I just hope this has nothing to do with players pulling back from HGH in fear of the testing that was rumored to start off the CBA or this season.

It's pretty bizarre to get such conflicting reports off a broken bone in a 23 year old's arm from January.   

The other thing is, he's taken a roster spot up this whole time when he should have spoken up and told them he should be PUPd. Clearly, this is a power pay by "Team Gronk" and it's being reported the Pats have put all final decisions into Gronk's lap, so this is Gronk and his ego in control here, folks.

Nice job Russ! There is no excuse for this. Gronk can't even use Clowney's excuse. THIS IS THE NFL and he's got his contract. Play or your a puzzy Gronk. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nice job Russ! There is no excuse for this. Gronk can't even use Clowney's excuse. THIS IS THE NFL and he's got his contract. Play or your a puzzy Gronk. 

[/QUOTE]

THE RallyC has returned!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THE RallyC has returned!

call it a cameo Joe.  Nice OP brother!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's looking like Jimmy Graham was the better pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

trade for Gonzalez, disable Gronk and see how he likes that.  Too much theater from drama king.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

why are you surprised?

From his back surgery the docs said his back would stop him more than his bones

He wasn't lifting for some time after

A few weeks ago they were joking how thin he was

Do you want to send him before he is at the right weight?

I just want him back to make the playoffs and be in the playoffs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

well  he was lifting friends        and body slamming them.  Hate to be his enemy    or friend

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

While I really truly disliked all the partying he did while recovering...

The medical reports that are being put out there about his arm make sense to me and I understand the situation even if it is frustrating as a fan.

My opinion is that the cloudy part that is infuriating fans is that he has been practicing and its being reported that he's being or has been tackled.

The problem is people really are not there for entire practices. I don't believe that there is any real context to exactly what repeated physical force he is actually absorbing during practices. It might really be not much of anything.

The bottom line is his arm would not have needed a plate or any surgery apparently except that both he and the Patriots opted for it so he would have a chance to play in the playoffs and have a shot at a superbowl.

That is exactly what fans always want from their players on their favorite teams. He did that at his own peril and paid the price of breaking his arm in a 2nd different location and incurring subsequent infections that further compromised and weakened the area.

The funniest part to me is that so many of folks here were all on-board for Gronk taking his time and making sure he was 100%. That was until of course that time exceeded what they thought was the likely logical return date, and game, in their minds. Ha!

Ahh the fickle fan base.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't have any problem at all with Gronk taking his time to come back. I do think he was rushed back last year, and that decision was a poor one both for the team and for Gronk. 

Gronk was an injury risk when he was drafted and has proved injury prone since.  I'm hoping for the best, but I really don't have a great deal of confidence that Gronk will be a major contributor this year or that his career will be long and productive.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I really truly disliked all the partying he did while recovering...

The medical reports that are being put out there about his arm make sense to me and I understand the situation even if it is frustrating as a fan.

My opinion is that the cloudy part that is infuriating fans is that he has been practicing and its being reported that he's being or has been tackled.

The problem is people really are not there for entire practices. I don't believe that there is any real context to exactly what repeated physical force he is actually absorbing during practices. It might really be not much of anything.

The bottom line is his arm would not have needed a plate or any surgery apparently except that both he and the Patriots opted for it so he would have a chance to play in the playoffs and have a shot at a superbowl.

That is exactly what fans always want from their players on their favorite teams. He did that at his own peril and paid the price of breaking his arm in a 2nd different location and incurring subsequent infections that further compromised and weakened the area.

The funniest part to me is that so many of folks here were all on-board for Gronk taking his time and making sure he was 100%. That was until of course that time exceeded what they thought was the likely logical return date, and game, in their minds. Ha!

Ahh the fickle fan base.

liability is the issue. No Dr. will clear anyone until the injury survives traMa. JC! Play and prove the bone's integrity or this could go on forever!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

trade for Gonzalez, disable Gronk and see how he likes that.  Too much theater from drama king.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure he'd love it...he signed that huge contract, and this would let him hit the Vegas drinking/stage wrastlin' circuit fulltime until next season...

Mel speaketh the truth! Come on Gronkclowney!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get your frustration Russ as I am as well, but I don't think the pats doctor cleared him yet. Anyone confirm.? If this is the case, then Gronk can't be at fault.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Okay, if,that's the case then there is no excuse For him not to play. God knows this offense needs him badly. This week would have been the perfect week to have him in a marquis game at home. 

Russ, I don't think prolate is being a troll at all saying graham may have been the better pick when you have graham playing and doing well , and Gronk not even getting on the field plus all his missed time during key stretches and games. 

parcells comment on getting on the field rings true here. Regardless of how great Gronk is, he's worthless if he doesn't play. Not sure how you see a troll in that unless, like others you accuse of having blow up dolls, you don't like when yours gets stuck with a pin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

It never ceases to amaze me, in situations like this, where there is little factual information available, some people insist on filling the void with nothing but unsubstantiated speculation and talk about it like it is the bonafide truth.  Seeing as how none of us has any control over the situation, why don't just wait and see how it all shakes out, before we all go rushing to judgement about RG's desire to play the game.  Based upon what I have seen of the man, on the field, I have no reason to doubt him, to this point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Sad state of affairs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

My heart says that he wants to play.  Atleast I want to believe that he does.  I mean c'mon, he looks like he loves the game when he's out there.

It looks to me like he's caught in the middle of a tug-of-war between the team and his doctor,agent and family. 

Just a thought.

I still hate the fact that they put a plate in his arm when he first broke it.  Surgery should always be the last resort.   What happened to just resetting the bone and putting a cast on?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Gronk had his last surgery on the arm on May 20th, with an expected 10-11 week recovery period. He had his back surgery in late June, with an expected 12 week recovery, taking that until late September. But that recovery time doesn't mean he would be back to full strength at that time. He broke the arm in November, so he hasn't been able to lift the kind of weights he was used to liftng since then. I'd think it could take several more weeks for him to be getting close to his old strength back. Yes, he can run around the field and catch the ball and even get tackled in a controlled practice environment. But if his total body strength is only at 70% of what it used to be, he certainly does risk reinjury by coming back too soon.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/05/source_gronks_forearm_surgery_will_happen_monday

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/06/08/patriots-rob-gronkowski-can-return-from-back-surgery-but-will-same-dominant-player/s0KQ2ruAi65rCdxaIulPmM/story.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

The last surgery was mid May, dude. That's like 6 months ago! I was one who said just PUP him if you need to, so instead they didn't need to, so he got practice reps in since Week 1, he's well conditioned, etc, and with his behavior and belligerence he has taken up a roster spot just so he could practice, which apparently is nothing more than extended mini camp for Gronk.

Is he going to do this every week???

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly.

AND, if you go out and do even minor googling on various types of serious soft tissue and bone infections you would see that the recovery time can take as long as at least 6 months to recover from such things.

...and that I assume is just for the average person who is not looking to go out and compete in an NFL game.

Those timelines would seem to coincide perfectly with the perceived very closeness of Gronk being almost ready at this time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

the latest was the Pats doctor Gill has cleared him a while ago, but Jupiter or whatever his name is and James Andrews have NOT cleared him.

Gill was the Pats guy. He said Gronk was cleared week 2-3 i forget, so they wanted him back then.

Jupiter (or whatever) is Gronk doctor who has yet to clear him.

So i guess today since the two sides have been in argument for a couple weeks they called up Andrews to give a third opinon and break the tie. and he sided with Gronk, so theere we have it.

the bs continues.

Sections
Shortcuts